Windows 10: Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard

Discus and support Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10. Left ALT and left Windows keys are swapped and I can't figure out how to swap them back. I do not have the Fn key on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CasiaSchreyer, Jul 30, 2023.

1. Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard

I'm running Windows 10. Left ALT and left Windows keys are swapped and I can't figure out how to swap them back. I do not have the Fn key on my keyboard. I have a Microsoft brand keyboard. Wired Keyboard 600. I have tried unplugging the keyboard and holding both Backspace+space and space+N but neither have worked.

:)

CasiaSchreyer, Jul 30, 2023

2. FN key always on

To clarify, I was saying "Accessibility" features maybe be controlled via the BIOS, not the Fn keys. And one of the Accessibility features makes the keys "sticky". This allows folks with some disabilities to press, for example, the Ctrl key, then the Alt key, and then Del in sequence instead of all at once. Same with the Fn key. The sticky feature would let you first press the Fn key, and then the F9 key (for example) and not Fn + F9 at the same time to enable/disable whatever Fn + F9 does with that notebook (it is the touchpad on my Toshiba).

Bill_Bright, Jul 30, 2023
  3. Thenin Win User
    How to swap "fn" key with left "ctrl" key on generic desktop

I found that section in Half Teach mode, and I could press the "fn" key. However, when I selected anything at all in the drop-down list, I got the error box above:
    Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard 390696d1683847726t-how-swap-fn-key-left-ctrl-key-generic-desktop-keytweak-error.jpg

Any suggestions, please?

Thenin, Jul 30, 2023
  4. dalchina Win User

Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard

How to swap "fn" key with left "ctrl" key on generic desktop

Hi, if there's no scancode produced by the Fn key it can't be remapped.

Implementation appears to vary by manufacturer and keyboard.

Use this small free program to see if a scancode is produced when you press the Fn key:
    Key-ScanCode | View scan and virtual key codes

Here's what I get for Fn and the LCtrl:

Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard 390712d1683875411t-how-swap-fn-key-left-ctrl-key-generic-desktop-1.jpg

Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard 390713d1683875429t-how-swap-fn-key-left-ctrl-key-generic-desktop-2.jpg

In passing I came across this- Fn is referred to at the bottom:
    Keyboard scancodes: Keyboard scancodes

and
    Where can I find Windows keyboard scancode registry information? - Super User

dalchina, Jul 30, 2023
Thema:

Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard

1. Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard - Similar Threads - Left ALT key

2. Left Alt and Windows keys are swapped on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Alt and Windows keys are swapped on my PC: Today randomly my windows and alt key got switched and I've done everything and nothing is working pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-alt-and-windows-keys-are-swapped-on-my-pc/7bbcd7b9-7689-4f37-a7d9-34a85fcce931
  3. Left Alt and Windows keys are swapped on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left Alt and Windows keys are swapped on my PC: Today randomly my windows and alt key got switched and I've done everything and nothing is working pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-alt-and-windows-keys-are-swapped-on-my-pc/7bbcd7b9-7689-4f37-a7d9-34a85fcce931
  4. I realized my Windows key is now swapped with Alt. But also my FN key is swapped to Ctrl....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I realized my Windows key is now swapped with Alt. But also my FN key is swapped to Ctrl....: Im wondering if this is some type of hot key? I have a 60% keyboard so I don't have the f1-f12. I used to be able to use them but now with my buttons swapped its doing different actions where I try to use them Please if you know anything I can try let me know....
  5. Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard: I'm running Windows 10. Left ALT and left Windows keys are swapped and I can't figure out how to swap them back. I do not have the Fn key on my keyboard. I have a Microsoft brand keyboard. Wired Keyboard 600. I have tried unplugging the keyboard and holding both...
  6. Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard

Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard: I'm running Windows 10. Left ALT and left Windows keys are swapped and I can't figure out how to swap them back. I do not have the Fn key on my keyboard. I have a Microsoft brand keyboard. Wired Keyboard 600. I have tried unplugging the keyboard and holding both...
  7. Left Alt and Windows keys are swapped on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Alt and Windows keys are swapped on my laptop: The left alt key and the Windows key are swapped. I do not know how to fix it. any help would be great https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-alt-and-windows-keys-are-swapped-on-my-laptop/3c185a75-b1ed-483f-abf8-4b40e41313dd
  8. Left Alt and Windows keys are swapped on my laptop

Left Alt and Windows keys are swapped on my laptop: The left alt key and the Windows key are swapped. I do not know how to fix it. any help would be great https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-alt-and-windows-keys-are-swapped-on-my-laptop/3c185a75-b1ed-483f-abf8-4b40e41313dd
  9. Left Alt and Windows keys are swapped on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Left Alt and Windows keys are swapped on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left Alt and Windows keys are swapped on my laptop: So the title is basically my problem. The left alt key and the windows key are swapped. I have no idea how this came to be and I really do not know how to fix this. Any help would be great.Edit: I tried using the on-screen keyboard and the functions are still the same. They...