Windows 10: Lenovo p24q-10 causing issues with wireless keyboard/mouse combo

Discus and support Lenovo p24q-10 causing issues with wireless keyboard/mouse combo in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Looking for advice how to get support as Lenovo's support teams have been horrible trying to get to the bottom of this. I recently just purchased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anthony1977, May 18, 2020.

1. Lenovo p24q-10 causing issues with wireless keyboard/mouse combo

Looking for advice how to get support as Lenovo's support teams have been horrible trying to get to the bottom of this.

I recently just purchased two of the P24q-10 monitors to replace my Dell monitors. Ever since doing so, my Microsoft Comfort Desktop 5050 is having major probs communicating with its wireless receiver. My keyboard and mouse are less than 2 feet and the device has a 30 foot range. The signal is just simply blocked or not being received, or their is driver conflict. I can sit here and type, 1 out 5-7 keystrokes are recognized, and the mouse lag is insane. I can barely get the cursor over the a button and push it without trying 10 times. Trying to send an email is a ridiculously hard task between typing and hitting send.

I am in IT and have pinned this down to either interference being caused by the monitors, or a driver issue. Here is everything I have tried which is quite extensive to prove the cause of the issue.

Setup

2 different Microsoft Surface Pro 7's 100% up to date with firmware and win10 updates

Surface Dock https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/surface-dock/8qrh2npz0s0p?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Surface dock drivers and firmware 100% up to date

Dell Desktop Win 10 100% up to date Windows and Firmware

2 P24q-10 monitors display ports connected to the surface dock, HDMI ports connected to the Dell Desktop, no KVM

1 Microsoft Comfort Desktop 5050 connected to the Surface Dock

1 different Microsoft Comfort Desktop 5050 connected to the Dell Desktop

both keyboards/mice have a dedicated receiver that is serialized to the device. Cannot be changed

The problem exists on the desktop and both surfaces. I have:

-swapped the docking station and the problem occurs on both devices

-tried a 3rd 5050 comfort desktop on both the desktop and surface and have the same issue proving its not the keyboard/mouse

-installed the lenovo monitor drivers for the monitors on both the laptop and surface to see if that helped or there was an issue with the generic driver

-unistalled the ms keyboard and mouse software on both devices, no help

-deleted the mouse and keyboard drivers, rebooted, and let Windows reinstall the base driver, no help

-unistalled the monitor drivers, lenovo & generic windows drivers, rebooted, no help

-swapped out the new monitors back to my old monitors, success! Everything is back to normal.

This tells me 100% that the issue is with the monitor drivers, or the way they are being installed. I cant imagine that a monitor could cause interference with the radio receiver and needs to be swapped out.

Lenovo is telling me they cannot support this which seems stupid. You would think they would want to know the issue with their devices and help fix them. One could make the argument that you need to reimage the Surface back to a basic setup, but when a PC and 2 different Surfaces have the same prob, that seems illogical to me.

Any help help to fix the issue would be much appreciated.

:)

Anthony1977, May 18, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Budget wireless keyboard and mouse for gaming? (INR)

Some logitech set, they have many KB/Mouse combos, always worked well for me.
    I'm currently using a Logitech nano laser mouse with a 5GHz wireless Rapoo (flat keys) keyboard.

P4-630, May 23, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Microsoft Wireless mouse and keyboard lag in Windows 10

Hi Bob,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have clarity on this issue and guide you accordingly, kindly help us with the following information.

• What is the exact model number of your wireless mouse and keyboard?

This usually happens if there’s a signal interference. If you’re using a Wi-Fi router, you may want to move it away from the keyboard/mouse receiver to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the troubleshooting methods listed in the following articles and see if it works.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 23, 2020
  4. Lenovo p24q-10 causing issues with wireless keyboard/mouse combo

Can I just replace the mouse on the microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse 5000 combo

Hi, I'm on my 2nd microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse 5000 combo. Both times, the mouse has worn out while the keyboard is fine. I absolutely love them, but I only need to replace the mouse. Can I do this?

NeilHughes1, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Lenovo p24q-10 causing issues with wireless keyboard/mouse combo

1. Lenovo p24q-10 causing issues with wireless keyboard/mouse combo - Similar Threads - Lenovo p24q causing

2. wisfox keyboard and mouse combo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wisfox keyboard and mouse combo: Is there anyone else out there had a problem with the keyboard above. Every time I try to it the drivers for the Micro plug will not download, which means both the keyboard and mouse are just a good door stop. All my USB connections are working fine I have all my printers in...
  3. wisfox keyboard and mouse combo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wisfox keyboard and mouse combo: Is there anyone else out there had a problem with the keyboard above. Every time I try to it the drivers for the Micro plug will not download, which means both the keyboard and mouse are just a good door stop. All my USB connections are working fine I have all my printers in...
  4. wisfox keyboard and mouse combo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb: hi- middle wheel on mouse not working properly. mouse clicks/moves pointer fine. just wheel. no chipped rubber,replaced batteries in mouse,have latest driver installed. ive removed/reinstalled mouse/keyboard.same. i scroll wheel,sometimes doesnt move ,then...
  6. microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb

microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb: hi- middle wheel on mouse not working properly. mouse clicks/moves pointer fine. just wheel. no chipped rubber,replaced batteries in mouse,have latest driver installed. ive removed/reinstalled mouse/keyboard.same. i scroll wheel,sometimes doesnt move ,then...
  7. Wireless mouse and keyboard issues

Wireless mouse and keyboard issues: Similar to this issue - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/wireless-keyboard-and-mouse-persistant-problems/ecb174dc-2b5d-40b9-9238-0d51bbe39af0First my mouse just stopped working, now noticing issues with the keyboard missing letters when...
  8. Windows 10 and Microsoft wireless keyboard & mouse combo 700 V2

Windows 10 and Microsoft wireless keyboard & mouse combo 700 V2: After WIN10 update keyboard and mouse wouldn't work. Function light on USB receiver stopped lighting as well! After useless windows update attempts to update driver and reports of missing info, i found this on the 2014 community comments page and it worked a treat. Well done...
  9. wireless sculpt keyboard combo connection issue

wireless sculpt keyboard combo connection issue: when my wife has this keyboard connected to her laptop it disconnects and reconnects several times then works fine for 5-10 minutes then does it again. Her computer is fully updated and all drivers are updated. The keyboard did seem to work fine up until two Microsoft...
  10. Microsoft wireless keyboard mouse combo 5000 - need transceiver

Microsoft wireless keyboard mouse combo 5000 - need transceiver: Hello all: I have a wireless keyboard-mouse combo 5000 that has given me may years of trouble free service. I've used them sparingly over the years hence their longevity and I’ve kept them in storage for some time, but now I have come to the necessity of using them again....