Windows 10: Laptop's touchpad and keyboard freezes after being idle for around 1 minutes.

Discus and support Laptop's touchpad and keyboard freezes after being idle for around 1 minutes. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a new Microsoft Laptop Surface Go 2, and ever since I booted up even while setting up the laptop the touchpad and keyboard freezes after not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kota Sugiyama, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Laptop's touchpad and keyboard freezes after being idle for around 1 minutes.

I bought a new Microsoft Laptop Surface Go 2, and ever since I booted up even while setting up the laptop the touchpad and keyboard freezes after not touching for around 1 minutes. I am sure that the laptop is properly working as the touchscreen works normally even while the touchpad and keyboard being freeze. Since it is brand new, I believe that it has no corrupted files. The only thing that works on the keyboard is the power button which makes it sleep and once it sleeps and turns on again, it functions like normal. Until I idle it for 1 minute then I need to sleep it again. Is there any fi

:)

Kota Sugiyama, Jun 30, 2023

2. Windows 10 freezes/deadlocks after being left idle for a few minutes

I have done all of what you suggested, and it still freezes when idle for a few minutes. I have just performed a 1 hour + download. Five minutes later, while the computer was idle, Windows 10 froze.

Bill Nettles, Jun 30, 2023
  3. Ticked Win User
    laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Jun 30, 2023
  4. Laptop's touchpad and keyboard freezes after being idle for around 1 minutes.

Touchpad and keyboard problems

This is what is going on with my Probook 450 G1 laptop, Windows 10.:

Keyboard: M button does not work.

Backspace works once in a while or acts stuck. Narrator keeps saying "backspace"

Main "Enter" button works a little, not at all, freezes laptop, or goes back one step.

Escape button sometimes unfreezes mouse (touchpad).

Volume mute button freezes touchpad.

Numeric keypad does not work.

Left control button does not work, nor does the function button.

Typed entries are erased. Or internet and programs keep going back

On-screen keyboard works sporadically.

Arrow up freezes laptop or beeps in error.

Touchpad: Right-click button acts stuck at times

Click on touchpad hardly works

Left-click button works at times or freezes screen.

Touchpad mouse constantly freezes up. Escape or mute button works sporadically.

can this be fixed or will a wireless keyboard and mouse override laptop devices???

Please help!!!

thanx, Dave H

Moved from Virus & Malware

jimnastyks, Jun 30, 2023
Thema:

Laptop's touchpad and keyboard freezes after being idle for around 1 minutes.

1. Laptop's touchpad and keyboard freezes after being idle for around 1 minutes. - Similar Threads - Laptop's touchpad keyboard

2. Laptop's touchpad and keyboard freezes after being idle for around 1 minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop's touchpad and keyboard freezes after being idle for around 1 minutes.: I bought a new Microsoft Laptop Surface Go 2, and ever since I booted up even while setting up the laptop the touchpad and keyboard freezes after not touching for around 1 minutes. I am sure that the laptop is properly working as the touchscreen works normally even while the...
  3. Touchpad unresponsive for a few seconds after being idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad unresponsive for a few seconds after being idle: Hello,I've got an Asus laptop G533QS with windows 11 and I'm experiencing this annoying thing, which seems to be on purpose, when the touchpad stops responding for a few seconds after it's been left idle for about 5 seconds. The lag for it to respond varies from 1s to 3s....
  4. Touchpad unresponsive for a few seconds after being idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad unresponsive for a few seconds after being idle: Hello,I've got an Asus laptop G533QS with windows 11 and I'm experiencing this annoying thing, which seems to be on purpose, when the touchpad stops responding for a few seconds after it's been left idle for about 5 seconds. The lag for it to respond varies from 1s to 3s....
  5. PC freezes after being left idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes after being left idle: Hey there, I have been having problems with my pc freezing after like 5 minutes or so when being left idle. I observed that when this happens the internet connection drops and completely locks up. When hard resetting, I have to change the mac address of my internet in order...
  6. laptop freezes about 1 minute after booting

laptop freezes about 1 minute after booting: Hi, i have a samsung series 9 laptop and it has windows 10. I started getting this problem today. When i boot my laptop, i can log in and open browser and do all the usual things i can until about 1 minute after booting. It just freezes and i can't click or type anything....
  7. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after sitting idle for around five minutes

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after sitting idle for around five minutes: So this problem cropped up yesterday, and I'm no stranger to it. This Win10 install is relatively fresh, just a few weeks old with not too much being installed on it. Less than 24 hours ago, I began getting these BSODs out of the blue whenever my computer sits idle. First...
  8. Laptop freezing frequently for about 1 minute

Laptop freezing frequently for about 1 minute: Looking for ideas regarding the cause and fix for my Lenovo X230 laptop freezing frequently for about 1 minute. Running Windows 10 and Office 2013 on the laptop....
  9. OS sleeps after 15 minutes of being idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    OS sleeps after 15 minutes of being idle: I have tried everything. I have changed to never in every area that is offered by my system. I have even changed it in hkey and STILL at various (meaning when it feels the need to change) it either changes or sleeps after 15 minutes. Id done it three times already, this last...
  10. Freeze about 1 minute after boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze about 1 minute after boot: Hello, My laptop runs fine in safe mode - W10/0/15063 When I boot in normal mode about 1 minute after booted the PC freezes - I have tried to restore/reset etc - I do not have - this is not possible. I have run sfc/scannow - no errors Help - where should I start...