Windows 10: Links 2003

Discus and support Links 2003 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I launch Links it starts to flicker.I suspect it has to do with the RTX 2060 video card I bought recently.Any remedy for this?thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OleVolsing, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Links 2003

When I launch Links it starts to flicker.I suspect it has to do with the RTX 2060 video card I bought recently.Any remedy for this?thanks

:)

OleVolsing, Sep 28, 2022

2. Can't install Links 2003

Hello Robert,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Link 2003 wont install in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you getting any error message regarding the issue?
    • Is this the first time you are trying to install the Link 2003?
    • What issue are you facing regarding the Firefox?
    • From where have you downloaded the applications in Windows?
    Please post us with more clarity information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 28, 2022
  3. fgc1993 Win User
    Microsoft 10 and Microsoft Links 2003

Many thanks for taking an interest by replying.
    Relevant error messages are that upon trying to run the programme a pop-up says 'Insert disk 2003#CD1 into your CD Rom drive.' I do so and get second message which says 'Links 2003 cannot verify your disk.'
    I guess you're right to point out that this is a fourteen year old programme and having already tried the 'compatibility suggestions you made without any success I must reluctantly accept it can go no further except a short trip to the scrap can!!
    With thanks,

fgc1993, Sep 28, 2022
  4. LouG Win User

Links 2003

Links 2003 install on Windows Version 20H2

I installed this old version of Links 2003 Golf but had a problem and can't remember how I solved it. Perhaps someone can refresh my memory (in case I ever have to install it again).

After installing Links 2003 it would not start and i got an error message telling me that I needed to enable something called (as I remember) Real Play. I did a search online and found directions that sent me to a list of Win10 items that each had a rectangular checkbox. I checked the box next to Real Play, restarted Win10 and was up and running. I (foolishly) did not bookmark or make a note of where I had been and now can't remember - was where I had been a list of "processes" or something else?

I'm sure a Win10 wizard here knows where I was and what I did to get Links 2003 running - can you refresh my memory? Internet searches are only returning stuff about Real Player ( not what I'm looking for).

TIA for any help.

Thema:

Links 2003

1. Links 2003 - Similar Threads - Links 2003

2. Links 2003

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links 2003: I have been playing Links 2003 for 25 years as thousands of others have, this new 24H2 update stops it working, it was bad enough getting it working on 23H2. Will there be a fix for this in the future there are many thousands of linksters playing this game. Why should people...
  3. Links 2003

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links 2003: I have been playing Links 2003 for 25 years as thousands of others have, this new 24H2 update stops it working, it was bad enough getting it working on 23H2. Will there be a fix for this in the future there are many thousands of linksters playing this game. Why should people...
  4. Links 2003 not running in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links 2003 not running in Windows 11: I installed Links 2003 on W11.Obviously I used Disk1 and Disk2 to install the programme.When I try to run the programme, I get a message that says: Please insert the Links 2003 CD#1 in your CD-ROM drive.It is in the drive but all I ever get is that message. Any ideas?Thanking...
  5. Links 2003 not running in Windows 11

Links 2003 not running in Windows 11: I installed Links 2003 on W11.Obviously I used Disk1 and Disk2 to install the programme.When I try to run the programme, I get a message that says: Please insert the Links 2003 CD#1 in your CD-ROM drive.It is in the drive but all I ever get is that message. Any ideas?Thanking...
  6. Looking for Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2002 and 2003 redistributable direct download link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2002 and 2003 redistributable direct download link: Hi, I am Looking for Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2002 and 2003 redistributable direct download link/ wayback machine.Can anyone share the link here please.Thank you...
  7. Looking for Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2002 and 2003 redistributable direct download link

Looking for Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2002 and 2003 redistributable direct download link: Hi, I am Looking for Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2002 and 2003 redistributable direct download link/ wayback machine.Can anyone share the link here please.Thank you...
  8. can't play on multiplayer in Links 2003 Golf game.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't play on multiplayer in Links 2003 Golf game.: can't play on multiplayer in Links 2003 Golf game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-on-multiplayer-in-links-2003-golf-game/6dafad15-2feb-4e60-853a-244fe364a4d4
  9. Links 2003 fails to start with Kernelbase.dll error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links 2003 fails to start with Kernelbase.dll error: After a crash Links 2003 no longer starts. The error log reports a kernelbase.dll error. Based on a previous post I am trying to copy a version of the file from another PC, as per the instructions below using Method 2. However, I am denied permission to copy that file into...
  10. Links 2003 fails to start with Kernelbase.dll error

Links 2003 fails to start with Kernelbase.dll error: After a crash Links 2003 no longer starts. The error log reports a kernelbase.dll error. Based on a previous post I am trying to copy a version of the file from another PC, as per the instructions below using Method 2. However, I am denied permission to copy that file into...