Windows 10: Low resolution

Discus and support Low resolution in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Dell K20A Thunderbolt / USB-C Docking Station K20A001 WD19 for work and I’m trying to connect a 3rd monitor using the remaining HDMI port. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Samuel Chaney, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Low resolution

I have a Dell K20A Thunderbolt / USB-C Docking Station K20A001 WD19 for work and I’m trying to connect a 3rd monitor using the remaining HDMI port. The first 2 monitors are connected with DP jacks but the last one is HDMI and is stuck in a very low resolution. I can’t change it higher than a very low resoulution while the first two are very high. What are the options to make the 3rd monitor a high resolution like the other 2?

:)

Samuel Chaney, Jun 20, 2024

2. Windows 10 low resolution in program

Hi Xiyuan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Is your system up to date?
    Install if there are nay pending updates through Windows updates before performing below step.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the display driver then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.

• Press Windows key +
      X
      and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 20, 2024
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 20, 2024
  4. Smokes68 Win User

Low resolution

Low Resolution

Hello
    Despite trying to find the right info I am still no further forward I am having problems with low screen resolution on my Desktop PC 22" monitor even though I have had it set to 1024x768 and above the screen still looks massive, I have tried dpi,, make desktop icons smaller it still does not look right, I thought this may be down to the motherboard M5A78L-M Plus/USB3 on board vga (I will be getting a better MB a bit later on following suggestions from people on here suggested Thanks for the advice) I tried an old ATI 4600 which worked very well with Win XP with drivers newly downloaded from AMD this made no difference

My laptop resolution is great at 1440 x 900 running the same operating systems with dual boot Win10 RS! and Win7 Pro with SP1

I have tried searching forums, YouTube, Google and now out of ideas of what to try next?

Thanks
    Smokes

Sorry if I have posted in wrong section

Smokes68, Jun 20, 2024
Thema:

Low resolution

1. Low resolution - Similar Threads - Low resolution

2. how to rename copy correct several individual filenames of low-resolution files onto a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to rename copy correct several individual filenames of low-resolution files onto a...: (Errata: last word in subject title should read "set" not sent.) The challenge (Example): A folder contains i.e. 32 files of a TV series. For example, S01-E01 through E32 The original file names contain the episode title but are in a low-resolution. Let's name this folder...
  3. 3 monitor locks on3 screen to a very low resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 monitor locks on3 screen to a very low resolution: When my laptop has 2 monitor connected everything is working fine once I plug a 3rd monitor in one of the original displays locks to a low resolution, I tried all sorts of combinations and cable and uninstall ingredients drivers but nothing has worked...
  4. 3 monitor locks on3 screen to a very low resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 monitor locks on3 screen to a very low resolution: When my laptop has 2 monitor connected everything is working fine once I plug a 3rd monitor in one of the original displays locks to a low resolution, I tried all sorts of combinations and cable and uninstall ingredients drivers but nothing has worked...
  5. Low resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low resolution: I have a Dell K20A Thunderbolt / USB-C Docking Station K20A001 WD19 for work and I’m trying to connect a 3rd monitor using the remaining HDMI port. The first 2 monitors are connected with DP jacks but the last one is HDMI and is stuck in a very low resolution. I can’t change...
  6. Low resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low resolution: I have a Dell K20A Thunderbolt / USB-C Docking Station K20A001 WD19 for work and I’m trying to connect a 3rd monitor using the remaining HDMI port. The first 2 monitors are connected with DP jacks but the last one is HDMI and is stuck in a very low resolution. I can’t change...
  7. Some apps exhibit low resolution during installation, but the issue is resolved once the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some apps exhibit low resolution during installation, but the issue is resolved once the...: .Some apps exhibit low resolution during installation, but the issue is resolved once the app is fully installedSome apps exhibit low resolution during installation, but the issue is resolved once the app is fully installedSome apps exhibit low resolution during installation,...
  8. Some apps exhibit low resolution during installation, but the issue is resolved once the...

Some apps exhibit low resolution during installation, but the issue is resolved once the...: .Some apps exhibit low resolution during installation, but the issue is resolved once the app is fully installedSome apps exhibit low resolution during installation, but the issue is resolved once the app is fully installedSome apps exhibit low resolution during installation,...
  9. Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?: I have two monitors setup individually with their own windows. After using my computer for a while tabs began flashing open and closed, computer began going a little slow, screens went black, then turned back on to all my tabs being frozen or closed with an empty error tab....
  10. Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?

Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?: I have two monitors setup individually with their own windows. After using my computer for a while tabs began flashing open and closed, computer began going a little slow, screens went black, then turned back on to all my tabs being frozen or closed with an empty error tab....