Windows 10: laptop wont boot.

Discus and support laptop wont boot. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Samsung np300 e5z, the lcd is broken so have been using my TV as monitor with hdmi. Was reinstalling windows 10 down /upgrading it with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by doug selland, Sep 23, 2023.

1. laptop wont boot.

I have a Samsung np300 e5z, the lcd is broken so have been using my TV as monitor with hdmi. Was reinstalling windows 10 down /upgrading it with the media creation tool, something caused the install to fail when it was at the restarting stage. Display said to reboot the system to start again. So I restarted the laptop, removed all security, pin, password etc just in case; and then tried again but downloaded windows to USB instead and tried install from the usb. However now it's stuck at restarting and wont load. fan keeps running, can hear hard drive running but that's it. it's been about

:)

doug selland, Sep 23, 2023

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Sep 23, 2023
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Sep 23, 2023
  4. Zeeba# Win User

laptop wont boot.

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Sep 23, 2023
Thema:

laptop wont boot.

1. laptop wont boot. - Similar Threads - laptop wont boot

2. My laptop boot wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop boot wont work: Hi! My laptop cant load and goes straight to advanced options, I tried factory reset but didn't work and I even tried to reset my BIOS but also didn't work. I am completely helpless and even asked if I can save it but I'm not sure at this point, I've tried doing everything I...
  3. laptop wont boot.

laptop wont boot.: I have a Samsung np300 e5z, the lcd is broken so have been using my TV as monitor with hdmi. Was reinstalling windows 10 down /upgrading it with the media creation tool, something caused the install to fail when it was at the restarting stage. Display said to reboot the...
  4. laptop wont boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop wont boot.: I have a Samsung np300 e5z, the lcd is broken so have been using my TV as monitor with hdmi. Was reinstalling windows 10 down /upgrading it with the media creation tool, something caused the install to fail when it was at the restarting stage. Display said to reboot the...
  5. Help my laptop wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help my laptop wont boot: I have a problem where my laptop is not booting at all. I have my cursor and it stuck in welcome screen and does nothing. I need this laptop in hurry since I have a lot of homework to do. I need to finish them all. I dont want to reset or something that will clean it. I just...
  6. Asus Laptop wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Laptop wont boot: Hi,I am sure this has been asked before but I cant find the cpecific answer to the problem and I have tried many of the proposed solutions.My Asus ROG laptop wont boot up, it won't do a startup repair itself and I have download the MS media installation file to a USB and...
  7. Asus Laptop wont boot

Asus Laptop wont boot: Hi,I am sure this has been asked before but I cant find the cpecific answer to the problem and I have tried many of the proposed solutions.My Asus ROG laptop wont boot up, it won't do a startup repair itself and I have download the MS media installation file to a USB and...
  8. Asus Laptop wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Laptop wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop wont boot: Hello, I recently bought an IdeaPad gaming 3 82K2015MMJ. The day I got it it was fine then after a few hours of using it suddenly rebooted on its own, It was okay for a few minutes then kept rebooting giving different BSOD everytime. now it doesn't boot into the login screen...
  10. Laptop wont boot

Laptop wont boot: Hello, I recently bought an IdeaPad gaming 3 82K2015MMJ. The day I got it it was fine then after a few hours of using it suddenly rebooted on its own, It was okay for a few minutes then kept rebooting giving different BSOD everytime. now it doesn't boot into the login screen...