Windows 10: Login screens after sleep

Discus and support Login screens after sleep in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When my PC emerges from sleep mode, I am confronted first with a Microsoft Spotlight screen, followed by a login screen. The latter is just a button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mburwen, Apr 5, 2022.

1. mburwen Win User

Login screens after sleep

When my PC emerges from sleep mode, I am confronted first with a Microsoft Spotlight screen, followed by a login screen. The latter is just a button labeled "Login". I would like to bypass these screens and go straight to my home desktop screen. I've tried the Lockscreen options under Personalization and the Accounts > Signin options, but can't find an option that will do what I want. Any ideas?

:)

mburwen, Apr 5, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 5, 2022
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Apr 5, 2022
  4. txstoby Win User

Login screen does not appear

Sometimes, like half of the time, when I put my laptop in sleep mode, it fails to wake up enough to display the login screen. I must do a hard restart in order for it to appear so that I may login.
    Any suggestions?

txstoby, Apr 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Login screens after sleep - Similar Threads - Login screens sleep

2. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login screens after sleep: When my PC emerges from sleep mode, I am confronted first with a Microsoft Spotlight screen, followed by a login screen. The latter is just a button labeled "Login". I would like to bypass these screens and go straight to my home desktop screen. I've tried the Lockscreen...
  3. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login screens after sleep: When my PC emerges from sleep mode, I am confronted first with a Microsoft Spotlight screen, followed by a login screen. The latter is just a button labeled "Login". I would like to bypass these screens and go straight to my home desktop screen. I've tried the Lockscreen...
  4. Sleep and Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep and Login: when i open my laptop 2 weeks old, acer it just shows my lock screen. no login no asking for the pin, just my wallpaper. ive tried shutting and reopening and restarting it but i cant do anything because i can only see my lockscreen. can someone help me with this?...
  5. Sleep and Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep and Login: when i open my laptop 2 weeks old, acer it just shows my lock screen. no login no asking for the pin, just my wallpaper. ive tried shutting and reopening and restarting it but i cant do anything because i can only see my lockscreen. can someone help me with this?...
  6. Bypassing the login screen after restore from sleep or hibernation

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypassing the login screen after restore from sleep or hibernation: I have my desktop set up to boot directly into Windows when starting up, that is, no password. I would like to have the same behavior when I restart after sleep or hibernation, but I can't find a way to do that. 173844
  7. Windows 10 login screen after sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login screen after sleep: After sleep I am shown a login screen the one with picture * The computer have a local account. * No password. No box to uncheck in accounts. No screen saver, and also the box for show login screen is unchecked. Settings ->>Sign in options does not show anything I...
  8. No sound from session on login screen after sleep. Changed after 1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from session on login screen after sleep. Changed after 1809: I have been using foobar2000 and fooscheduler as an alarm clock for years. When I go to sleep I put computer to sleep and in the morning fooscheduler wakes the computer and starts to play music. I has worked before, but now couple of weeks ago 1809 update was installed on my...
  9. Win 10 goes into login screen after sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 goes into login screen after sleep: Build 17763: Suddenly this Dell XPS 8930 goes into the login screen after coming out of sleep. One click and I'm back into Windows. The problem is that any backup programs that I've scheduled to run in the middle of the night will no longer start since the login screen...
  10. Creators Update : Blank login screen after sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update : Blank login screen after sleep mode?: Hi, I've run into a wide variety of similar issues by searching but none specifically like the one I have, so sorry in advance if this has already been mentioned. This problem started after the Creators Update. Anytime my system goes into sleep mode (I'm on a laptop so...