Windows 10: LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B webcam with Dell Precision 3580 not working

Discus and support LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B webcam with Dell Precision 3580 not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B monitor attached via Thunderbolt to a Dell Precision 3580 laptop. The monitor itself is working as expected,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Keith Wedinger, Apr 30, 2024.

1. LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B webcam with Dell Precision 3580 not working

I have a LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B monitor attached via Thunderbolt to a Dell Precision 3580 laptop. The monitor itself is working as expected, displaying things at a full 5K resolution. The webcam is not. Device Manager does not show the camera and apps that use a camera like Teams do not list the LG webcam as an option. The camera does work because when this monitor is attached to my MacBook Pro, I am able to use it with any app that uses a camera. How do I get this monitor’s camera working with my Dell laptop and Windows 10?

:)

Keith Wedinger, Apr 30, 2024
  2. nhs84 Win User

Using LG Ultrafine 5k with Windows 10

Hi

My partner and I both have a Dell Latitude 7490 from our different employers.
    Either of us have admin rights, but given my partner works for a bank, I'm sure his is 'locked' down more.

We want to use the LG Ultrafine 5k screen we have at home when working from home.

When I plugged the screen into my USB-C port for the first time, there was a pop up that seems to install very quickly a generic device driver. And the screen works perfectly.
    When my partner does it, nothing.

I've suggested getting IT to remote into his computer, log in with admin rights and then connect the screen to allow the driver. But they don't want to do that for security purposes as they don't know what is being installed.

There is no actually LG driver for W10 on LG's website as it was created as a Mac screen. But like I said, it works on mine.

Does anyone have any suggests or links to a driver that they could review and install?

Thanks LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B webcam with Dell Precision 3580 not working :)

nhs84, Apr 30, 2024
  3. Connecting LG Ultrafine 5K Monitor to Windows 10 Dell Laptop via Thunderbolt 3

I have the same problem with Dell Latitude 5520 laptop and LG 5K (27MD5KL-B).

Tested both Windows 10 and 11 with all latest drivers, bios, and updates. 4 different cables: Thunderbolt 3, 4 and USB-C tried. Issue repeated at any resolution.

With MBP, there are no problems, of course. Even with elder Dell laptops, it did work fine in 4k mode.

Dell's customer support rushed to state that the monitor is not compatible with the laptop and suggested buying a monitor of their brand.

Tons of time lost for nothing.

Sasha S 123, Apr 30, 2024
  4. jnfoot Win User

LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B webcam with Dell Precision 3580 not working

LG UltraFine 5K - Windows 10

Is there a way to use the LG UltraFine 5K monitor with a windows pc which does not have a thunderbolt 3 port. I know the monitor is only thunderbolt 3 input, but I have a friend who is thinking of getting one but we are unsure how to get it all working. Is there an adaptor for HDMI to Thunderbolt 3? I would assume most Thunderbolt 3 to HDMI are not bi-directional. Anyone already accomplish this, and if so, what kinds of cables and/or adaptors did you use?

jnfoot, Apr 30, 2024
Thema:

LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B webcam with Dell Precision 3580 not working

1. LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B webcam with Dell Precision 3580 not working - Similar Threads - UltraFine 27MD5KL webcam

2. LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B webcam with Dell Precision 3580 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B webcam with Dell Precision 3580 not working: I have a LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B monitor attached via Thunderbolt to a Dell Precision 3580 laptop. The monitor itself is working as expected, displaying things at a full 5K resolution. The webcam is not. Device Manager does not show the camera and apps that use a camera...
  3. LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B webcam with Dell Precision 3580 not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B webcam with Dell Precision 3580 not working: I have a LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B monitor attached via Thunderbolt to a Dell Precision 3580 laptop. The monitor itself is working as expected, displaying things at a full 5K resolution. The webcam is not. Device Manager does not show the camera and apps that use a camera...
  4. Connecting LG Ultrafine 5K Monitor to Windows 10 Dell Laptop via Thunderbolt 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting LG Ultrafine 5K Monitor to Windows 10 Dell Laptop via Thunderbolt 3: I am trying to connect my Dell laptop to the LG Ultrafine 5K monitor via Thunderbolt 3 cable. The connection at first is seemingly fine and both powers the laptop and projects the PC to the monitor, but does not stay that way. After a few minutes the screen flickers and I...
  5. Connecting LG Ultrafine 5K Monitor to Windows 10 Dell Laptop via Thunderbolt 3

Connecting LG Ultrafine 5K Monitor to Windows 10 Dell Laptop via Thunderbolt 3: I am trying to connect my Dell laptop to the LG Ultrafine 5K monitor via Thunderbolt 3 cable. The connection at first is seemingly fine and both powers the laptop and projects the PC to the monitor, but does not stay that way. After a few minutes the screen flickers and I...
  6. Connecting LG Ultrafine 5K Monitor to Windows 10 Dell Laptop via Thunderbolt 3

7. Need driver for LG 5K Monitor

Need driver for LG 5K Monitor: I'm using an LG 5K monitor in a fresh install of Windows 11 on an Intel Beast Canyon with an i9. I've seen it in 5K mode but can't get it to show 5K on this install even though all the drivers seem up to date and I'm using a Thunderbolt 4 connector. I've tried using the...
  8. MacBook Pro running Windows 10 boot camp with Thunderbolt 3 and LG Ultrafine 5k display not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MacBook Pro running Windows 10 boot camp with Thunderbolt 3 and LG Ultrafine 5k display not...: I have a 2017 Macbook Pro with Thunderbolt 3 running Windows 10 Professional most up to date version in Boot Camp environment ("bare metal" not a VM) I have an LG Ultrafine 5k display connected with a Thunderbolt 3 cable. I can not get the display to work correctly in...
  9. Using LG Ultrafine 5k with Windows 10

Using LG Ultrafine 5k with Windows 10: Hi My partner and I both have a Dell Latitude 7490 from our different employers. Either of us have admin rights, but given my partner works for a bank, I'm sure his is 'locked' down more. We want to use the LG Ultrafine 5k screen we have at home when working from home....
  10. LG UltraFine 5K - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    LG UltraFine 5K - Windows 10: Is there a way to use the LG UltraFine 5K monitor with a windows pc which does not have a thunderbolt 3 port. I know the monitor is only thunderbolt 3 input, but I have a friend who is thinking of getting one but we are unsure how to get it all working. Is there an adaptor...