Windows 10: Latency problems

Discus and support Latency problems in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey everybodyI currently have a lot of problems with latency, it normally happens when I play games. The specific problem is that I loose sound for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tomas Christensen, Mar 9, 2024.

1. Latency problems

Hey everybodyI currently have a lot of problems with latency, it normally happens when I play games. The specific problem is that I loose sound for a short period before it returns, while that is happening my computers starts to stutter and lag, after that when I use my microphone I have a delay of 10 seconds before people can hear me. I have used LatencyMon to see what the problem is, and it keeps saying that dxgkrnl.sys, nvcontainer.exe and Wdf01000.sys is the problem.I'm using my Desktop which I built myself and it's around 4 years old. It's only in the last year the problem has happened. I

:)

Tomas Christensen, Mar 9, 2024
  2. fireberd Win User

Windows 10 High Latency and other problems

I have a recording studio. When doing any recording work, the first thing I do is disable the Internet. I've had audio drop outs with it enabled. I've also saw Latency Mon report problems with Internet enabled. As previously noted. by Dalchina, there is no "one fix" for audio/latency problems, each case has to be individually addressed.

Back to Latency. My startup, on my recording studio desktop Win 10, only has very minimum in startup, and one area to address. I only use the built in Windows Defender for antivirus, no 3rd party antivirus as some of those have been known to cause audio problems. Also, for testing, disable internet and run latency mon and see what comes up.

I don't find AMD Radeon video to be an issue. AMD is the only video I will use as I've had latency problems with EVERY NVIDIA video.

For information and comparison, here is my Driver list from Latency Mon. My listed MOTU recording interface unit is USB-C connected to a Thunderbolt III port on my motherboard.

Latency problems 333727d1621517044t-windows-10-high-latency-other-problems-latency-mon-drivers.jpg

fireberd, Mar 9, 2024
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 9, 2024
  4. Latency problems

DPC latency audio problem

If the issue continues in Safe mode, that suggests an there might be an issue with basic drivers.
    I was wondering about your chipset drivers version. It appears there was an update on 01/20/2020, could you verify your chipset drivers version?

PRIME X470-PRO Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS Canada

Open device manager, expand System devices.

Latency problems 277108d1588360398t-dpc-latency-audio-problem-0501-expand-system-devices.jpg

Locate Chipset controller, right-click, and select properties.

Latency problems 277109d1588360496t-dpc-latency-audio-problem-0501-chipset-controller-properties.jpg

Select Driver tab.

Latency problems 277110d1588360562t-dpc-latency-audio-problem-0501-chipset-controller-driver-vers.jpg

W10 Tweaker, Mar 9, 2024
Thema:

Latency problems

1. Latency problems - Similar Threads - Latency problems

2. High Latency, sound corruption and pops after watching audio - video. Problem still not solved.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Latency, sound corruption and pops after watching audio - video. Problem still not solved.: This problem is from day one with my computer. I haven't been able to fix it although I have tryed many solution the last three years. Everything is up to date, video drivers, motherboard drivers, latest firmware, all windows updates, everything looks ok, and has been updated...
  3. High Latency, sound corruption and pops after watching audio - video. Problem still not solved.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Latency, sound corruption and pops after watching audio - video. Problem still not solved.: This problem is from day one with my computer. I haven't been able to fix it although I have tryed many solution the last three years. Everything is up to date, video drivers, motherboard drivers, latest firmware, all windows updates, everything looks ok, and has been updated...
  4. LATENCY PROBLEMS-REAL TIME AUDIO HANDLING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LATENCY PROBLEMS-REAL TIME AUDIO HANDLING: I just bought a new MSI KATANA 17,3 laptop, 64 bit system, x64 based i7 13620H cpu 2.4 ghz, 16 gb ram, 1 tb hd running win 11.NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4060 8GB. Despite being powerful enough It can't process real time audio. I have tried every optimization possible. I use VIRTUAL...
  5. LATENCY PROBLEMS-REAL TIME AUDIO HANDLING

LATENCY PROBLEMS-REAL TIME AUDIO HANDLING: I just bought a new MSI KATANA 17,3 laptop, 64 bit system, x64 based i7 13620H cpu 2.4 ghz, 16 gb ram, 1 tb hd running win 11.NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4060 8GB. Despite being powerful enough It can't process real time audio. I have tried every optimization possible. I use VIRTUAL...
  6. Latency problems

Latency problems: Hey everybodyI currently have a lot of problems with latency, it normally happens when I play games. The specific problem is that I loose sound for a short period before it returns, while that is happening my computers starts to stutter and lag, after that when I use my...
  7. Windows 11 FPS and Latency Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 FPS and Latency Problem: Hi,My Asus laptop has Nvidia RTX 3050 GPU and i7 11370H processers with 16 gb Ram and previously I was able to play any game that I want with good FPS rates. After I downloaded windows 11, my FPS is around 30 overwatch, counter strike2 and a have a huge lag on games all the...
  8. Windows 11 FPS and Latency Problem

Windows 11 FPS and Latency Problem: Hi,My Asus laptop has Nvidia RTX 3050 GPU and i7 11370H processers with 16 gb Ram and previously I was able to play any game that I want with good FPS rates. After I downloaded windows 11, my FPS is around 30 overwatch, counter strike2 and a have a huge lag on games all the...
  9. Always a series of problems signing in and with internet while have excellent latency,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always a series of problems signing in and with internet while have excellent latency,...: First, I try to sign in to my Microsoft account. I haven't signed in in weeks. I ALWAYS get a message saying I'm locked out because I've tried to sign in too many times - which I haven't. That's always a pain in the ***. I have to recover my account and set a new password...
  10. Always a series of problems signing in and with internet while have excellent latency,...

Always a series of problems signing in and with internet while have excellent latency,...: First, I try to sign in to my Microsoft account. I haven't signed in in weeks. I ALWAYS get a message saying I'm locked out because I've tried to sign in too many times - which I haven't. That's always a pain in the ***. I have to recover my account and set a new password...