Windows 10: Low CPU utilization, yet max. frequency

Discus and support Low CPU utilization, yet max. frequency in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HP Zbook G5, equipped with i7-8850H. Windows 10 Enterprise, version 21H2, build 19044.1620. BIOS and all driver up-to-date at the time of this writing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LoomisTowcar, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Low CPU utilization, yet max. frequency

HP Zbook G5, equipped with i7-8850H. Windows 10 Enterprise, version 21H2, build 19044.1620. BIOS and all driver up-to-date at the time of this writing. DISM and SFC clean.Even though CPU utilization settles down to low single digits, the CPU "Speed" in Task Manager always stays above 4 GHz. When I use MSConfig to stop all but Microsoft services from loading, it continues to run above 4 GHz. In Safe Mode the CPU runs at the Base Speed of 2.59 GHz and doesn't vary at all, so I'm thinking it may be one of the devices or services loading during a normal boot.I'm going to start triaging this by com

:)

LoomisTowcar, Apr 10, 2022
  2. SackHappy Win User

Overclock cpu max frequency constantly changing in task manager

Hi,

I'm overclocking my Intel 8700k to 5Ghz and every time I check the current frequency in task manager the max is constantly changing. I have high-performance power settings on windows enabled and I have also disabled CPU state and Intel SpeedStep in the BIOS.
    I also noticed that when using other tools to display my GPU and CPU performance they show my CPU max frequency is exactly 5Ghz, why does Task Manager constantly display a constantly changing frequency?

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated

SackHappy, Apr 10, 2022
  3. Ram Frequency low

It's stable alright. I played 3 hours of Night Of The Dead on all maxed out settings at 3840x2160.
    The 5950x and 6900XT kept it at a good 58-60fps reaching a max temp of 72c on the CPU and 67c on the GPU.
    I spent maybe 30 minutes on Serious Sam 4 and an hour on GTAV.
    So far, everything is smooth and responsive. No BSOD's or application crashes.

I ran the free UserBenchmark.com utility 3 times in a row without any failures and then ran the windows memory checker.
    All good!

Low CPU utilization, yet max. frequency [​IMG]

gettheclicker, Apr 10, 2022
  4. Low CPU utilization, yet max. frequency

Windows 10 CU - i7 3770K always on max frequency

I've an issue in windows 10 creators update. My CPU 3770K runs always on max frequency 3.9ghz in idle with low CPU percentage of usage. With windows 7, the CPU freq. swing between 1.6ghz (idle) and 3.9ghz (load). I would like to restore the previous behaviour.

Some detail:

• Windows 10 Creators Update, all update available are installed
    • all mb drivers are updated
    • The power preset is "high performace" with minimum level of cpu 1%, max 100%
    • Turbo boost enabled
    • CPU freq settings on BIOS is set to "auto"
    • C1E enabled
    • EIST enabled

I use a MSI z77-g43 with the last BIOS.

Anyone can help me?
    thanks

Alessandro Corradini, Apr 10, 2022
Thema:

Low CPU utilization, yet max. frequency

1. Low CPU utilization, yet max. frequency - Similar Threads - Low CPU utilization

2. CPU Frequency limiting at 1.2 GHz or 40% utility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Frequency limiting at 1.2 GHz or 40% utility: My CPU has been limiting to 1.2 GHz or 40% utilization even on low demand games like the older Call of Duty games. I turned on high performance mode for my laptop and i set core count in msconfig to the highest amount but sometimes it is still somehow limiting CPU Usage. It's...
  3. CPU Frequency limiting at 1.2 GHz or 40% utility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU Frequency limiting at 1.2 GHz or 40% utility: My CPU has been limiting to 1.2 GHz or 40% utilization even on low demand games like the older Call of Duty games. I turned on high performance mode for my laptop and i set core count in msconfig to the highest amount but sometimes it is still somehow limiting CPU Usage. It's...
  4. Low CPU util on CPU-intensive games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low CPU util on CPU-intensive games.: Hello! I came here to ask this question. Why is my CPU always on low utilization when I'm playing FH4 and any other high-graphics games? But whenever I'm using something like Blender or just playing lightweight games like Roblox, my CPU utilization is all the way at the max....
  5. Low CPU util on CPU-intensive games.

Low CPU util on CPU-intensive games.: Hello! I came here to ask this question. Why is my CPU always on low utilization when I'm playing FH4 and any other high-graphics games? But whenever I'm using something like Blender or just playing lightweight games like Roblox, my CPU utilization is all the way at the max....
  6. CPU running at max frequency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU running at max frequency: To lead off, nothing on my system is overclocked and the cpu has a min process state of 20%. So I unplugged my PC the other day to clean up around it and have had nothing but issues since getting it back together. Outside of an issue with my wifi adapter that fixed itself, my...
  7. CPU running at max frequency

CPU running at max frequency: To lead off, nothing on my system is overclocked and the cpu has a min process state of 20%. So I unplugged my PC the other day to clean up around it and have had nothing but issues since getting it back together. Outside of an issue with my wifi adapter that fixed itself, my...
  8. Low CPU utilization, yet max. frequency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low CPU utilization, yet max. frequency: HP Zbook G5, equipped with i7-8850H. Windows 10 Enterprise, version 21H2, build 19044.1620. BIOS and all driver up-to-date at the time of this writing. DISM and SFC clean.Even though CPU utilization settles down to low single digits, the CPU "Speed" in Task Manager always...
  9. Low CPU utilization, yet max. frequency

Low CPU utilization, yet max. frequency: HP Zbook G5, equipped with i7-8850H. Windows 10 Enterprise, version 21H2, build 19044.1620. BIOS and all driver up-to-date at the time of this writing. DISM and SFC clean.Even though CPU utilization settles down to low single digits, the CPU "Speed" in Task Manager always...
  10. CPU Low Utilization and Low Core Speeds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU Low Utilization and Low Core Speeds: I have Dell Latitude E6530 Core i7-3720QM 2.60ghz and nvidia nvs 5200m For the past month or so my cpu core speed won't go above 0.90ghz and CPU utilization stays below 10% .I tried reinstalling Windows Resetting Computer but none worked. Note:I don't know if this relates...