Windows 10: Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones

Discus and support Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Audio quality seems to be locked to "tape recorder quality", the headphones sound muffled because of this. I think that the problem is the fact that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TimWarham, Oct 30, 2023.

1. TimWarham Win User

Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones

Audio quality seems to be locked to "tape recorder quality", the headphones sound muffled because of this. I think that the problem is the fact that windows is recognising the headphones as a headset rather than headphones which locks the audio at tape recorder quality. I have tried unchecking handsfree telephony but this just leads to no audio at all. My headphones are the sony wh-ch710n. Thanks

:)

TimWarham, Oct 30, 2023

2. Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones

Hello Caleb,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes being made on the PC?
    3. What is the make and model of the PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run the troubleshooter for Bluetooth.

1. Go to Settings > Updates & Security > Troubleshoot.
    2. Under Find and fix other problems click on
      Bluetooth.
    3. Follow the instructions on the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Try updating the Bluetooth drivers. Refer the article to

update drivers in Windows 10

Also, you can refer the article by Bose on
    poor sound quality from a Bluetooth device
    and

optimizing audio

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 30, 2023
  3. David P10 Win User
    Poor audio quality in Sony mdr zx330bt Headphone

A:

1 I've been facing this issue since I've connected these to my computer

2 No, Not really

Method one didn't work

Method two didn't work as the headphones don't have drivers...

"I also suggest you to follow the article Low sound quality and Sound
    from the Bluetooth headphones/speakers cuts or noise occurs
    , and check if that helps."

I read those but none of them helped

I have used these with other devices (other computer, laptop,mobile devices etc...) and the audio quality is good

I hope to speak to you soon,

David P

David P10, Oct 30, 2023
  4. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Oct 30, 2023
Thema:

1. Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones - Similar Threads - Low audio quality

2. Delay/Low Quality on Bluetooth Audio Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delay/Low Quality on Bluetooth Audio Windows 11: I bought a pair of bluetooth earbuds JBL Tune 230NC TWS for listenning to music, watching movies, youtube, etc. When i use them on android, they sound perfect through the app, but when i tried them to use on windows, they sound awful and with an uncomfortable delay on audio...
  3. Delay/Low Quality on Bluetooth Audio Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delay/Low Quality on Bluetooth Audio Windows 11: I bought a pair of bluetooth earbuds JBL Tune 230NC TWS for listenning to music, watching movies, youtube, etc. When i use them on android, they sound perfect through the app, but when i tried them to use on windows, they sound awful and with an uncomfortable delay on audio...
  4. Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones

Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones: Audio quality seems to be locked to "tape recorder quality", the headphones sound muffled because of this. I think that the problem is the fact that windows is recognising the headphones as a headset rather than headphones which locks the audio at tape recorder quality. I...
  5. Bluetooth low quality microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth low quality microphone: Hello i am using Windows 11 and the Sennheiser CX True Wireless Bluetooth HeadsetPlayback quality is ok, but i cannot use the microphone in a good quality. The recording quality is very bad not so on Android Smartphone or iPad - there ist perfectThe Recording tab on sound...
  6. Bluetooth low quality microphone

Bluetooth low quality microphone: Hello i am using Windows 11 and the Sennheiser CX True Wireless Bluetooth HeadsetPlayback quality is ok, but i cannot use the microphone in a good quality. The recording quality is very bad not so on Android Smartphone or iPad - there ist perfectThe Recording tab on sound...
  7. Windows 11 Bluetooth Low Audio Quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Bluetooth Low Audio Quality: In Windows 11...When connecting gaming headsets, and bluethoot headsets and even bt speakers I experience poor sound quality, I mean tape quality... however if I disable the recording in the old sound settings the quality is back, how to do I a fix? this this is a showstopper...
  8. Windows 11 Bluetooth Low Audio Quality

Windows 11 Bluetooth Low Audio Quality: In Windows 11...When connecting gaming headsets, and bluethoot headsets and even bt speakers I experience poor sound quality, I mean tape quality... however if I disable the recording in the old sound settings the quality is back, how to do I a fix? this this is a showstopper...
  9. BlueTooth Headphones Bad Audio Quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BlueTooth Headphones Bad Audio Quality: Hi all ,whenever I use my Bluetooth headphones it is extremely bad quality. It says connected as "voice", I have tried updating drivers it says you have the latest drivers installed. I tried unchecking hands free telephony but when I go to sound settings my headphones are...
  10. Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones: Hello, so here is my problem: I am running Windows 10 64 bit and I have a set of Bose AE2 Soundlink wireless Bluetooth headphones. The audio works perfectly fine at first, but if I let it sit idle for, let's say, longer than a minute, the audio will be choppy; by this, I...