Windows 10: Lock Windows 10 WiFi connections to only one AP

Discus and support Lock Windows 10 WiFi connections to only one AP in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello is there currently a option to disable choice of WiFi APs to lock down the system to only work with one AP? Like Mac address lock down in reverse... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jonathan Lee jlee102, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Lock Windows 10 WiFi connections to only one AP

Hello is there currently a option to disable choice of WiFi APs to lock down the system to only work with one AP? Like Mac address lock down in reverse pointing to the wireless router. Devices are getting to be so small they are now able to download from items the size of a Tamagotchi that have built in APs. They have made a tamagotchi + Gameboy and it downloads data by changing your APs name to point the laptop to it and quickly change files, now this is not been a exploited yet, however it could be. The current market for this is called a PocketSprite. This points to a new need for Mac addre

:)

Jonathan Lee jlee102, Jul 19, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 19, 2021
  3. Configure AP Mode with Same SSID to extend WiFi signal

When I reset the wifi on my cellphone it will connect fine to the AP wifi, same happened with my laptop, but the other devices no luck, my tablet is trying to con constantly and my other laptop says no internet secured.

PesSarmiento, Jul 19, 2021
  4. Kursah Win User

Lock Windows 10 WiFi connections to only one AP

Configure AP Mode with Same SSID to extend WiFi signal

Sounds like the AP is not passing traffic or has a delay. If you leave the router WiFi off, disable WiFi on a phone, reenable wifi on phone and reconnect to WiFi (being broadcast by AP) does it connect? If not, double check that you set the APs Gateway properly and that means it should be your router...that's something your screenshots did not show.

Kursah, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

Lock Windows 10 WiFi connections to only one AP

1. Lock Windows 10 WiFi connections to only one AP - Similar Threads - Lock WiFi connections

2. Wifi locked and only one bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi locked and only one bar: So i have a rog strix g15 and I let my friend play on it and he must have pushed something because now all networks routers, etc all have the locked symbol and have one bar. They work for every other device so it’s a computer problem please let me know if you have advice...
  3. Wifi locked and only one bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi locked and only one bar: So i have a rog strix g15 and I let my friend play on it and he must have pushed something because now all networks routers, etc all have the locked symbol and have one bar. They work for every other device so it’s a computer problem please let me know if you have advice...
  4. Only one WIFI connection won't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only one WIFI connection won't work.: Hello, I have 2 routers, my ISP provided one, which I can connect to perfectly fine, and my linksys "booster" one, which I cannot get to connect with internet even when I can I only get .01Mbps. I've already done the following:Reset both routers.Renew IP address....
  5. Only one WIFI connection won't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one WIFI connection won't work.: Hello, I have 2 routers, my ISP provided one, which I can connect to perfectly fine, and my linksys "booster" one, which I cannot get to connect with internet even when I can I only get .01Mbps. I've already done the following:Reset both routers.Renew IP address....
  6. Only one WIFI connection won't work.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 10 - WIFI can't connect to specific AP

Windows 10 - WIFI can't connect to specific AP: My colleagues and I have a Linux single board computer used as a controller on a new product design. The sbc is running a simple access point.* I can connect to it with older Windows 10 PCs, Linux PCs, Android Phones, iPad basically everything else I've tried* I can't...
  8. PC will only connect to WiFi in one room

PC will only connect to WiFi in one room: I just purchased an HP 15-dy1074nr. For some reason, it will only connect to WiFi in one room. It also shows the WiFi as having no signal strength, yet is still able to execute internet functions such as visit websites. All other WiFi-enabled devices in my home smartphones,...
  9. Allow connection to only one WiFi network?

Allow connection to only one WiFi network?: Hello, Is it possible to allow my company's laptops to be connected only to one and only one WiFi connection which is my company's? 126537
  10. Allow Windows 10 Pro to connect to only one WiFi?

Allow Windows 10 Pro to connect to only one WiFi?: Title says it all. Anyone know how to do it? 41656