Windows 10: Laptop won't enter windows recovery environment after restarting

Discus and support Laptop won't enter windows recovery environment after restarting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to do a clean install but after installing the creation tool, I restarted my laptop but it didn't enter windows recovery. Am I missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Samsamrtx, May 19, 2024.

1. Samsamrtx Win User

Laptop won't enter windows recovery environment after restarting

I'm trying to do a clean install but after installing the creation tool, I restarted my laptop but it didn't enter windows recovery. Am I missing something?

:)

Samsamrtx, May 19, 2024
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, May 19, 2024
  3. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, May 19, 2024
  4. Jose Est Win User

windows recovery environment

Hi Sreenivas,

Your issue is usually caused by incorrect configuration of the Boot Loader.

As a workaround, follow the steps below:

• First, restart your PC or laptop.
    • After restarting you see the Grub menu.
    • In the Advanced Options menu you will see an entry Recovery Menu that you need to select.
    • Carefully select the grub – Update grub boot loader option.
    • It will automatically add an entry for Windows 10 to the boot menu.

If the steps won't resolve the issue, we strongly advised to reach out with Ubuntu support. Otherwise, revert back to single boot system.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jose Est, May 19, 2024
Thema:

1. Laptop won't enter windows recovery environment after restarting - Similar Threads - Laptop won't enter

2. My laptop is not restarting properly after entering bitlocker recovery key correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is not restarting properly after entering bitlocker recovery key correctly: After entering bitlocker recovery key Diagnosing your PC appears on the it shows your PC doesn't started properly with blue screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-restarting-properly-after/9d753b8f-982f-4666-960f-15c059c660bd
  3. Can’t enter recovery environment.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t enter recovery environment.: Hello. I recently got a new m.2 and I cloned my old boot drive to the new drive. When I was done I changed my bios to boot off the new drive and everything went fine. When I restarted my computer I get error 0xc000000e. I’m not able to enter the recovery environment nor am I...
  4. Can’t enter recovery environment.

Can’t enter recovery environment.: Hello. I recently got a new m.2 and I cloned my old boot drive to the new drive. When I was done I changed my bios to boot off the new drive and everything went fine. When I restarted my computer I get error 0xc000000e. I’m not able to enter the recovery environment nor am I...
  5. Laptop won't enter windows recovery environment after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't enter windows recovery environment after restarting: I'm trying to do a clean install but after installing the creation tool, I restarted my laptop but it didn't enter windows recovery. Am I missing something?...
  6. BitLocker keeps entering recovery mode after restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker keeps entering recovery mode after restarts: Hello,anytime I turn the computer on or restart it, I see the "BitLocker recovery" screen asking for the recovery key: "BitLocker needs your recovery key to unblock your drive because the Boot Configuration Data setting 0x12000002 has changed for the following boot...
  7. BitLocker keeps entering recovery mode after restarts

BitLocker keeps entering recovery mode after restarts: Hello,anytime I turn the computer on or restart it, I see the "BitLocker recovery" screen asking for the recovery key: "BitLocker needs your recovery key to unblock your drive because the Boot Configuration Data setting 0x12000002 has changed for the following boot...
  8. BitLocker keeps entering recovery mode after restarts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. automatic restart after placing the pc in Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    automatic restart after placing the pc in Recovery Environment: Hello, first I must say that I was leaving the PC updating at 19% and it lasted a long time, so I turned it off and when I turned it on the PC said "Undoing changes made to your computer", so I looked for some solution on the internet at this link...
  10. Computer wont boot after attempting to enter recovery environment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer wont boot after attempting to enter recovery environment: I think windows applied an update when I last shut down my pc, and when I turned it on this evening I got the message "undoing changes made to your computer" which was there for > 30 mins. After reading around the forums I tried to put my pc into the recovery environment by...