Windows 10: Laptop wont boot anymore after update

Discus and support Laptop wont boot anymore after update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows won’t boot up. It says it’s installing updates, gets to 7% after a long time, then say it couldn’t complete the update and attempts to undo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Christopher Prisco, Jun 21, 2024.

1. Laptop wont boot anymore after update

Windows won’t boot up. It says it’s installing updates, gets to 7% after a long time, then say it couldn’t complete the update and attempts to undo changes. It never gets off this screen. Tried searching but couldnt find any help.

:)

Christopher Prisco, Jun 21, 2024

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Jun 22, 2024
  3. Windows 10 Laptop wont boot anymore

So one day i booted my acer laptop and its so slow too boot up so i waited for about 2-4 hours as i remember so i was going to do a normal task web browsing create power point etc and the UI is so slow opening apps are slow opening folder etc up to the
    point that the laptop was barely unusable up to unusable so i open task manager and the disk is running 100% the whole time it wont go down so i wait a couple of hours still the disk is 100% i restarted many times and still its usable up to unusable state
    and still the disk is still 100% the whole time i am using it so i tried scanning with anti virus but it says its clean so the worst part i did run disk cleanup i check all listed with temporary files listed on it about (4GB) but it did not run smoothly
    it runs about 5-6 hrs or so i checked if i freed about 4gb and it deducted now so i cancelled it since i gain a free space and after that the laptop is totally frozen so i decided to press the power button turn off to continue the next morning then as i boot
    up i got the error says boot manager failed so i tried to go to the BIOS and reset to defaults and it says applying automatic repair so i waited for more hours but no luck the laptop wont boot anymore i got only backlight no display sad part i dont have any
    system repair disc and the windows 10 oem partition backup btw i have windows 10 version 1809 4gb RAM

MarckKentucky, Jun 22, 2024
  4. mrgeek Win User

Laptop wont boot anymore after update

Why won't my laptop *sleep* anymore?

1) change the power options like the others suggested. Settings/System/Power & sleep/Additional power settings. Try programming the power button tap or lid close options to Sleep and Test. Screenshots here

Laptop wont boot anymore after update 273714d1586444395t-why-wont-my-laptop-sleep-anymore-screenshot_2.jpg

Laptop wont boot anymore after update 273715d1586444410t-why-wont-my-laptop-sleep-anymore-screenshot_3.jpg

2) if this fails, test turning Hibernation to Off by opening command prompt or powershell (admin) {don't worry, this is easily reversible}. Type powercfg -h off then Enter.
    Confirm by going back to the 'additional power options screen and Hibernate will not be there anymore, like on my system screenshot above where I've had it off for years to disable Fast startup.
    Try Sleep now (or better yet, after a reboot). If fixed, great. If not and you actually use Hibernate, simply replace off with on in the command prompt. Good Luck

mrgeek, Jun 22, 2024
Thema:

Laptop wont boot anymore after update

1. Laptop wont boot anymore after update - Similar Threads - Laptop wont boot

2. Laptop wont boot anymore after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop wont boot anymore after update: Windows won’t boot up. It says it’s installing updates, gets to 7% after a long time, then say it couldn’t complete the update and attempts to undo changes. It never gets off this screen. Tried searching but couldnt find any help....
  3. Laptop wont boot anymore after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop wont boot anymore after update: Windows won’t boot up. It says it’s installing updates, gets to 7% after a long time, then say it couldn’t complete the update and attempts to undo changes. It never gets off this screen. Tried searching but couldnt find any help....
  4. laptop wont boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop wont boot.: I have a Samsung np300 e5z, the lcd is broken so have been using my TV as monitor with hdmi. Was reinstalling windows 10 down /upgrading it with the media creation tool, something caused the install to fail when it was at the restarting stage. Display said to reboot the...
  5. laptop wont boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop wont boot.: I have a Samsung np300 e5z, the lcd is broken so have been using my TV as monitor with hdmi. Was reinstalling windows 10 down /upgrading it with the media creation tool, something caused the install to fail when it was at the restarting stage. Display said to reboot the...
  6. laptop wont boot.

7. Laptop wont go to sleep anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop wont go to sleep anymore: I have an Asus ROG Strix G732 17" laptop with an i9 and a 2080 Super running Windows 10. I've noticed that it won't go to sleep anymore. I've gone through every tip that google has tried to give me with no success, so I thought I'd turn here so I could explain what I've tried...
  8. Windows 10 Laptop wont boot anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Laptop wont boot anymore: So one day i booted my acer laptop and its so slow too boot up so i waited for about 2-4 hours as i remember so i was going to do a normal task web browsing create power point etc and the UI is so slow opening apps are slow opening folder etc up to the point that the laptop...
  9. Windows 10 partition wont boot anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 partition wont boot anymore: It's a little complicated. As a fan of windows XP I'd like having one as dual boot with my Windows 10, but after completing it the only windows to start is the XP. I tried a lot of methods to boot into windows 10 but the partition it is on is not the default. Because of...
  10. Wont boot after Windows10 update

Wont boot after Windows10 update: Started update today around 2pm, took about 5 hours to complete! Rebooted the laptop, now comes up with a blue screen saying a driver is corrupt or missing and wont boot any further. Only did the update because Microsoft might have fixed the issue with disk usage at...