Windows 10: Laptop with windows 11 won't connect to samsung tv series 7

Discus and support Laptop with windows 11 won't connect to samsung tv series 7 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just wonder is there any way I can cast my screen on a Samsung TV Series 7 without having to downgrade to Windows 10? It seems silly if you ask me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andreea Dobre, Jul 20, 2023.

1. Laptop with windows 11 won't connect to samsung tv series 7

I just wonder is there any way I can cast my screen on a Samsung TV Series 7 without having to downgrade to Windows 10? It seems silly if you ask me having to downgrade Windows because Samsung TV can't connect to it due to its fairly new appearance but is there any other way I can cast my screen? I've tried quite everything but on the other hand I just found out that I cannot stream my screen on the TV due to Windows 11.

:)

Andreea Dobre, Jul 20, 2023

2. Cannot stream to TV on Windows 11

Currently rolling out Windows 11 and have run into a problem with streaming to a Samsung 7 Series TV.

It works fine and several different laptops can stream to it - all on Windows 10.

Our new laptops on Windows 11 cannot, the TV shows in the Win+K menu, says connecting, the TV asks for approval the first time per laptop which we approve but then it disconnects and Windows says there was an error connecting.

We know the TV is fine.

We have tried:

1) Allowing cast to device through Windows Defender firewall.

2) Turning on network discovery and file and printer sharing.

3) Confirmed all drivers are up to date.

4) Updated firmware on the TV.

Any suggested solutions as this is quite a major issue when I'm meant to be rolling out several Windows 11 laptops!

Daniel Thomas5, Jul 20, 2023
  3. MisterEd Win User
    Cannot Cast to TV, Questionable casting VIA different software/hardwar

If you select Project wireless on the PC and the TV is in the available list then I suspect it supports Miracast. Here is how I do it:
    Note neighbor's TV in available list. His TV is certainly not on my network.

On Blu-ray player
    Turn on Blu-ray player
    It automatically opens menu on TV
    Start Screen Mirroring app

On Laptop
    Open Notification area
    Select Project
    Select Project to a wireless display
    A list of available devices appears
    -[TV] Bills TV
    -[BD] J6300
    -[TV] Samsung 7 Series (43)
    -[TV] Samsung 7 Series (43)
    Select [BD] J6300

A few seconds later my Windows desktop appears on my old Samsung TV

Notes about available devices
    - [TV] Bills TV = TV belonging to my neighbor across the street
    - [BD] J6300 = Blu-ray player
    - [TV] Samsung 7 Series (43) = 1st Samsung 43" 4K TV
    - [TV] Samsung 7 Series (43) = 2nd Samsung 43" 4K TV

I have verified that I can also show my laptops Windows 10 desktop on my Samsung 43" 4K TVs. In this case it was even simpler.

On Laptop

Open Notification area
    Select Project
    Select Project to a wireless display
    A list of available devices appears
    - [TV] Bills TV
    - [BD]J6300
    - [TV] Samsung 7 Series (43)
    - [TV] Samsung 7 Series (43)
    Select [TV] Samsung 7 Series (43)

On TV
    A message appears asking if I wanted to accept the connection
    I select Yes

A few seconds later my Windows desktop appears on my new Samsung TV

MisterEd, Jul 20, 2023
  4. MisterEd Win User

Laptop with windows 11 won't connect to samsung tv series 7

Cannot share/cast W10 Desktop to a later model LG or Samsung Smart TV  

Screen share works on all three of my Samsung TVs. Some things of note are:
    • Sometimes I have to try several times to establish the initial connection.
    • Sometimes the connection will hang or drop forcing me to restart the connection
    • Occasional audio stutter
    • I have to be deliberate with the mouse and keyboard because of the lag in response time
    I can project using a Acer Swift 3 laptop (2018 model).

The 55" Samsung TV (#4) is too old to support Miracast. To display the laptop's desktop on it I project to the Samsung Blu-Ray player (#1) which is hooked up to the Samsung 55" TV (#4). Note I have to first start the Screen Mirroring app on the Blue-Ray player (#1) for the laptop to see and select it.

