Windows 10: Laptop Keyboard Not Working in Windows 11 Only Works in Safe Mode and BIOS

Discus and support Laptop Keyboard Not Working in Windows 11 Only Works in Safe Mode and BIOS in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Device Specs:Manufacturer: LenovoModel: Yoga 9-14ITL5 Laptop ideapad - Type 82BGSystem Specs:OS: Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single LanguageVersion:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sai_99, Jul 23, 2024.

1. Sai_99 Win User

Laptop Keyboard Not Working in Windows 11 Only Works in Safe Mode and BIOS

Device Specs:Manufacturer: LenovoModel: Yoga 9-14ITL5 Laptop ideapad - Type 82BGSystem Specs:OS: Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single LanguageVersion: 10.0.22631 Build 22631Processor: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1185G7BIOS Version/Date: LENOVO EHCN81WW, 28-02-2024 The ProblemMy laptop's keyboard has not been working in Windows 11, although the touchpad and fingerprint sensor work fine. Since I use an external keyboard and mouse, via Logitech receiver, I only discovered the keyboard's fault a week ago. None of the keys in the keyboard work, except the following:brightness fn buttonmicropho

:)

Sai_99, Jul 23, 2024

2. Laptop keyboard only works in BIOS.

Hi,

I've had an issue for about a month where the keyboard on my laptop only works in the BIOS. When I get to the Windows login screen it doesn't react.

I've tried loads of proposed solutions (using an external keyboard and mouse): e.g. Uninstalling keyboard HID in Device Manager; Updating drivers(incl. BIOS); updating Windows; Running down the laptop battery; Running Win11 in Safe mode + Repair Environment; Running Complete reinstall of Windows 11

None of them works

I am 99% it's a software issue (since the keyboard works fine in BIOS), but I just can't figure out how to resolve it.

Please help.

Thank you

I'm using an ASUS Laptop FX705DU running the latest version of Win11 (fresh re-install).

BeyondFrustrated123, Jul 23, 2024
  3. Che93 Win User
    keyboard and mouse not working in safe mode

Hi, my laptop is Asus A550L, my brother just update the windows to windows 10 creator, and after that the keyboard and mouse stop working, only working in bios mode, after reading some internet tips i manage to also boot into Advanced Startup Options. than
    after that i tried to boot to safe mode in case i can delete or reinstall the drivers, which fails.

This is when the problem got worse, windows refuse to boot to safe mode, which then, i use command prompt to force it to boot safe mode. after reaching the safe mode, my mouse and keyboard stop working again, and i cant open the bios or the Advanced Startup
    Options (which can be accessed by f2/f8) again. Mistakes were made

So my question is, how to at least make the windows bootable back to bios or Advanced Startup Options and also to fix the not working keyboard and mouse after the first problem is solved

note that:

- I CANNOT USE my keyboard and mouse external nor internal

- This is a laptop that doesnt have ps2 port

- I`ve tried many mouse and keyboard and it doesnt work

p/s: sorry for my bad english

Che93, Jul 23, 2024
  4. Laptop Keyboard Not Working in Windows 11 Only Works in Safe Mode and BIOS

Keyboard does not work in safe mode.

So I just built a brand new gaming pc, and there was a black screen on the monitor because I didn't plug it into the graphics card and instead on the IO shield. I decided to turn the pc onto safe mode but then I realized I plugged the hdmi into the wrong place. I fixed the graphics card issue but my pc is still in safe mode. After I log into the computer and try to type in the bottom left box to turn safe mode off, the keyboard doesn't work. I then tried going to update and security but the tab just crashed. Could anyone explain how to fix this in easy steps because I am sort of a newbie to pc building.

StringentRabbit, Jul 23, 2024
Thema:

Laptop Keyboard Not Working in Windows 11 Only Works in Safe Mode and BIOS

1. Laptop Keyboard Not Working in Windows 11 Only Works in Safe Mode and BIOS - Similar Threads - Laptop Keyboard Working

2. Keyboard and mouse are not working in login windows screen only works in bios and safe mode...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse are not working in login windows screen only works in bios and safe mode...: My keyboard and mouse are not working and I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!! and look for other solutions as well. I unplugged my keyboard and mouse tried all my ports the problem still there all i tired other keyboards and mouses that doesn't work I tried my keyboard on another...
  3. Keyboard and mouse are not working in login windows screen only works in bios and safe mode...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse are not working in login windows screen only works in bios and safe mode...: My keyboard and mouse are not working and I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!! and look for other solutions as well. I unplugged my keyboard and mouse tried all my ports the problem still there all i tired other keyboards and mouses that doesn't work I tried my keyboard on another...
  4. Keyboard and mouse are not working in login windows screen only works in bios and safe mode...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard and mouse are working in login windows screen only works in bios and safe mode how...

Keyboard and mouse are working in login windows screen only works in bios and safe mode how...: My keyboard and mouse are not working and I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!! and look for other solutions as well. I unplugged my keyboard and mouse tried all my ports the problem still there all i tired other keyboards and mouses that doesn't work I tried my keyboard on another...
  6. Laptop Keyboard Not Working in Windows 11 Only Works in Safe Mode and BIOS

Laptop Keyboard Not Working in Windows 11 Only Works in Safe Mode and BIOS: Device Specs:Manufacturer: LenovoModel: Yoga 9-14ITL5 Laptop ideapad - Type 82BGSystem Specs:OS: Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single LanguageVersion: 10.0.22631 Build 22631Processor: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1185G7BIOS Version/Date: LENOVO EHCN81WW, 28-02-2024 The ProblemMy...
  7. Laptop keyboard only works in BIOS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard only works in BIOS.: Hi,I've had an issue for about a month where the keyboard on my laptop only works in the BIOS. When I get to the Windows login screen it doesn't react.I've tried loads of proposed solutions using an external keyboard and mouse: e.g. Uninstalling keyboard HID in Device...
  8. Laptop keyboard only works in BIOS.

Laptop keyboard only works in BIOS.: Hi,I've had an issue for about a month where the keyboard on my laptop only works in the BIOS. When I get to the Windows login screen it doesn't react.I've tried loads of proposed solutions using an external keyboard and mouse: e.g. Uninstalling keyboard HID in Device...
  9. Laptop keyboard work only in bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard work only in bios: Hi I need help with my laptop, my laptop keyboard work only in bios. I Deleted the drivers in device manager and tried to update them I reinstall windows 10 My laptop is xps 13 9350...
  10. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but not in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse work in bios but not in safe mode: My computer stopped recognizing keyboard and mouse. Tried different keyboard/ mouse, doesn't work. Tried safe mode, no keyboard/ mouse. Tried uninstalling updates, failed. Tried restoring to earlier date, still won't recognize. Tried reinstalling windows 10 from usb, doesn't...