Windows 10: Laptop spends too much time on black screen before showing Lockscreen during Startup.

Discus and support Laptop spends too much time on black screen before showing Lockscreen during Startup. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use a HP Probook 650 G2 Laptop. I noticed that recently my laptop started spending 2 - 3 mins on the black screen that shows before the lockscreen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gozbot, Sep 30, 2024 at 5:57 PM.

1. Gozbot Win User

Laptop spends too much time on black screen before showing Lockscreen during Startup.

I use a HP Probook 650 G2 Laptop. I noticed that recently my laptop started spending 2 - 3 mins on the black screen that shows before the lockscreen comes up during startup. This doesn't happen when I hibernate the laptop and turn it back on. It only happens when I turn on the laptop after shutting it down. If you want to assist me and need more information, please let me know what you need, and I'll be happy to provide it.

:)

2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Troubleshooting black or blank screens in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

3. Laptop Goes to Black Screen at Startup

Hi Greg,

Unfortunately my laptop did not make it past step two. I've gone into my BIOS menu and had my installation media drive as the prioritized boot option with fast boot disabled, but I am still getting to a black screen after my manufacturer logo appears and
    the circle spins. Attempting to reach the Advanced Startup Options menu by force shutting down the laptop three times in a row also led to a black screen. Are there any other options?

BrandonGonzalez8, Sep 30, 2024 at 6:05 PM
  4. Laptop spends too much time on black screen before showing Lockscreen during Startup.

when i turn on sleep mode on my laptop it shows lockscreen wallpaper rather than black screen. how to rectify?

when i turn on sleep mode on my laptop it shows lockscreen wallpaper rather than black screen. how to rectify?

(*Moved from feedback.)

anupam jaglan, Sep 30, 2024 at 6:05 PM
Thema:

Laptop spends too much time on black screen before showing Lockscreen during Startup.

1. Laptop spends too much time on black screen before showing Lockscreen during Startup. - Similar Threads - Laptop spends too

2. Laptop spends too much time on black screen before showing Lockscreen during Startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop spends too much time on black screen before showing Lockscreen during Startup.: I use a HP Probook 650 G2 Laptop. I noticed that recently my laptop started spending 2 - 3 mins on the black screen that shows before the lockscreen comes up during startup. This doesn't happen when I hibernate the laptop and turn it back on. It only happens when I turn on...
  3. Laptop spends too much time on black screen before showing Lockscreen during Startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop spends too much time on black screen before showing Lockscreen during Startup.: I use a HP Probook 650 G2 Laptop. I noticed that recently my laptop started spending 2 - 3 mins on the black screen that shows before the lockscreen comes up during startup. This doesn't happen when I hibernate the laptop and turn it back on. It only happens when I turn on...
  4. Its Too much money to spend.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Its Too much money to spend.: Hello everybody, usually im not anyone to go on here and talk ab this stuff but here i am, iv been playing minecraft since i was 4 or 5 and i LOVE the game. I have brought the game on IOS, Playstation and switch. But when i sign in on windows it says i need to buy it again...
  5. Its Too much money to spend.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Its Too much money to spend.: Hello everybody, usually im not anyone to go on here and talk ab this stuff but here i am, iv been playing minecraft since i was 4 or 5 and i LOVE the game. I have brought the game on IOS, Playstation and switch. But when i sign in on windows it says i need to buy it again...
  6. My hp omen laptop spend too much time on the omen logo screen before booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hp omen laptop spend too much time on the omen logo screen before booting: Hey please I have an issue all of a sudden when I start my hp omen 15 laptop the omen logo screen spins for about a minute before my laptop can boot into windows please how do I fix these. My laptop Serial No is 5CD1313LNP...
  7. My hp omen laptop spend too much time on the omen logo screen before booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hp omen laptop spend too much time on the omen logo screen before booting: Hey please I have an issue all of a sudden when I start my hp omen 15 laptop the omen logo screen spins for about a minute before my laptop can boot into windows please how do I fix these. My laptop Serial No is 5CD1313LNP...
  8. Windows 11 get too much time to startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 get too much time to startup.: Windows 11 get too much time to startup.I have only a few programs enabled in the startup menu.But it takes too much time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-get-too-much-time-to-startup/dfab2f3c-d777-46ac-b4f6-948edacea0d4
  9. Spending too long time in welcome during start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Spending too long time in welcome during start up: Please anyone know how to solve this as I dont know why my pc starts up so slow before this it just took less than 1 second in the welcome during start up but now is almost 5 to 6 seconds...
  10. black screen before startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    black screen before startup: i have a problem When I open the computer, a black screen appears for a minute or two and then it runs Windows. I want a solution to speed up the startup. Note: I use hard hdd, not sdd...