Windows 10: Limited to Resolution after Nvidia Graphics update

Discus and support Limited to Resolution after Nvidia Graphics update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just built a new computer with an rtx 3060. I installed the newest driver and it screwed up my resolution. I’m now limited to two options only for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Josh V., Mar 16, 2022.

1. Josh V. Win User

Limited to Resolution after Nvidia Graphics update

I just built a new computer with an rtx 3060. I installed the newest driver and it screwed up my resolution. I’m now limited to two options only for resolution and both are incorrect sizes. I’ve tried everything to fix it. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers normally. I’ve also tried to uninstall the drivers with a program without wifi, boot into safe mode so that windows update doesn’t take over and install drivers automatically, and install the drivers there. It worked fine in safe mode, but when I boot into Windows normally it changes back again. Is Windows stopping the graphics

:)

Josh V., Mar 16, 2022
  2. Suman_B Win User

Windows 10 version 1903 Nvidia Control Panel issues.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that nvidia Control Panel is not accepting desktop color settings correctly, In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some
    information.

1. What is the Make and the Model of the computer?
    2. May I know the Model of the nvidia Graphic card?

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method 1: Change the output dynamic range to full.

1. Open nvidia control panel.
    2. Click on Display.
    3. Select Change resolution.
    4. Output dynamic range
    5. Set this value to Full.

Method 2: Update nvidia Graphic driver.

Suggest you to update the nvidia Graphic driver from the

nvidia website
    and check if it fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Mar 16, 2022
  3. Basith M Win User
    FSX wont open with Windows 10 update, requires min display resolution

Hi Steve,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 family.

This issue might have caused due to Graphics card driver related issues. I would like to know the make and model of the computer so that we could assist you further.

I suggest you to try installing the latest Graphics card drivers from the computer manufacturer's website or from Windows Update and check if it helps. This is to check if this is caused due to driver related issue.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows + X
      keys and click on Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapters’.

• Right-click on the Graphics card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Once after installing the latest Graphics card drivers try changing the screen resolution to the highest and check.

Follow the steps to adjust the screen resolution:

• Right click on the desktop and click on Screen Resolution.

• Adjust the resolution to the highest.

Please feel free to visit our website for any help with Windows Operating System.

Basith M, Mar 16, 2022
  4. Limited to Resolution after Nvidia Graphics update

Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 16, 2022
Thema:

Limited to Resolution after Nvidia Graphics update

1. Limited to Resolution after Nvidia Graphics update - Similar Threads - Limited Resolution Nvidia

2. Resolution messed up after new Nvidia geforce graphics update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution messed up after new Nvidia geforce graphics update: Hello so I have a problem. When I try to install drivers newer than 517.48 my resolution messes up and I have only two options. I tried using DDU didn't work, changing display port also and I don't know what to do next. Maybe someone can help. Also I was using windows 10...
  3. Resolution messed up after new Nvidia geforce graphics update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution messed up after new Nvidia geforce graphics update: If you are having an issue to where you change your resolution and the screen is shrunk. Just go to your nvidia control panel and click on adjust size and position and then select full screen. It should solve your problem....
  4. Resolution messed up after new Nvidia geforce graphics update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resolution messed up after new Nvidia geforce graphics update: If you are having an issue to where you change your resolution and the screen is shrunk. Just go to your nvidia control panel and click on adjust size and position and then select full screen. It should solve your problem....
  5. Resolution messed up after new Nvidia geforce graphics update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Limited to Resolution after Nvidia Graphics update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Limited to Resolution after Nvidia Graphics update: I just built a new computer with an rtx 3060. I installed the newest driver and it screwed up my resolution. I’m now limited to two options only for resolution and both are incorrect sizes. I’ve tried everything to fix it. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers...
  7. Limited to Resolution after Nvidia Graphics update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limited to Resolution after Nvidia Graphics update: I just built a new computer with an rtx 3060. I installed the newest driver and it screwed up my resolution. I’m now limited to two options only for resolution and both are incorrect sizes. I’ve tried everything to fix it. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers...
  8. Resolution messed up after new Nvidia geforce graphics update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resolution messed up after new Nvidia geforce graphics update: So I just built a new pc, and updated the nvidia graphics driver. After doing so, my resolution zoomed in and stretched. I’m now limited to two resolution options, both of which aren’t the correct size. It works fine if I roll back the driver, but then the performance isn’t...
  9. Resolution messed up after new Nvidia geforce graphics update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution messed up after new Nvidia geforce graphics update: So I just built a new pc, and updated the nvidia graphics driver. After doing so, my resolution zoomed in and stretched. I’m now limited to two resolution options, both of which aren’t the correct size. It works fine if I roll back the driver, but then the performance isn’t...
  10. Resolution messed up after new Nvidia geforce graphics update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps