Windows 10: Laptop location is wrong

Discus and support Laptop location is wrong in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am running Windows 11 on a Dell Latitude 3540. My laptop appears to think I am in New Hampshire when I am in fact in California. The time zone is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Toby Espinoza, Jul 23, 2024.

1. Laptop location is wrong

I am running Windows 11 on a Dell Latitude 3540. My laptop appears to think I am in New Hampshire when I am in fact in California. The time zone is wrong, Google and Microsoft Maps show my location as NH, etc. I have fiddled around a bit with the location settings and nothing has worked. Any ideas?

:)

Toby Espinoza, Jul 23, 2024

2. my pc location is showing the wrong location

I have the same issue. it lists our location at our old house we left 3 months ago.

it's fine using our phones (which have internal GPS), but all our PC's are showing the wrong location.

we have 1 on windows 10 and 1 on windows 11, both are wrong.

they are wrong in edge and chrome.

they are wrong in the weather apps and anything which uses the location.

I have followed the common steps of setting the location, of refreshing dns, or ip, I've changed all entries to location I can find.

even on websites to try to find a local branch, it suggests them near our old house.

Have just spent an hour on the phone with our ISP (EE) who have nothing more to suggest!

Racing_Snake, Jul 23, 2024
  3. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 23, 2024
Thema:

Laptop location is wrong

1. Laptop location is wrong - Similar Threads - Laptop location wrong

2. location is wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    location is wrong: On all of the PC's in my house, the location is wildly wrong. This involves MICROSOFT EDGE; Chrome is fine. I've reached out to my ISP Verizon and my router eero and they don't see anything wrong with it. PLEASE FIX....
  3. Laptop location is wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop location is wrong: I am running Windows 11 on a Dell Latitude 3540. My laptop appears to think I am in New Hampshire when I am in fact in California. The time zone is wrong, Google and Microsoft Maps show my location as NH, etc. I have fiddled around a bit with the location settings and nothing...
  4. Location wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location wrong: I've recently moved house to a completely different part of the country. On my desktop PC not laptop, no GPS, my location is being detected incorrectly when using maps, or other location services on websites.I have edited my 'Default Location' to no avail. On further...
  5. Location wrong

Location wrong: I've recently moved house to a completely different part of the country. On my desktop PC not laptop, no GPS, my location is being detected incorrectly when using maps, or other location services on websites.I have edited my 'Default Location' to no avail. On further...
  6. Wrong Location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong Location.: Since upgrading to Windows 11 my laptop now thinks it is in Toronto. Whenever I access anything I get prices, etc in Canadian Dollars and some US websites won't load. I have checked all the settings for time zone and region and it is all correct.How can I convince Windows 11...
  7. Laptop is on the wrong location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is on the wrong location.: Hello! So I recently found out that the location of my device is on location "B" even though its location is literally in front of me in location "A". I have tried to switch my passwords but still nothing. Please help because I am very scared. My laptop might be hacked or...
  8. Laptop is on the wrong location.

Laptop is on the wrong location.: Hello! So I recently found out that the location of my device is on location "B" even though its location is literally in front of me in location "A". I have tried to switch my passwords but still nothing. Please help because I am very scared. My laptop might be hacked or...
  9. wrong location

in Windows 10 Customization
    wrong location: Hi all, This is to report that my device shows me the wrong location and so the time zone sets to china automatically while the device is in India, I changed the time zone back to India but upon restarting it ,again it sets to china. So that I have to turn off "Set...
  10. wrong location

in Windows 10 Customization
    wrong location: once I open my browser its open wrong location and I have changed so many times but after few minutes its back to same as previously https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/wrong-location/e7f9044d-b83f-4914-872b-32c978165309