The two newer 43-inch Samsung TVs (#3) and (#4) both support Miracast. They automatically appear on the laptops connect list as long as they are turned on. Once I select one of them from the laptop a message appears on the TV requesting permission to connect. I have to use the TVs remote control to accept the connecion. Once I do that the laptops desktop shows on the TV.

#1 [BD]J6300 = Samsung BD-J6300 Blu-ray Player (2015 model with Smart apps)
    #2 [TV] Samsung 7 Series (43) = Samsung UN43RU7100 (43" 2019 Smart TV)
    #3 [TV] Samsung 7 Series (43) = Samsung UN43RU7100 (43" 2019 Smart TV)

#4 Samsung UN55D6000S 55-inch LED TV (55" 2012 Smart TV)

Laptop with windows 11 won't connect to samsung tv series 7 356259d1641167914t-cannot-share-cast-w10-desktop-later-model-lg-samsung-smart-tv-connect.jpg

MisterEd, Jul 20, 2023
Thema:

Laptop with windows 11 won't connect to samsung tv series 7

1. Laptop with windows 11 won't connect to samsung tv series 7 - Similar Threads - Laptop won't connect

2. Laptop with windows 11 won't connect to samsung tv series 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop with windows 11 won't connect to samsung tv series 7: I just wonder is there any way I can cast my screen on a Samsung TV Series 7 without having to downgrade to Windows 10? It seems silly if you ask me having to downgrade Windows because Samsung TV can't connect to it due to its fairly new appearance but is there any other way...
  3. Windows 10 laptop won't connect wireless to Samsung Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop won't connect wireless to Samsung Smart TV: I've searched through other threads on here with similar issues and did some basic troubleshooting like checking for out-of-date drivers on my laptop and whatnot and still can't get this to work. My laptop running Windows 10 and Samsung UN55MU6290 TV are both on the same...
  4. Windows 10 laptop won't connect wireless to Samsung Smart TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 laptop won't connect wireless to Samsung Smart TV: I've searched through other threads on here with similar issues and did some basic troubleshooting like checking for out-of-date drivers on my laptop and whatnot and still can't get this to work. My laptop running Windows 10 and Samsung UN55MU6290 TV are both on the same...
  5. Tv won't connect wirelessly to laptop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tv won't connect wirelessly to laptop.: the laptop i purchased recently connects to my tv using an hdmi chord, but i would rather avoid that if i could find another solution. So i look to do it wirelessly. my tv shows up in my bluetooth menu, but it says its not connected and the only option i have when i click it...
  6. Desktop connection to Samsung TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop connection to Samsung TV: I am trying to connect my Samsung TV to my IBM Windows 10 desktop. I'm fairly confident I've gone through the TV's menu properly which essentially goes through their support process. After contacting Samsung Support Chat, I'm told that I need a Windows 10 driver to complete...
  7. Samsung Series 7 slate is not turning on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Series 7 slate is not turning on: I've left it charging for 8 hours and have pressed all the buttons at the same time, and the computer still doesnt turn on. If someone could help ASAP that would be great! Thanks...
  8. Laptop connect Samsung smart TV

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop connect Samsung smart TV: laptop connect to Samsung smart TV look not clear. look how to do it make look better clear and I could use laptop to smart TV than hold on my hip nor the desk anywhere. How do I make laptop to smart TV look good work ? 132777
  9. Laptop cannot connect Samsung TV with HDMI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop cannot connect Samsung TV with HDMI: I have DELL laptop Vostro 5000 series. After windows 10 update (April 2018), my laptop cannot connect my Samsung TV with HDMI cable. when i roll back update, everything goes well. 1) cable is Ok. 2) my drivers are installed and all update. 3) I tried to change resolution...
  10. Function Key Not Working - Samsung Series 7 Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Function Key Not Working - Samsung Series 7 Laptop: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I soon discovered that my Function key did not work for the majority of keys. I have a Samsung Series 7 Chronos. It does not work with brightness, backlight, wifi on/off, fan... etc. The key does work with volume so I know...