Windows 10: Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.

Discus and support Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have windows 11. When I enter BIOS I can use the mouse and keyboard. Can't use them in safe mode. External mouse and keyboard also don't work. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gwen Sanabria, Jan 15, 2024.

1. Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.

I have windows 11. When I enter BIOS I can use the mouse and keyboard. Can't use them in safe mode. External mouse and keyboard also don't work. I already restored to last point and that didn't solve the issue. Any other things I can try?

:)

Gwen Sanabria, Jan 15, 2024

2. keyboard and mousepad

Hi,

I have a Lenovo yogi laptop. From the end of June 2019, I found the cursor would suddenly disappear, and the keyboard and mousepad would cease to work, the touch screen did. A restart did not resolve the problem, but shutting the laptop down and starting
    up, did. However, within a few minutes the same action would occur. I eventually decided to restore to factory setting, allowing the updates to commence. (NB lost a program to this as the company doesn't exist any more and the program will not register)

The laptop worked fine until the final updates were installed. …..and again the touch screen works but the mouse and keyboard stop working. Any suggestions.

NB I have found the new 'helpful style' windows 10, not. Oh, for the times when you turn off updates and mess with setting!

Jerri7Stars, Jan 15, 2024
  3. keyboard and mousepad

Hi Jerri7Stars,

I'm Stefano an Independent Advisor, here to help you.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall your keyboard and mousepad driver. To do so:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Mice and other pointing device"

4. Right click on your keyboard

5. Click on "Uninstall device"

6. Click on "keyboard"

7. Right click on your keyboard

8. Click on "Uninstall device"

9. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

Then check if now the mouse and keyboard works.

If not, check on Lenovo support site if there are driver update available for your touchpad and keyboard.

StefanoTamiotti, Jan 15, 2024
  4. miiss.v Win User

Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.

Windows 10 Upgrade- Laptop Keyboard/Mousepad Lag

Since upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, there is a lag between using my laptop keyboard and mousepad. I have an HP laptop that I bought almost 4 years ago and didn't have this issue until after the upgrade. The mousepad becomes completely unresponsive
    after using the keyboard. I have to wait a few seconds before being able to use it again. I've seen that others are having issues with their wireless/USB devices, but this issue is with the actual hardware.

miiss.v, Jan 15, 2024
Thema:

Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.

1. Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working. - Similar Threads - Laptops mousepad keyboard

2. Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.: I have windows 11. When I enter BIOS I can use the mouse and keyboard. Can't use them in safe mode. External mouse and keyboard also don't work. I already restored to last point and that didn't solve the issue. Any other things I can try?...
  3. Mousepad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mousepad not working: Hello:The mousepad of my computer did not work.I tried to update the driver but it said that the driver is up to date.If I used and external mouse it work.The computer is a Acer Aspire A315-56Can you tell me how to solve that problem.Thanks,Hiram...
  4. Mousepad not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mousepad not working: Hello:The mousepad of my computer did not work.I tried to update the driver but it said that the driver is up to date.If I used and external mouse it work.The computer is a Acer Aspire A315-56Can you tell me how to solve that problem.Thanks,Hiram...
  5. My keyboard aren't working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard aren't working!: Hello! I couldn't type anything! I cannot login and open my laptop! It always asks for MIcrosoft password, which I know. But the keyboard is not working. Tried to reboot, use another usb keyboard, but none of them worked! Please help me! I need my computer! Thank you!...
  6. My keyboard aren't working!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My keyboard aren't working!: Hello! I couldn't type anything! I cannot login and open my laptop! It always asks for MIcrosoft password, which I know. But the keyboard is not working. Tried to reboot, use another usb keyboard, but none of them worked! Please help me! I need my computer! Thank you!...
  7. My keyboard aren't working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Laptop mousepad doesnt work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop mousepad doesnt work: While at work I have a wireless mouse, however I have noticed once in a while if I bring my laptop home to do work sans said mouse the touchpad isnt working which makes doing anything nearly impossible. What is a fix for this? I have a Dell Latitude 7390. Whats more annoying...
  9. keyboard and mousepad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard and mousepad: Hi, I have a Lenovo yogi laptop. From the end of June 2019, I found the cursor would suddenly disappear, and the keyboard and mousepad would cease to work, the touch screen did. A restart did not resolve the problem, but shutting the laptop down and starting up, did....
  10. Laptop Mousepad not working correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Mousepad not working correctly: Hi. My laptop touchpad isn't working properly. If I click the left button it performs a right-click and if I click the right button it does nothing. if tap the touchpad it performs a right-click also. my primary button is set to left. I am using windows 10. please help!!...