Windows 10: Laptop keyboard spams no. 1 key and only the power button is functional

Discus and support Laptop keyboard spams no. 1 key and only the power button is functional in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop keyboard suddenly stopped working, with only the power button working, it keeps spamming the 1 key upon startup, i tried deleting and letting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ray_With_A_Laptop, Jul 2, 2024.

1. Laptop keyboard spams no. 1 key and only the power button is functional

My laptop keyboard suddenly stopped working, with only the power button working, it keeps spamming the 1 key upon startup, i tried deleting and letting it reinstall the keyboard drives but still won't function properly, what should i do

:)

Ray_With_A_Laptop, Jul 2, 2024

2. '1' was not functioning anymore but at times, '1' will be spammed repeatedly

This event occurred even when my '1' button was still functioning well. Then suddenly the '1' button didn't work anymore, but the '1' spamming still happened from time to time. The most common times this problem will occur are:

1. when I started my laptop, it will spam '1' when I want to insert my PIN (always happen).
    2. every time after my laptop woke up from sleep or hibernate.
    3. randomly when I'm using my laptop.

Recently, my touchpad also starting to work abnormally such as:

1. didn't detect my touch.
    2. cannot left click or right click (using gesture and buttons).

But the touchpad issue can be solved temporarily if I 'alt+tab', then it works normally just for some times.

I'm using Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3, Ryzen 5 4000 series/Nvidia GTX1650.

MOHAMAD SYAHMI BIN MOHAMAD NAZRI, Jul 2, 2024
  3. '1' was not functioning anymore but at times, '1' will be spammed repeatedly

Hey there!

My name is Ravi, an independent advisor and expert user. I am happy to help you. Laptop keyboard spams no. 1 key and only the power button is functional :)

I understand how annoying it can be when the key starts spamming automatically. Let's troubleshoot it.

Try the keyboard troubleshooter.

1). Open Start and select Settings > System > Troubleshoot.

2). Select Other Troubleshooters.

3). On "Keyboard", click "Run.

If it doesn't help, try these steps to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver:

1). Right-click Start.

2). Open the Device Manager

3). Expand the Keyboard from the list.

4). Right-click on the keyboard

5). Select Uninstall

6). Restart your computer

For the touchpad too, please try updating its driver.

1). Open Device Manager.

2). To find touchpad devices, select Human Interface Devices or Mice and other pointing devices, then right-click (or press and hold) the device you'd like to update.

3). Select Update Driver.

If it doesn't work, please get the keyboard and touchpad checked for any hardware damage.

Feel free to get in touch again if you have any additional questions.

Cheers,

Ravi

Ravi Chahar, Jul 2, 2024
  4. Laptop keyboard spams no. 1 key and only the power button is functional

Laptop turns on by pressing first any key on keyboard and then power button

My laptop turns on by presssing firdt any key on keyboard and then power button rather than power button directly and after it turns on then i have to hold any key on keyboard if i don't hold any key it turns off

shankarbehera, Jul 2, 2024
Thema:

Laptop keyboard spams no. 1 key and only the power button is functional

1. Laptop keyboard spams no. 1 key and only the power button is functional - Similar Threads - Laptop keyboard spams

2. Laptop keyboard spams no. 1 key and only the power button is functional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard spams no. 1 key and only the power button is functional: My laptop keyboard suddenly stopped working, with only the power button working, it keeps spamming the 1 key upon startup, i tried deleting and letting it reinstall the keyboard drives but still won't function properly, what should i do...
  3. Laptop keyboard spams no. 1 key and only the power button is functional

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop keyboard spams no. 1 key and only the power button is functional: My laptop keyboard suddenly stopped working, with only the power button working, it keeps spamming the 1 key upon startup, i tried deleting and letting it reinstall the keyboard drives but still won't function properly, what should i do...
  4. Only power button works on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only power button works on keyboard: Hi,I have dropped a few drops of water on my keyboard before the failure. Straight after that i cleaned the keyboard with a dry cloth. The only button working on the keyboard is the power key. The touchpad is responsive. The keyboard is permanently highlighted. Other...
  5. Only power button works on keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only power button works on keyboard: Hi,I have dropped a few drops of water on my keyboard before the failure. Straight after that i cleaned the keyboard with a dry cloth. The only button working on the keyboard is the power key. The touchpad is responsive. The keyboard is permanently highlighted. Other...
  6. '1' was not functioning anymore but at times, '1' will be spammed repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    '1' was not functioning anymore but at times, '1' will be spammed repeatedly: This event occurred even when my '1' button was still functioning well. Then suddenly the '1' button didn't work anymore, but the '1' spamming still happened from time to time. The most common times this problem will occur are:1. when I started my laptop, it will spam '1'...
  7. '1' was not functioning anymore but at times, '1' will be spammed repeatedly

'1' was not functioning anymore but at times, '1' will be spammed repeatedly: This event occurred even when my '1' button was still functioning well. Then suddenly the '1' button didn't work anymore, but the '1' spamming still happened from time to time. The most common times this problem will occur are:1. when I started my laptop, it will spam '1'...
  8. Functioning of keyboard button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Functioning of keyboard button: In my window 10 laptopMy window key and function key works switches means my window key work as a function Fn key and my window key work as a function Fn key..How i resolve it...
  9. Functioning of keyboard button

Functioning of keyboard button: In my window 10 laptopMy window key and function key works switches means my window key work as a function Fn key and my window key work as a function Fn key..How i resolve it...
  10. Keyboard spamming keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard spamming keys: I have two keyboards and both of them have problems on my gaming PC I recently built a few months back. One of them repeats keys while the other one spams 1s when holding down control and spams a bunch of other random keys like someone's smashing all the keys on the keyboard....