Windows 10: Location is not available on PC?

Discus and support Location is not available on PC? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Location is not availableC:\Users\Profile\Documents is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rafay Ullah Khan, Jun 12, 2024.

1. Location is not available on PC?

Location is not availableC:\Users\Profile\Documents is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or internet, and then try again. If the location still can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted.I have restarted my PC but still the issue comes up although my files have been saved but still there is an issue that word is not opening the file.

:)

Rafay Ullah Khan, Jun 12, 2024

2. my pc location is showing the wrong location

I have the same issue. it lists our location at our old house we left 3 months ago.

it's fine using our phones (which have internal GPS), but all our PC's are showing the wrong location.

we have 1 on windows 10 and 1 on windows 11, both are wrong.

they are wrong in edge and chrome.

they are wrong in the weather apps and anything which uses the location.

I have followed the common steps of setting the location, of refreshing dns, or ip, I've changed all entries to location I can find.

even on websites to try to find a local branch, it suggests them near our old house.

Have just spent an hour on the phone with our ISP (EE) who have nothing more to suggest!

Racing_Snake, Jun 12, 2024
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Jun 12, 2024
  4. Karen Her Win User

Location is not available on PC?

Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

Location is not available on PC?

1. Location is not available on PC? - Similar Threads - Location available

2. Location is not Available file explorer taskbar icons gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location is not Available file explorer taskbar icons gone: Hello i need help with my laptop i tried to fix my folder in OneDrive to point it to PC Desktop, after restarting it prompts "Location not available" in file explorer and all the icons in the taskbar is gone, and my another concern is the content on my navigation pane is only...
  3. Location is not Available file explorer taskbar icons gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location is not Available file explorer taskbar icons gone: Hello i need help with my laptop i tried to fix my folder in OneDrive to point it to PC Desktop, after restarting it prompts "Location not available" in file explorer and all the icons in the taskbar is gone, and my another concern is the content on my navigation pane is only...
  4. How to find my dell pen if it shows no location available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find my dell pen if it shows no location available: My pen is already lost i tried downloading the drivers but it did not work plz help quick this is quite important https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-my-dell-pen-if-it-shows-no-location/77d0a70b-a30c-4146-bde3-7b753fb67a1a
  5. How to find my dell pen if it shows no location available

How to find my dell pen if it shows no location available: My pen is already lost i tried downloading the drivers but it did not work plz help quick this is quite important https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-my-dell-pen-if-it-shows-no-location/77d0a70b-a30c-4146-bde3-7b753fb67a1a
  6. Blue question mark over D and E drive location not available

Blue question mark over D and E drive location not available: Hi, I recently booted up my pc, and my two 2TB hard drives are not showing up as unavailable in File Explorer. They also are not showing up in the disk manager and they are not faulty as I have plugged them into another computer and they are working fine on that one. I tried...
  7. Blue question mark over D and E drive location not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue question mark over D and E drive location not available: Hi, I recently booted up my pc, and my two 2TB hard drives are not showing up as unavailable in File Explorer. They also are not showing up in the disk manager and they are not faulty as I have plugged them into another computer and they are working fine on that one. I tried...
  8. External Drive location is not available and windows can't format.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Drive location is not available and windows can't format.: Hi! Please help me. I have the same issue but mine is an external drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-location-is-not-available-and/887b6859-f6d9-426f-bc16-1eeff7170db5
  9. External Drive location is not available and windows can't format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Drive location is not available and windows can't format.: Hi! Please help me. I have the same issue but mine is an external drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-location-is-not-available-and/887b6859-f6d9-426f-bc16-1eeff7170db5
  10. External Drive location is not available and windows can't format.