Windows 10: Latest Windows security updates are corrupting my operating system

Discus and support Latest Windows security updates are corrupting my operating system in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I've tried this twice now, in the last week there was an update that is causing my operating system to become corrupted and I am forced to auto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chris Ritzenthaler, Jun 2, 2024.

1. Latest Windows security updates are corrupting my operating system

So I've tried this twice now, in the last week there was an update that is causing my operating system to become corrupted and I am forced to auto restore to a point before the update in order to boot.I'm not sure which one of these it was:2024-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB50378492024-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5037768But I've tried twice and I'm not really willing to go through it again, unless this issue is resolved I will have to simply deny all future security updates, which I find unaccep

:)

Chris Ritzenthaler, Jun 2, 2024

2. Windows 7 Ultimate (64) Security updates not installing.

I have been having problems in installing the updates that I have listed below. For each update I attempted to install them individually but they would not install. I also downloaded the SURT 6.1 KB947821 v27. The problem has been going on now for about 2 months. (whenever the issue with the updates comes to mind I am never near my pc). Thank you in advance.

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2838727)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2757638)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2785220)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2790113)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813170)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813430)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2839894)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2726535)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2773072)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2786400)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2798162)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2808679)

autigerfan, Jun 2, 2024
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jun 2, 2024
  4. user33331 Win User

Latest Windows security updates are corrupting my operating system

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 2, 2024
Thema:

Latest Windows security updates are corrupting my operating system

1. Latest Windows security updates are corrupting my operating system - Similar Threads - Latest security updates

2. Latest Windows security updates are corrupting my operating system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Windows security updates are corrupting my operating system: So I've tried this twice now, in the last week there was an update that is causing my operating system to become corrupted and I am forced to auto restore to a point before the update in order to boot.I'm not sure which one of these it was:2024-05 Cumulative Update Preview...
  3. Latest Windows security updates are corrupting my operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows security updates are corrupting my operating system: So I've tried this twice now, in the last week there was an update that is causing my operating system to become corrupted and I am forced to auto restore to a point before the update in order to boot.I'm not sure which one of these it was:2024-05 Cumulative Update Preview...
  4. Latest Microsoft Software Update Has Crashed My Operating System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Microsoft Software Update Has Crashed My Operating System: Hello,It appears that the latest Microsoft software update has completely crashed my operating system. I let the update run overnight and woke up to a blue screen. The computer has tried to reboot, I think, and is prompting me to insert the Windows installation disk. I bought...
  5. Latest Microsoft Software Update Has Crashed My Operating System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Microsoft Software Update Has Crashed My Operating System: Hello,It appears that the latest Microsoft software update has completely crashed my operating system. I let the update run overnight and woke up to a blue screen. The computer has tried to reboot, I think, and is prompting me to insert the Windows installation disk. I bought...
  6. Reinstalling Corrupted Operating System.

Reinstalling Corrupted Operating System.: Hi, I am using Dell Inspirion 3505 Laptop. It was pre installed with Windows 10 Home. I enrolled into Windows Insider Program to get The Early Build of Windows 11 .I was using it on a daily basis. Suddenly the OS got corrupted and I could not recover anything.Luckily I have...
  7. Corrupt Operating System. Windows 10

Corrupt Operating System. Windows 10: How can I download Windows from one windows 10 Lenovo to use to recover another Lenovo windows 10 that has become corrupt. Got a clean 32gb Thumb drive. I spoke to Microsoft yesterday and they gave me a link but it won't download to thr thumb, instead it wants to reinstall on...
  8. BIOS corrupted by update - "An operating system wasn't found"

BIOS corrupted by update - "An operating system wasn't found": My Dell Latitude E6540 was interrupted in the last Windows 10 update. Restarting resulted in freezing on Windows Loading Screen. I restored it to an earlier point and it worked until it updated again where it froze on the Windows Loading Screen. I got this refurbished laptop...
  9. Windows 10 Update Process Corrupting Operating System

Windows 10 Update Process Corrupting Operating System: Two of my three computers: Dell XPS 8500 and my wife's ACR laptop have both had their Windows 10 operating system corrupted during the update process. The 8500 lost about 2000 dollars worth of software that was not recoverable. I am sure it must be something I am doing during...
  10. Windows update corrupted my operating system

Windows update corrupted my operating system: My laptop keeps freezing and disconnecting from the internet. After 3 hours with Dell support they diagnosed that windows update had corrupted my operating system. I tried a factory reset but it didn't help. I can't use the media creation tool since I get disconnected from...