Windows 10: Login Issue with password forgotten

Discus and support Login Issue with password forgotten in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I used to login my laptop through PIN instead of password till yesterday. But today when I opened my laptop and tried to login, it asks me to put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chetan Mukund Vibhute, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Login Issue with password forgotten

I used to login my laptop through PIN instead of password till yesterday. But today when I opened my laptop and tried to login, it asks me to put password instead of PIN and I do not remember the password. I do not see the sign-in option to change the login method from password to PIN. How can I login to laptop again without knowing the laptop password?

:)

Chetan Mukund Vibhute, Mar 4, 2023

2. Password Issues

Hi Juliette,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• Do you login to Microsoft Account in your system?
    If yes, I suggest you to try to login in to your Microsoft account on other working computer. If you have forgotten your password, I suggest you to reset Microsoft account login password.

Please refer this link, mentioned below and follow the steps to resolve the issue.

Forgotten password and other sign-in problems.

I can't sign in to my Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Mar 4, 2023
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Mar 4, 2023
  4. Login Issue with password forgotten

Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

Hi Linda,

Issue reported: You are required to sign-in to your Windows 10 PC provided the main account is locked out due to forgotten Password/Pin.

Scope: Although! there is no way to hack into an admin account, which is locked out by a Password or a Pin. However, you must have a Microsoft account associated with a machine. If you do, we can try performing below mentioned troubleshooting steps.

The first thing we should check before performing troubleshooting steps, as how many users are assigned to that machine, if you have another user account which can be used to perform command prompt tasks, try to log-in using that user account or if no choice, use a guest account.

Troubleshooting steps:

• Try to log-in using another admin account or use a guest user account.
    • Type ‘cmd’ in the search box and perform a right click on it and then left click on ‘run as administrator’.
    • It may ask you to sign-in using your Microsoft account (your email address and a password associated with your Microsoft account).
    • Once the ‘cmd’ box is opened then type “net user administrator /active:yes” then hit ‘enter’.
    • Restart your machine
    • Login using ‘Administrator’ account in Windows 10. It takes no password, would let you in, without a password.
    • Type ‘Control Panel’ in the search box and then click on User Accounts.
    • Right click on the User Account in question, which is locked out and then click on ‘remove password’.
    • If the remove password option doesn’t work, try to upload a similar image/picture in reference to that user account.
    • If you successfully remove a password associated with that User Account, then sign-off.
    • Restart your machine and try to login using the same User Account in question.
    NOTE: The above-mentioned troubleshooting steps are suggested as a general suggestion, not a solution. Whether you are able to recover your account then, your problem is solved. If you would not be able to recover the locked account, then you may have to reinstate Windows 10 in your machine using your Microsoft Account.

Should you have any question or a doubt performing above mentioned troubleshooting steps, you may respond to this threat or post a counter question.

Regards,

Chetan Kochhar, Mar 4, 2023
Thema:

Login Issue with password forgotten

1. Login Issue with password forgotten - Similar Threads - Login Issue password

2. Login Issue with password forgotten

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login Issue with password forgotten: I used to login my laptop through PIN instead of password till yesterday. But today when I opened my laptop and tried to login, it asks me to put password instead of PIN and I do not remember the password. I do not see the sign-in option to change the login method from...
  3. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password forgotten - stuck on login screen: I got my brothers old laptop with Windows 10, and i removed the picture password which was the only way me or my brother could get into the computer. Me and my brother can't remember the password or the pin. I am stuck on the login page, with no way possible to get back into...
  4. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

Password forgotten - stuck on login screen: I got my brothers old laptop with Windows 10, and i removed the picture password which was the only way me or my brother could get into the computer. Me and my brother can't remember the password or the pin. I am stuck on the login page, with no way possible to get back into...
  5. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Forgotten Password

Forgotten Password: HiLast week I downloaded a Windows update to clean up files etc. It said it would take awhile so I stepped away from the computer. When I returned, the facial recognition screen was flashing on and off and the red lights on each side of the camera were flashing. I restarted...
  7. forgotten login password

forgotten login password: I am trying to fix my granddaughters windows10 laptop. She has forgotten the password and cannot remember any of the previous passwords which the Microsoft password reset process asks for. Also tried the troubleshooting options including trying to get to the command prompt...
  8. Forgotten password - Microsoft Surface Pro login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten password - Microsoft Surface Pro login: The same password I have always used to login to my Microsoft surface pro keeps saying the username or password is incorrect. I press the power and the volume up buttons at the same time whenever my computer is Experiencing issues and i got this message. [IMG] Exception...
  9. Forgotten login password and security questions

Forgotten login password and security questions: Hi, I have forgotten my login and the answers to my security questions. Is there a way to reset my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-login-password-and-security-questions/0c6a2e78-daae-4528-b03a-f856647af051"
  10. Password Disk forgotten Password Issue

Password Disk forgotten Password Issue: On my Windows 10 PC's I can not remember my Password. I tried to create a Password disk using my Windows 7 Laptop and it would not work on the Windows 10 PC. Do I need to use another Windows 10 PC to create this Password Disk. I have a Window's 10 Tablet. Will that...