Windows 10: Lock Screen Not Enforcing via for SCCM & Intune When User Sets Their Own Wallpaper !!

Discus and support Lock Screen Not Enforcing via for SCCM & Intune When User Sets Their Own Wallpaper !! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Issue: The Lock Screen Wallpaper is working for Domain - joined devices by using the below mentioned registry changes provided by Microsoft but not for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rajendran g, Jun 13, 2024.

1. Lock Screen Not Enforcing via for SCCM & Intune When User Sets Their Own Wallpaper !!

Issue: The Lock Screen Wallpaper is working for Domain - joined devices by using the below mentioned registry changes provided by Microsoft but not for internet-based client or co-managed environment.Path: HKLM:\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\PersonalizationString: 'LockScreenImage' -Value 'C:\folder\image.jpg' Discovery:When a user sets the lock screen, the registry keeps updating in: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SystemProtectedUserData\User SID\AnyoneRead\LockScreen The default value changes from 0 to an alphanumeric string. H

:)

Rajendran g, Jun 13, 2024

2. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 13, 2024
  3. SCCM Local Policy - BITS

Managing BITS policy for clients can be done several ways - just a few listed here:

1. Group Policy template
    2. Local Policy template
    3. registry
    4. and more...

SCCM client settings for BITS uses local policy to enforce the BITS agent settings.

Consider the following scenario:

SCCM client settings contains BITS settings for max throttle, start and stop times, etc...

SCCM Client settings also have the "Limit the maximum network bandwidth for BITS backgrounds transfers" set to "NO" so, effectively no settings that are configured are actually being enforced.

This is working fine. Here's the issue:

If I fun the following command:

GPResult /scope computer /h file.htm

... the output file will show that this local setting is "enabled" and appears it is enforced.

The setting is not enforced but the reporting mechanism thinks it is. I'm considering this a bug. This burned a customer and cost them several hours of troubleshooting where this setting was coming from because they swore that SCCM was not setting it.

nick.aquino, Jun 13, 2024
  4. Ach Zacky Win User

Lock Screen Not Enforcing via for SCCM & Intune When User Sets Their Own Wallpaper !!

Wallpaper on lock screen

I want to ask about a way to solve changing the problematic lock screen wallpaper, so the problem is when we are at the place to change the wallpaper as a picture, but every time I change it the wallpaper will continue to load and not be replaced either, even the wallpaper that was I used it before it also loaded and the loading didn't finish, that's all the explanation of my question, I hope for a suggestion or input so I can change my lock screen wallpaper

Ach Zacky, Jun 13, 2024
Thema:

Lock Screen Not Enforcing via for SCCM & Intune When User Sets Their Own Wallpaper !!

1. Lock Screen Not Enforcing via for SCCM & Intune When User Sets Their Own Wallpaper !! - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Enforcing

2. Setting lock screen background via Intune not working- possible bug?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting lock screen background via Intune not working- possible bug?: I'm moving all our group policies over to Intune Configurations and have noticed an issue with the lock screen background policy we use.I've created a new configuration and have selected some entries from Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization:- Force a...
  3. Setting lock screen background via Intune not working- possible bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting lock screen background via Intune not working- possible bug?: I'm moving all our group policies over to Intune Configurations and have noticed an issue with the lock screen background policy we use.I've created a new configuration and have selected some entries from Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization:- Force a...
  4. Setting lock screen background via Intune not working- possible bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lock Screen Not Enforcing via SCCM & Intune When User Sets Their Own Wallpaper !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Not Enforcing via SCCM & Intune When User Sets Their Own Wallpaper !!: Issue: The Lock Screen Wallpaper is working for Domain - joined devices by using the below mentioned registry changes provided by Microsoft but not for internet-based client or co-managed environment.Path: HKLM:\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\PersonalizationString:...
  6. Lock Screen Not Enforcing via SCCM & Intune When User Sets Their Own Wallpaper !!

Lock Screen Not Enforcing via SCCM & Intune When User Sets Their Own Wallpaper !!: Issue: The Lock Screen Wallpaper is working for Domain - joined devices by using the below mentioned registry changes provided by Microsoft but not for internet-based client or co-managed environment.Path: HKLM:\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\PersonalizationString:...
  7. Lock Screen Not Enforcing via SCCM & Intune When User Sets Their Own Wallpaper !!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Lock Screen Not Enforcing via for SCCM & Intune When User Sets Their Own Wallpaper !!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Not Enforcing via for SCCM & Intune When User Sets Their Own Wallpaper !!: Issue: The Lock Screen Wallpaper is working for Domain - joined devices by using the below mentioned registry changes provided by Microsoft but not for internet-based client or co-managed environment.Path: HKLM:\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\PersonalizationString:...
  9. Lock Screen Not Enforcing via for SCCM & Intune When User Sets Their Own Wallpaper !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Not Enforcing via for SCCM & Intune When User Sets Their Own Wallpaper !!: Issue: The Lock Screen Wallpaper is working for Domain - joined devices by using the below mentioned registry changes provided by Microsoft but not for internet-based client or co-managed environment.Path: HKLM:\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\PersonalizationString:...
  10. Set initialkeyboardindicators via Intune

Set initialkeyboardindicators via Intune: I am trying to set HKU/default/control panel/keboard/initialkeyboardindicators via Intune. Cannot find a Policy CSP for a custom OMA-URI which is my preferred method. Would like to avoid a Powershell script.Any ideas or insights how I can most appropriately set this reg...