Windows 10: Linux folder in File Explorer

Discus and support Linux folder in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I got a Linux folder here. I don't know what it is or where it came from, I don't know what it's for. How do I get rid of it?When you click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alessandro Foglia, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Linux folder in File Explorer

Hello. I got a Linux folder here. I don't know what it is or where it came from, I don't know what it's for. How do I get rid of it?When you click on Properties, this error appears.

:)

Alessandro Foglia, Dec 9, 2022
  2. _Egoist Win User

Showing the "Linux" folder on the file explorer navigation panel for WSL2

One of the features that was released on the 2019 and May 2020 updates was having easy access to WSL system folders from the file explorer.

After having a fresh install, the "Linux" folder on the navigation panel is no longer available for me (even though it was listed on the features of the new update). Of course it's possible to create a shortcut to the location of the WSL folder, but having
    an organized Linux folder for the different subsystems pinned is more ideal.

Is there any possible way to enable that feature again? I have tried adding the registry key, but it seems like WSL2 have a different value.

_Egoist, Dec 9, 2022
  3. Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Dec 9, 2022
  4. Linux folder in File Explorer

I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 9, 2022
Thema:

Linux folder in File Explorer

1. Linux folder in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Linux folder File

2. Empty Linux folder in my File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty Linux folder in my File Explorer: Hello,I don't know when, but one day I spotted a Linux folder while opening my File Explorer. I'm currently on Windows 10 Pro. The folder is empty and its file location is somehow on my desktop. The problem is, I don't have anything to do with Linux and I haven't installed...
  3. Empty Linux folder in my File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty Linux folder in my File Explorer: Hello,I don't know when, but one day I spotted a Linux folder while opening my File Explorer. I'm currently on Windows 10 Pro. The folder is empty and its file location is somehow on my desktop. The problem is, I don't have anything to do with Linux and I haven't installed...
  4. Empty Linux folder in my File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Linux in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linux in File Explorer: For some reason, after the last Windows 11 Pro update, my File Explorer Pane on my desktop computer now shows a folder titled "Linux", which is an empty folder. I do not have Linux installed. I cannot seem to delete this folder. My laptop does not show this folder. Does...
  6. Linux in File Explorer

Linux in File Explorer: For some reason, after the last Windows 11 Pro update, my File Explorer Pane on my desktop computer now shows a folder titled "Linux", which is an empty folder. I do not have Linux installed. I cannot seem to delete this folder. My laptop does not show this folder. Does...
  7. Linux folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linux folder in File Explorer: Hello. I got a Linux folder here. I don't know what it is or where it came from, I don't know what it's for. How do I get rid of it?When you click on Properties, this error appears....
  8. Linux folder in File Explorer

Linux folder in File Explorer: Hello. I got a Linux folder here. I don't know what it is or where it came from, I don't know what it's for. How do I get rid of it?When you click on Properties, this error appears....
  9. why there is linux in my file explorer bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why there is linux in my file explorer bar: ayo i want to ask that why there is linux in my file explorer bar ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-there-is-linux-in-my-file-explorer-bar/c7aaca2b-7e7d-4cd2-bb80-6a4cde330433
  10. Showing the "Linux" folder on the file explorer navigation panel for WSL2

Showing the "Linux" folder on the file explorer navigation panel for WSL2: One of the features that was released on the 2019 and May 2020 updates was having easy access to WSL system folders from the file explorer. After having a fresh install, the "Linux" folder on the navigation panel is no longer available for me even though it was listed on...