Windows 10: lock icon showing but the file isn't locked

Discus and support lock icon showing but the file isn't locked in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have this issue with windows i guess that i find really annoying. Lock icon over a file that was locked but i unlocked the file so i don't know how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ivan Hardi, Aug 31, 2024.

1. lock icon showing but the file isn't locked

I have this issue with windows i guess that i find really annoying. Lock icon over a file that was locked but i unlocked the file so i don't know how to "delete" the lockcan someone help.

:)

Ivan Hardi, Aug 31, 2024

2. UNABLE TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS AND NUM LOCK ISN"T WORKING

UNABLE TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS IN SYSTEM AS WELL AS NUM LOCK ISN"T WORKING

rohit tiwari2, Aug 31, 2024
  3. Windows 10 Lock Icon

I am having issues being able to paste files into a folder that has a lock icon on it. I am not the owner of the folder, my boss is. I am using Windows Pro 10 and my boss is using Windows 8.1. I can open files contained within the folder but cannot paste files into the folder. I have opened properties and gone to the security tab and I am listed within the Group or user names list and my permissions are all at allow. Any suggestions?

wsquality1, Aug 31, 2024
  4. Jacee Win User

lock icon showing but the file isn't locked

Is there any Browser locking software to lock down browsers?

Read this about Firefox ....... How do I lock my Firefox browser?

Steps To Lock Mozilla Firefox With A Password

• Open Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools -> Add-ons.
    • An Add-ons window will appear with a search box. ...
    • At the top of all, you will see Master Password+ add-on. ...
    • After installing, it will ask you to restart the browser.
    • After restarting, you will see a lock icon in the address bar.
    Nov 24, 2018

How To Lock Mozilla Firefox And Chrome With A password ...

https://www.techuntold.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener ugc">

Jacee, Aug 31, 2024
Thema:

lock icon showing but the file isn't locked

1. lock icon showing but the file isn't locked - Similar Threads - lock icon showing

2. lock icon showing but the file isn't locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock icon showing but the file isn't locked: I have this issue with windows i guess that i find really annoying. Lock icon over a file that was locked but i unlocked the file so i don't know how to "delete" the lockcan someone help....
  3. File with lock icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File with lock icon: Hi. I have a partial copy of an old HDD from my 2014 Windows XP.I have files on an HDD with a padlock icon and I want to open them. Despite the permissions being extended to "Everyone," when I double-click, it says: "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO OPEN THIS FILE. Contact the...
  4. File with lock icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File with lock icon: Hi. I have a partial copy of an old HDD from my 2014 Windows XP.I have files on an HDD with a padlock icon and I want to open them. Despite the permissions being extended to "Everyone," when I double-click, it says: "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO OPEN THIS FILE. Contact the...
  5. File with lock icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Camera showing Lock icon on Windows laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Camera showing Lock icon on Windows laptop: [IMG]If your Camera is showing a Lock icon on your Windows laptop, then this post will help you fix this issue. There can be a few reasons for this problem. It might be possible that your antivirus program is blocking the camera, you have incorrectly configured the privacy...
  7. Why lock Screen showing Desktop Icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why lock Screen showing Desktop Icons?: Earlier today, I noticed that even though Windows was still locked, my lock screen background was displaying my desktop icons and background instead of the lock screen background. It only happened one time - now when I lock it, the lock screen background is displayed like...
  8. Why lock Screen showing Desktop Icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why lock Screen showing Desktop Icons?: Earlier today, I noticed that even though Windows was still locked, my lock screen background was displaying my desktop icons and background instead of the lock screen background. It only happened one time - now when I lock it, the lock screen background is displayed like...
  9. Why lock Screen showing Desktop Icons?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Lock Icons appear on my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lock Icons appear on my files: I am doing a lot of work in one folder. Yesterday, Lock icons appeared on each file, but they do not seem to be locked. I can open them with their applications, and do a save as to a different location. They save without the lock icon. I have scanned with Bit Defender and...