Windows 10: Laptop stuck on restart

Discus and support Laptop stuck on restart in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I installed an Intel update on my laptop, which required a restart. The screen went black after the “Restarting...” screen, but it hasn’t passed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MWR11, Mar 12, 2021.

1. /u/MWR11 Win User

Laptop stuck on restart

I installed an Intel update on my laptop, which required a restart. The screen went black after the “Restarting...” screen, but it hasn’t passed the black screen. I know it’s still on because my keyboard illuminates when a press a key, but it hasn’t done anything in about 2 hours. Also, when I press the Caps Lock, the indicator doesn’t turn on. I’m not sure what to do from here. Thanks in advance!

Edit: My laptop is a Dell XPS 9570

submitted by /u/MWR11
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MWR11, Mar 12, 2021
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Jo_2013 Win User
    Installed Windows 10 2 hours ago. Laptop stuck on "Restarting

Installed Windows 10 2 hours ago. Laptop stuck on "Restarting". Any suggestions on how to rectify?

OP - Jo_R

Jo_2013, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Laptop stuck on restart

Stuck on restarting screen

Hi Ashley,

It's really odd that your computer doesn't continue to restart and even got stuck on the restarting screen. However, since you're using a laptop, we suggest that you remove and put the battery back in your laptop, then boot it up again. Once your computer
    boots up completely, we suggest that you restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Laptop stuck on restart

1. Laptop stuck on restart - Similar Threads - Laptop stuck restart

2. My laptop stuck in restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop stuck in restarting: Hello,I am facing lag and freezing problems few days after updating NEW KB5037771 so I am uninstall updates but my laptop stuck in restart what can I do please solve this problem stuck in 1 hour...
  3. My laptop stuck in restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop stuck in restarting: Hello,I am facing lag and freezing problems few days after updating NEW KB5037771 so I am uninstall updates but my laptop stuck in restart what can I do please solve this problem stuck in 1 hour...
  4. Laptop Stuck On Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Stuck On Restart Loop: I accidentally shutdown my pc while it was resetting wipes everything then it started looping on and off and every single time it does it shows the screen it was on for a split second then repeats. I tried shutting it down and opening it again multiple times but it did...
  5. Laptop Stuck On Restart Loop

Laptop Stuck On Restart Loop: I accidentally shutdown my pc while it was resetting wipes everything then it started looping on and off and every single time it does it shows the screen it was on for a split second then repeats. I tried shutting it down and opening it again multiple times but it did...
  6. Laptop stuck in restart loop

Laptop stuck in restart loop: I recently just cleaned my HP laptop and wanted to factory reset it. And I chose the method of cloud download instead of local install for windows. I’m not really sure what happened I left to pick my child up and when I came back it had a pop up stating:“The computer...
  7. Laptop stuck in restart loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop stuck in restart loop: I recently just cleaned my HP laptop and wanted to factory reset it. And I chose the method of cloud download instead of local install for windows. I’m not really sure what happened I left to pick my child up and when I came back it had a pop up stating:“The computer...
  8. Laptop Stuck on restart screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Stuck on restart screen: My laptop has been stuck on the restart screen for a few hours now and i have tried to bring up any other screen with no success. I’ve tried hard shutoff and ctrl+alt+delete, and have unplugged it from the power source and its an XPS 2 in 1 so i cannot remove the battery...
  9. Laptop stuck on restart screen

Laptop stuck on restart screen: Hi, I have a problem with my laptop. I was running a scan in powershell and it told me it needed to repair something and told me to restart. I restarted and now i am stuck at the restarting screen with the dots circling. When i restarted i had the windows update open and it...
  10. Laptop stuck on restarting continuously

Laptop stuck on restarting continuously: I have an Lenovo Laptop that restarted and went to updating 68% and the spinning circle spun for over 2 hours. I forced a shutdown and trying to restart goes to the spinning dots circle on a blank screen after the p.o.s.t. screen. I intend to let it go overnight. If that...