Windows 10: Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user

Discus and support Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This setting "Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user" exists in Group Policy and is referenced in the Windows Delivery Optimization... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by robmacf, May 31, 2024.

1. robmacf Win User

Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user

This setting "Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user" exists in Group Policy and is referenced in the Windows Delivery Optimization documentation at this link.When this setting is enabled, Windows will read and apply user web proxy configuration from the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry hive instead of the HKEY_LOCAL_USER hive. For example, to set a per-machine proxy configuration that uses an explicit proxy PAC URL, enable the setting "Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user" and set a registry value in Computer Configuration/Preferences/Windows Settings/Registry as

:)

robmacf, May 31, 2024

2. proxy settings..

Hi,

Issues with the proxy settings are usually caused by broken system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the registry? Kindly provide us a screenshot of the changes that you made.
    • To avoid redundancy, what are the troubleshooting steps that you've already performed?

In the meantime, we suggest that you create a test user profile. Check if you will have the same issue with proxy settings. This is for us to verify if the issue is isolated with one user profile or with multiple accounts.

To create a test user profile, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana search, type Settings and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Choose Add someone else to this PC.
    • Click I don't have this person's sign-in information.
    • Click Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    • Name the user as TEST and then provide a password.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 31, 2024
  3. proxy settings

Hi Mike,

To set up a proxy server in Windows 10, you may follow the following steps.

• Press the Windows key and I to open
      Settings
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Proxy you can either Automatically set up a proxy or
      Manual set up a proxy server.

Let us know if this answers your question.

Gerald Vit, May 31, 2024
  4. Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user

proxy settings

Automatically - I did that. Where is my "script address"

Thanks

Mike

MikeBridenhagen, May 31, 2024
Thema:

Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user

1. Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user - Similar Threads - proxy settings per

2. Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user: This setting "Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user" exists in Group Policy and is referenced in the Windows Delivery Optimization documentation at this link.When this setting is enabled, Windows will read and apply user web proxy configuration from the...
  3. Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user: This setting "Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user" exists in Group Policy and is referenced in the Windows Delivery Optimization documentation at this link.When this setting is enabled, Windows will read and apply user web proxy configuration from the...
  4. Display settings per user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings per user: I have several users on my Windows 11 computer. I have two extra displays connected to this computer.This is what I am looking for: for example when user X is logged in, I would like to use only one display, when another user is logged in, I would like to use all three...
  5. Display settings per user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display settings per user: I have several users on my Windows 11 computer. I have two extra displays connected to this computer.This is what I am looking for: for example when user X is logged in, I would like to use only one display, when another user is logged in, I would like to use all three...
  6. Set Proxy per machine on Windows 10 and Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Proxy per machine on Windows 10 and Windows 11: I need to set the proxy on Windows 10 and 11 for all users on the computer, and keep it from being changed, even if a new user is added to the computer. Computers are not joined to a windows domain controller so can't use a group policy. I have this registry file to keep the...
  7. Set Proxy per machine on Windows 10 and Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Proxy per machine on Windows 10 and Windows 11: I need to set the proxy on Windows 10 and 11 for all users on the computer, and keep it from being changed, even if a new user is added to the computer. Computers are not joined to a windows domain controller so can't use a group policy. I have this registry file to keep the...
  8. Set Proxy per machine on Windows 10 and Windows 11

9. How to set network Proxy settings per WIFI connection?

How to set network Proxy settings per WIFI connection?: Windows 10 version 2004+ Is there any way to set Proxy settings for specific wifi or lan connections, so that when switching networks one does not have to manually go and change the proxy settings? this is very easily accomplished on android. I often switch networks at work...
  10. Set language per user

in Windows 10 Support
    Set language per user: Hi, Does anyone know if there is a way to set display language (and locale) per user? I change it and it's changed for all the users, system wide. Thanks in advance! 135499