Windows 10: Looking For Help With Windows Deployment Server

Discus and support Looking For Help With Windows Deployment Server in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I built a new WDS server and loaded boot images from the Windows 10 iso. When I try to boot to UEFI PXE I receive a PXE-E16 error code. I can see from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mgman11, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Looking For Help With Windows Deployment Server

I built a new WDS server and loaded boot images from the Windows 10 iso. When I try to boot to UEFI PXE I receive a PXE-E16 error code. I can see from the logs that the request is making it to the server. Has anyone dealt with this issue before?

submitted by /u/mgman11
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mgman11, Jun 25, 2020

2. Need Help in BitLocker deployment Step by Step

Dear All,

We are planning to deploy to deploy Windows 10 BitLocker in our organization. Could you please anyone help me with step by step deployment from the scratch.

1. What are the requirement?
    2. How to setup BitLocker management server?
    3. What are the per-cautions and best practices?
    Thanks in well advance for brief guide.

Best Regards

Faisal

Faisal_Raza, Jun 25, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Looking For Help With Windows Deployment Server

Customised Windows 10 deployment on multiple desktops and laptops.

OK, after giving this a thought and thinking how I would do it, here's my suggestion. Please notice that, as I said, this is how I would do it. Other geeks might disagree with parts or all of it.

I tested this scenario using one Hyper-V VM as technician machine (the one to build image) and three virtual machines to test simultaneous deployment in two scenarios:
    • Capturing install.wim from technician machine and using DISM to apply / deploy image from a network share
    • Capturing install.wim from technician machine, making ISO from it, deploying by clean installing from ISO burned to Flash drive
    Based on the fact that ISO method is clearly faster and simpler, it is what I suggest to you. I estimate you would need an hour and half to two hours to customize install image, capture it and make an ISO, then assuming you would make 5 Flash drives for install / deployment you would need about half an hour per five machines, in other words you would deploy to those 25 new machines in less than three hours, almost a full working day to deploy those 50 existing ones.

Two working days, day 1 to make the image and deploy to new machines, day 2 to deploy to old ones.

Chronological workflow based on my suggestion:

Phase 1, Image customization tutorial, parts One through Six:
    • Install Windows 10 on a technician machine (I recommend Hyper-V VM but any capable PC is OK)
    • Boot to Audit Mode
    • Update Windows, install software, customize & personalize Windows
    • Sysprep
    Phase 2:
    • Capture the install.wim from technician machine as told in this tutorial, Part Four steps 4.1 through 4.5 (physical PC as technician machine) or Part Four steps 4.6 through 4.13 (Hyper-V VM as technician machine)
    • Create ISO as told in same tutorial, Part Five
    • Burn / write ISO to as many Flash drives as you want to / need to for simultaneous installs
    • Boot production machines from Flash drive, install Windows 10
    The above is how I would do this. If you choose the DISM method instead, applying install.wim from a network share, see this Microsoft support article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../hh824910.aspx

For more advanced deployment using MDT see this article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../dn475741.aspx

Thema:

Looking For Help With Windows Deployment Server

1. Looking For Help With Windows Deployment Server - Similar Threads - Looking Help Deployment

2. Select C\windows\system32\cmd.exe deployment server?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Select C\windows\system32\cmd.exe deployment server?: I bought a refurbished HP prodesk, windows 10.Works great except on startup I get a window saying "cannot connect to deployment server ...retrying" then it continues to try over and over. I just x out of the box, and move on. This box appears only on startup and doesn't seem...
  3. Select C\windows\system32\cmd.exe deployment server?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Select C\windows\system32\cmd.exe deployment server?: I bought a refurbished HP prodesk, windows 10.Works great except on startup I get a window saying "cannot connect to deployment server ...retrying" then it continues to try over and over. I just x out of the box, and move on. This box appears only on startup and doesn't seem...
  4. Please help me to deploy the L2bridge container network on windows server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me to deploy the L2bridge container network on windows server: Please help me to deploy the L2bridge container network, I must use ipv6, I refer to this article, but without success, the l2brigde driver is not even loaded, how do I load this driverl2brigde.sys, what services do I need to enable?...
  5. Please help me to deploy the L2bridge container network on windows server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help me to deploy the L2bridge container network on windows server: Please help me to deploy the L2bridge container network, I must use ipv6, I refer to this article, but without success, the l2brigde driver is not even loaded, how do I load this driverl2brigde.sys, what services do I need to enable?...
  6. Please help me to deploy the L2bridge container network on windows server

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows Server 2022MDTUpdate Deployment Share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2022MDTUpdate Deployment Share: Windows10MDTMDTUpdate Deployment Share=== Making sure the deployment share has the latest x86 tools ====== Processing LiteTouchPE x86 boot image ===Building requested boot image profile.System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Unable to open the specified WIM...
  8. Windows Server 2022MDTUpdate Deployment Share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2022MDTUpdate Deployment Share: Windows10MDTMDTUpdate Deployment Share=== Making sure the deployment share has the latest x86 tools ====== Processing LiteTouchPE x86 boot image ===Building requested boot image profile.System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Unable to open the specified WIM...
  9. Deploying Software from Windows Server 2016 to a Client.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deploying Software from Windows Server 2016 to a Client.: I am attempting to deploy software from a Windows Server 2016 to a Client using hypervisors. Below I will post the ping results between my server and clients. I have followed the process to deploy software via "Group Policy Editor" Server can ping client, client can ping...
  10. Appx Deployment Server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Appx Deployment Server: Hellow, I am looking into what Appx Deployment server is capable of after it gave me an error recently. Kindly inform me what is its function and why is it necessary to have it in your PC. I will be grateful if you can reply as soon as possible. Thank you. With Regards,...