Windows 10: Laptop Stops Recognizing External Display After Connecting Both To An Old Stereo.

Discus and support Laptop Stops Recognizing External Display After Connecting Both To An Old Stereo. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, recently I was setting up an old Samsung home stereo system AV-R730 in my office to see if I could hook up my laptop Dell G15 5510, Win11, Corei7,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mark .net, Sep 20, 2024 at 3:17 PM.

1. Mark .net Win User

Laptop Stops Recognizing External Display After Connecting Both To An Old Stereo.

So, recently I was setting up an old Samsung home stereo system AV-R730 in my office to see if I could hook up my laptop Dell G15 5510, Win11, Corei7, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 laptop GPU w/ Intel integrated graphics with an HDMI cable into 1 of the 3 IN ports, & then hooking up the Samsung curved monitor C32R500FHN, version no. HA02 with another HDMI cable to the OUT port.The connection did work, the speakers were working, video went from the laptop, into the stereo system, & then out onto the monitor, although in a less than favorable 720p

:)

2. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 20, 2024 at 3:22 PM
  3. Igal_1234 Win User
    Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Original Title: Igal

Hi,

I am using Samsung series 5 Ultra laptop. installed windows 10 and upgraded to office 2015.

my laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor (HDMI connection). checked on a few different cables and monitors but nothing happens.

anyone has any suggestion how to fix this problem?

Thanks

4. delpi767 Win User

Laptop Stops Recognizing External Display After Connecting Both To An Old Stereo.

No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank

After the recent Windows 10 update, my wife's laptop no longer displays on the external monitor. All was well before the update.

I am comfortable that Windows sees the monitor because clicking on Display Settings shows two displays. If I unplug the HDMI cable, only one display is shown.

I have confirmed that the monitor works by trying it with another laptop. I have also changed the HDMI cable between the laptop and the external monitor.

Device manager reports that I have the latest display driver installed.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thema:

1. Laptop Stops Recognizing External Display After Connecting Both To An Old Stereo. - Similar Threads - Laptop Stops Recognizing

2. Laptop Stops Recognizing External Display After Connecting Both To An Old Stereo.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Stops Recognizing External Display After Connecting Both To An Old Stereo.: So, recently I was setting up an old Samsung home stereo system AV-R730 in my office to see if I could hook up my laptop Dell G15 5510, Win11, Corei7, 16GB RAM, Geforce 3050 laptop GPU w/ Intel integrated graphics with an HDMI cable into 1 of the 3 IN ports, & then hooking up...
  3. windows 11 both shift keys stopped working on both laptop and external keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 both shift keys stopped working on both laptop and external keyboard.: windows 11 both shift keys stopped working on both laptop and external keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-both-shift-keys-stopped-working-on-both/fb110c6f-23e9-444a-a5ff-a354b0f4a58e
  4. windows 11 both shift keys stopped working on both laptop and external keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 both shift keys stopped working on both laptop and external keyboard.: windows 11 both shift keys stopped working on both laptop and external keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-both-shift-keys-stopped-working-on-both/9cfa6a4c-aa6a-4327-92af-775df2c43dcc
  5. windows 11 both shift keys stopped working on both laptop and external keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 both shift keys stopped working on both laptop and external keyboard.: windows 11 both shift keys stopped working on both laptop and external keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-both-shift-keys-stopped-working-on-both/9cfa6a4c-aa6a-4327-92af-775df2c43dcc
  6. Laptop stopped displaying to external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop stopped displaying to external monitor: Today I went out after playing some games. When I came back and turned on my laptop that was connected to a monitor, no display came up. I have tried changing out monitors and hdmi cables, reinstalling video drivers, etc. My laptop still detects the monitor and says it is...
  7. Old Laptop stopped working. Externalized/encased the old laptop HD. Connected to new...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Laptop stopped working. Externalized/encased the old laptop HD. Connected to new...: Hi Everyone, I hope someone can help me out with this problem. I encased my old laptop hd because there were significant problems. I connected the now external hd to my new laptop and changed the permissions on all folders and subfolders to "Everyone". However, I cannot...
  8. Hold Laptop stopped working. Externalized/encased the old laptop HD. Connected to new...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hold Laptop stopped working. Externalized/encased the old laptop HD. Connected to new...: Hi Everyone, I hope someone can help me out with this problem. I encased my old laptop hd because there were significant problems. I connected the now external hd to my new laptop and changed the permissions on all folders and subfolders to "Everyone". However, I cannot...
  9. Connect No Display Laptop to external display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect No Display Laptop to external display: My Toshiba running laptop has display problem since the update of display driver. There were blue vertical lines on screen but now when I turn on the laptop, there's a black screen. I want to connect my laptop to my BRAVIA TV using HDMI cable. But there shows no signal and as...
  10. No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank: After the recent Windows 10 update, my wife's laptop no longer displays on the external monitor. All was well before the update. I am comfortable that Windows sees the monitor because clicking on Display Settings shows two displays. If I unplug the HDMI cable, only one...