Windows 10: legion 7 pro audio distortion on windows 10 but not on 11

Discus and support legion 7 pro audio distortion on windows 10 but not on 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So i got a brand new legion 7 pro, that came with an audio problem.problem: audio got distroted after 10 to 15 minutes of use. this problem happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mohamed Salem2, Sep 5, 2024.

1. legion 7 pro audio distortion on windows 10 but not on 11

So i got a brand new legion 7 pro, that came with an audio problem.problem: audio got distroted after 10 to 15 minutes of use. this problem happens while doing anything gaming, watching youtube, discord, movies.... The problem when it happens affects all the programs audios. But, it goes away if i either skip ahead in the video or at extreme cases i need to restart the program that is causing the problem.Tried solutions:- 2 RMAs no luck- Clean install of windows 10 no luck- BIOS update no luck- Clean install of latest realtek drivers no luck- Other drivers than the OEM driver no so

:)

Mohamed Salem2, Sep 5, 2024
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Sep 5, 2024
  3. dstewart3 Win User
    windows 11 audio drivers distorting

Hi, when I bought this laptop it had windows 10.5 installed and the audio is by Bang And Olufsen and it sounded great. Once I updated it to windows 11 I have to have the volume really quiet as it distorts really badly. Is there a way that I can use the windows 10 drivers as the windows 11 audio drivers are completely rubbish.

dstewart3, Sep 5, 2024
  4. legion 7 pro audio distortion on windows 10 but not on 11

Audio Distortion

Hello. I am running on Windows 10 Pro build 14222. Whenever I play audio/video online there is a very annoying audio distortion. I tried reinstalling audio drivers and I reinstalled windows 10 and all the drivers. Even after that audio distortion has not
    been solved. I have got a replacement of speakers and IO board and still the problem persists. There are absolutely no sound enhancement and the sound is set to CD quality. Audio troubleshooting and using Microsoft HD audio driver instead of Realtek didn't
    help. And I am running the latest updated drivers prescribed by dell. Kindly help me out with a solution.

PS: I am running on Windows 10 Pro.

System Specs are : Intel i5(7th gen), 8GB DDR4 RAM, Realtek audio.

While Running DPC Latency Checker and LatencyMon I am getting huge red bars. (High Latency Issue)

prashanthwagle, Sep 5, 2024
Thema:

legion 7 pro audio distortion on windows 10 but not on 11

1. legion 7 pro audio distortion on windows 10 but not on 11 - Similar Threads - legion pro audio

2. legion 7 pro audio distortion on windows 10 but not on 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    legion 7 pro audio distortion on windows 10 but not on 11: So i got a brand new legion 7 pro, that came with an audio problem.problem: audio got distroted after 10 to 15 minutes of use. this problem happens while doing anything gaming, watching youtube, discord, movies.... The problem when it happens affects all the programs audios....
  3. legion 7 pro audio distortion on windows 10 but not on 11

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    legion 7 pro audio distortion on windows 10 but not on 11: So i got a brand new legion 7 pro, that came with an audio problem.problem: audio got distroted after 10 to 15 minutes of use. this problem happens while doing anything gaming, watching youtube, discord, movies.... The problem when it happens affects all the programs audios....
  4. Audio distortion in windows 11 game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio distortion in windows 11 game: I purchased Elite Dangerous to play on my Lenovo Legion Go. The game runs great however, about 15 seconds into loading the game my audio is distorted and sounds far away, like I am in a fish bowl. I am using Bluetooth Skullcandy PLYR headphones, no other game or app has this...
  5. windows 11 audio drivers distorting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 audio drivers distorting: Hi, when I bought this laptop it had windows 10.5 installed and the audio is by Bang And Olufsen and it sounded great. Once I updated it to windows 11 I have to have the volume really quiet as it distorts really badly. Is there a way that I can use the windows 10 drivers as...
  6. windows 11 audio drivers distorting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 audio drivers distorting: Hi, when I bought this laptop it had windows 10.5 installed and the audio is by Bang And Olufsen and it sounded great. Once I updated it to windows 11 I have to have the volume really quiet as it distorts really badly. Is there a way that I can use the windows 10 drivers as...
  7. Streaming Audio distortion on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming Audio distortion on windows 11: I have a new HP pavilion desktop with windows 11.I use an RME Hammerfall AIO PCIe soundcard.When streaming audio youtube or other video service or spotify the sound is fine, but after 5-15 minutes heavy distortion starts. It continues indefintely until I restart computer. It...
  8. Streaming Audio distortion on windows 11

Streaming Audio distortion on windows 11: I have a new HP pavilion desktop with windows 11.I use an RME Hammerfall AIO PCIe soundcard.When streaming audio youtube or other video service or spotify the sound is fine, but after 5-15 minutes heavy distortion starts. It continues indefintely until I restart computer. It...
  9. Very distorted audio - Windows 10/11

Very distorted audio - Windows 10/11: Hello,Been having audio issues for the longest time, since Windows 10. I have two headsets that are Bluetooth, and a computer mouse with a receiver, that's plugged in almost all of the time when I'm using my laptop HP Pavilion 15-cs0xxx.The distorted audio starts minutes from...
  10. Very distorted audio - Windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very distorted audio - Windows 10/11: Hello,Been having audio issues for the longest time, since Windows 10. I have two headsets that are Bluetooth, and a computer mouse with a receiver, that's plugged in almost all of the time when I'm using my laptop HP Pavilion 15-cs0xxx.The distorted audio starts minutes from...