Windows 10: lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute

Discus and support lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My intel laptop goes to lock screen after approx. 1 minute. Windows 11 homeThere is a lot of info about screen saver times, when plugged in / or on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by meho kameric, Jun 20, 2022.

1. lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute

My intel laptop goes to lock screen after approx. 1 minute. Windows 11 homeThere is a lot of info about screen saver times, when plugged in / or on battery. a different subjectI find it so annoying when I am working, the screen locks, facial recognition or pin needed to carry on.Can anyone help.

:)

meho kameric, Jun 20, 2022
  2. chrislee Win User

Disable inactive lock screen.

Good afternoon,

I've got a feeling I'm missing something really basic but I am unable to disable the lock screen that appears after approx 5 minutes of inactivity.
    I've used registry and deactivated it following tutorials but that has only stopped the lock screen on start up.

I'm sure I've got it turned off in settings but it still appears.
    Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    Chris.

Windows 10 Home.

chrislee, Jun 20, 2022
  3. New HP laptop locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity

I use a new HP laptop and have a problem which I am unable to solve. It is connected with power settings. I tried to changed them several times but with no avail. My computer locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity. Hhelp me to sort it out
    I am in despair

Irving Leyesa, Jun 20, 2022
  4. lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute

Screen saver starting automatically after 1 minute of inactivity

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be frustrating when the settings of Windows are not working the way they are supposed to.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    2. What is the exact model of the PC?

Refer the article to know
    Which Windows operating system am I running?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run the power troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below to run the troubleshooter.

1. Go to Settings >
      Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    2. Under Find and fix problems look for
      Power.
    3. Click on it and select
      Run the troubleshooter
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

Change the screen saver time and check.

1. Go to Settings >
      Personalization > Lock screen.
    2. Now click on Screen saver settings.
    3. On the screen saver window change the
      wait time as per your choice.
    4. Click on Apply and
      OK.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 20, 2022
Thema:

lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute

1. lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute - Similar Threads - lock screen inactivity

2. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Hello, I am trying to setup an RDP that continuosly fetches data from a PLC the problem is to do this I need my display to always stay on. My computer currently locks the screen after every minute and signs me out. I have changed all settings in control panel and settings yet...
  3. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Hello, I am trying to setup an RDP that continuosly fetches data from a PLC the problem is to do this I need my display to always stay on. My computer currently locks the screen after every minute and signs me out. I have changed all settings in control panel and settings yet...
  4. lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute: My intel laptop goes to lock screen after approx. 1 minute. Windows 11 homeThere is a lot of info about screen saver times, when plugged in / or on battery. a different subjectI find it so annoying when I am working, the screen locks, facial recognition or pin needed to carry...
  5. Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity: I use Windows 10 Home. After system update Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 I find that desktop screen goes black after 1 min of inactivity, no matter what I specify in settings: 10 min, 30 min or 'never'....
  6. Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity: I use Windows 10 Home. After system update Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 I find that desktop screen goes black after 1 min of inactivity, no matter what I specify in settings: 10 min, 30 min or 'never'....
  7. Screen Locks after 1 minute

Screen Locks after 1 minute: Please Help, My computer locks itself after 1 min of inactivity. I've tried: Changing theme to Default Changing Screen Saver settings to different time/off Changing the Power plan in Power Options Editing the values in Windows Registry with Regedit Changed...
  8. Lock screen going to sleep after only 1 minute

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen going to sleep after only 1 minute: Hello, I was wondering how to change this. I want it to wait longer to put my computer to sleep then just one minute during my lock screen. I have tried going through advanced power options -> Display -> Console Lock Display Off Timeout, But that last directory does not...
  9. my win10 locks to sign in screen after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my win10 locks to sign in screen after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity: screen is only set to turn off after 3 hours and the rest are disabled (Dynamic Lock, screen savers and power setting options) submitted by /u/koorio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkrigd/my_win10_locks_to_sign_in_screen_after_1_or_2/
  10. New HP laptop locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity

New HP laptop locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity: I use a new HP laptop and have a problem which I am unable to solve. It is connected with power settings. I tried to changed them several times but with no avail. My computer locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity. Hhelp me to sort it out I am in despair...