Windows 10: lost Recent Places

Discus and support lost Recent Places in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Lost the Recent Places folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-recent-places/459225e6-8c26-4249-a98f-d3844ae163d5 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lee725, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Lee725 Win User

lost Recent Places

Lost the Recent Places folder

:)

Lee725, Nov 5, 2021

2. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Nov 5, 2021
  3. Recent Places

Hi Steve,

Turn On or Off "Recent Items" and "Frequent Places" in Settings app.

1. Right click or press and hold on your desktop, click/tap on
    Personalize, and go to step 3 below.Or,

2. Open
    Settings
    , click/tap on the
    Personalization icon, and go to step 3 below.

3. Click/tap on Start on the left side. Turn on or off to
    Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar for what you want.

4. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Anannya Podder, Nov 5, 2021
  4. Jerry8A Win User

lost Recent Places

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Nov 5, 2021
Thema:

lost Recent Places

1. lost Recent Places - Similar Threads - lost Recent Places

2. lost Recent Places

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost Recent Places: Lost the Recent Places folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-recent-places/459225e6-8c26-4249-a98f-d3844ae163d5
  3. After recent update of bios, temporary profile is in place

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    After recent update of bios, temporary profile is in place: After updating the bios, I can't seem to log back in my normal account. I have tried the method of going in to regedit and deleting one, but still it goes in preparing window and log ins without my old setting. I am able to access the account only in safemode. I would greatly...
  4. after recent upgrade lost control

after recent upgrade lost control: help.microsoft.cm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-recent-upgrade-lost-control/79de8210-d570-47d2-aec4-428545b24f39
  5. Recent places missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent places missing: Hi - there are various threads concerning this, but nothing has been done. My productivity has crashed with WIndows 10, and a lot is to do with the file opening and saving. I can pin recent folders to the file open widow, which helps, but when saving files this can't be...
  6. lost search function in recent updates.

in Cortana
    lost search function in recent updates.: I recently noticed that the search function in the taskbar stopped working. The taskbar shows search magnifying glass and "Type here to search", but when I enter any text the popup window is totally black. No search results are displayed. The issue seems to have occurred...
  7. Recent places in Explorer doesn't work.

Recent places in Explorer doesn't work.: Hiya, has had this issue for a couple of days now where I right click on the Explorer app on the taskbar and click a recently visited folder and nothing happens, there is no window popping up with the location. I have also looked through Brink's tutorial on the forums...
  8. Recent Places on File Explorer Always Empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Places on File Explorer Always Empty: Hello guys , i really don't know what to do. The recent places on file explorer alwyas empty and shows only the pinned folders , in notepad for example it do shows the "recent" Anyone know how to solve it? Thanks. 66036
  9. Recovering recently lost files

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering recently lost files: Please can somebody help. I am a photographer, I'm trying to recover .CR2 images that I had created and saved from the past few months. I had to reinstall Windows 10 the other day, after the laptop froze when using Spotify, and I turned off the laptop without Shutting...
  10. Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer?: Much as I like Windows 10 (despite an unnecessarily difficult installation), I'm horrified to find that they have apparently abandoned the 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' folders - which I used constantly and had grown to love. Are they hiding them somewhere? Is there a...