Windows 10: Laptop screen doesn't go back after automatically turns off

Discus and support Laptop screen doesn't go back after automatically turns off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an Asus laptop acting weird.When the usb receiver for the wireless mouse is connected, the screen turns off 5 minutes for me due to inactivity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JomsMLR, Aug 23, 2021.

1. JomsMLR Win User

Laptop screen doesn't go back after automatically turns off

I have an Asus laptop acting weird.When the usb receiver for the wireless mouse is connected, the screen turns off 5 minutes for me due to inactivity and the screen comes back when I press a button on the keyboard or use the mouse.When I don't have the receiver connected, the screen turns off due to inactivity but no matter what I press the screen won't turn back on. The only way to work on the laptop is by force restart by pressing the power button.My temporary solution for that is to set the "turn off screen" to NEVER but when I manually turn off the screen at this setup it still doesn't w

:)

JomsMLR, Aug 23, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Laptop screen doesn't go back after automatically turns off [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 23, 2021
  3. Windows Spotlight doesn`t turn on

Hello

I was trying to turn on windows spotlight for my lock screen background in windows 10 v1709 build 16299.125, But it doesn`t turn on. I click on windows spotlight, It changes to spotlight, But not the preview picture, Then I come out from settings, again
    go in for lock screen background change, But the background is again on picture! I`ve done every thing to fix it, Nothing changed. Help me please

Amirali Salimi, Aug 23, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Laptop screen doesn't go back after automatically turns off [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Aug 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop screen doesn't go back after automatically turns off - Similar Threads - Laptop screen doesn't

2. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen comes back on after turning it off: In the "Control what the Power Buttons do" section of the control panel I have the Power button selected to turn off the display however, when i actually press the button in person the display turn off as expected then after .5th of a second the screen turns back on...
  3. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen comes back on after turning it off: In the "Control what the Power Buttons do" section of the control panel I have the Power button selected to turn off the display however, when i actually press the button in person the display turn off as expected then after .5th of a second the screen turns back on...
  4. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. dell laptop doesn't go to sleep, screen keeps turning back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    dell laptop doesn't go to sleep, screen keeps turning back on: This issue has been frustrating me for a while now, and I'm getting really irritated because I'm sure you guys up there at Microsoft are aware of this issue but I still haven't seen any fix for it. There are many discussions here from people who have Dell laptops with the...
  6. Laptop monitor doesn't turn back on after automatically turning off due to power settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop monitor doesn't turn back on after automatically turning off due to power settings.: One of the laptops I have has been having this issue for a long time. I've had it for about 2 years now and it wasn't doing it when I first bought it, at least, not to my knowledge as it was plugged in almost every time that I use it. I know that it's not good for the battery...
  7. MY laptop sound turn off and the back on automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MY laptop sound turn off and the back on automatically: Hi I am New Here so Sorry if this question does not fall into this Catagory I tried to find the sound category but there is non now to the problem, I have Elitebook 8560w and i and using window 10 but laptop speaker turn off and on automatically it like one second its on...
  8. My laptop screen turns off then back on after the log-in screen

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop screen turns off then back on after the log-in screen: Hi! I reinstalled windows the day before yesterday and since then every time I turn my laptop on after entering my password the screen turns off for like 2 seconds then turns back on. This have never happened to me before. I tried putting my old windows back via Macrium...
  9. Laptop doesn't turn off the screen or go to sleep when inactive

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop doesn't turn off the screen or go to sleep when inactive: Hello everyone, so just the other day I (finally) upgraded my Lenovo Ideapad Z510 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. So far, I'm pretty happy about it, so I'm definitely not regretting it, but there is one thing that it's starting to frustrate me. Basically, when the...
  10. Laptop screen backlight doesn't turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen backlight doesn't turn off: Hi, I recently updated my DELL L502X to Windows 10 from Windows 7. All drivers have been installed and Device Manager shows no problem. However I'm seeing a weird issue. I'm using an external monitor (ASUS) through HDMI. I'm setting the display to show on external monitor...