Windows 10: Laptop shows a white dash while trying to boot

Discus and support Laptop shows a white dash while trying to boot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi my lenovo thinkpad is showing a blinking white dash in the upper left corner of the screen and then bootloops even though i haven’t messed with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Maxwell Angers, Sep 19, 2024 at 5:02 PM.

1. Laptop shows a white dash while trying to boot

Hi my lenovo thinkpad is showing a blinking white dash in the upper left corner of the screen and then bootloops even though i haven’t messed with anything on it before so how do i fix this

:)

Maxwell Angers, Sep 19, 2024 at 5:02 PM

2. Dash blink on boot win10

My laptop is just dead, so I took laptop hdd and insert it on an desktop. I have install the hdd as normaly (with sata and power).The desktop bios recognized it. But when I start to boot an white dash is blinking. What can I do to fix it

TechSupportOr21, Sep 19, 2024 at 5:09 PM
  3. New SSD and when used for booting it boots on a black screen with a white dash.

I bought a new SSD for my pc, i plugged it in and realized it was on MBR and i converted it into GPT using disk management. Everytime i go to bios settings i have to turn off secure boot and open CSM so i can see my SSD but everytime i use my ssd as a boot option it boots into a black screen with a white dash. Other tech savvies told me to unplug the power supply and hold the power button, well the black screen white dash thing is fixed but it just resets my bios options it turned on secure boot and disabled CSM and my boot option is on the HDD and the SSD is missing. I need help with fixing the black screen and setting up my boot settings for my SSD. Thank You For Hearing My Problem!

SAMUELJOSIAHLEAL, Sep 19, 2024 at 5:09 PM
  4. John Vil Win User

Laptop shows a white dash while trying to boot

White Screen on Windows 10

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your laptop's screen will show a plain white screen. To assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any hardware/software changes on your laptop recently?
    • At what point do this white screen appear?
    • Have you tried booting your computer into Safe Mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

We look forward for your response.

Thema:

Laptop shows a white dash while trying to boot

1. Laptop shows a white dash while trying to boot - Similar Threads - Laptop shows white

2. Laptop shows a white dash while trying to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shows a white dash while trying to boot: Hi my lenovo thinkpad is showing a blinking white dash in the upper left corner of the screen and then bootloops even though i haven’t messed with anything on it before so how do i fix this...
  3. Laptop shows a white dash while trying to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shows a white dash while trying to boot: Hi my lenovo thinkpad is showing a blinking white dash in the upper left corner of the screen and then bootloops even though i haven’t messed with anything on it before so how do i fix this...
  4. My screen shows white lines while booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen shows white lines while booting: My window11 Asus VivoBook S14 laptop has started showing white lines during booting. There was no issue since morning but suddenly the entire screen started to flicker badly, I watched few videos and tried following few things 1. In the command prompt I did some changes like...
  5. My screen shows white lines while booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen shows white lines while booting: My window11 Asus VivoBook S14 laptop has started showing white lines during booting. There was no issue since morning but suddenly the entire screen started to flicker badly, I watched few videos and tried following few things 1. In the command prompt I did some changes like...
  6. New SSD and when used for booting it boots on a black screen with a white dash.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New SSD and when used for booting it boots on a black screen with a white dash.: I bought a new SSD for my pc, i plugged it in and realized it was on MBR and i converted it into GPT using disk management. Everytime i go to bios settings i have to turn off secure boot and open CSM so i can see my SSD but everytime i use my ssd as a boot option it boots...
  7. New SSD and when used for booting it boots on a black screen with a white dash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD and when used for booting it boots on a black screen with a white dash.: I bought a new SSD for my pc, i plugged it in and realized it was on MBR and i converted it into GPT using disk management. Everytime i go to bios settings i have to turn off secure boot and open CSM so i can see my SSD but everytime i use my ssd as a boot option it boots...
  8. New SSD and when used for booting it boots on a black screen with a white dash.

9. Why does my computer boot up to a black screen with a white dash

Why does my computer boot up to a black screen with a white dash: Whenever I try and start my computer it boots to a black screen with a solid dash. If I turn it off and on over and over again it randomly boots up like normal sometimes, so I doubt it’s a hardware issue....
  10. Why does my computer boot up to a black screen with a white dash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my computer boot up to a black screen with a white dash: Whenever I try and start my computer it boots to a black screen with a solid dash. If I turn it off and on over and over again it randomly boots up like normal sometimes, so I doubt it’s a hardware issue....