Windows 10: Laptop keyboard not responding.

Discus and support Laptop keyboard not responding. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,My friend has a Cyberpower Tracer 2 laptop.After changing the disk, the keyboard cables became disconnected.I have now re-connected and the keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Graham Keen_50, Jun 13, 2024.

1. Laptop keyboard not responding.

Hi,My friend has a Cyberpower Tracer 2 laptop.After changing the disk, the keyboard cables became disconnected.I have now re-connected and the keyboard happily light up but pressing the keys has no effect.I have logged in using the On-Screen-Keyboard and run device manager. There are two keyboards shown, the std PS/2 one and a HID keyboard device.Both say they are working properly. I have uninstalled both, re-booted and they come back but it doesn't physically work.Has anyone got any ideas or tools to run to test it. ?Thanks, Graham.

:)

Graham Keen_50, Jun 13, 2024

2. keyboard on laptop doesn't respond on initial startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to access laptop keyboard, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly provide us with the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What happens when you try to access on-screen keyboard?
    • Have to tried to connect an external keyboard and check?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to connect an external keyboard and check if the issue persists.

Method 2: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer.
    • Now check for the issue.

Method 3: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search
      box from the desktop and select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View All option in the left pane of the troubleshooting window.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Perform the above troubleshooting steps and kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 13, 2024
  3. keyboard is not responding

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

I would suggest you to use the On Screen Keyboard by click on Ease of access login to the computer and then follow the below methods.

Uninstall keyboard driver and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right on the Keyboard driver and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 13, 2024
  4. Laptop keyboard not responding.

Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 13, 2024
Thema:

Laptop keyboard not responding.

1. Laptop keyboard not responding. - Similar Threads - Laptop keyboard responding

2. Laptop keyboard sometimes stops responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard sometimes stops responding: My ASUS Laptop keyboard sometimes stops responding, no software updates or driver updates avaliable, no faulty drivers, no bsod.Windows 10 Home 22H2, Installed on 2/10/2024...
  3. Laptop keyboard sometimes stops responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard sometimes stops responding: My ASUS Laptop keyboard sometimes stops responding, no software updates or driver updates avaliable, no faulty drivers, no bsod.Windows 10 Home 22H2, Installed on 2/10/2024...
  4. Laptop keyboard sometimes stops responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop keyboard not responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard not responding.: Hi,My friend has a Cyberpower Tracer 2 laptop.After changing the disk, the keyboard cables became disconnected.I have now re-connected and the keyboard happily light up but pressing the keys has no effect.I have logged in using the On-Screen-Keyboard and run device manager....
  6. Laptop keyboard not responding.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard not responding.: Hi,My friend has a Cyberpower Tracer 2 laptop.After changing the disk, the keyboard cables became disconnected.I have now re-connected and the keyboard happily light up but pressing the keys has no effect.I have logged in using the On-Screen-Keyboard and run device manager....
  7. keyboard not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard not responding: my keyboard which is Bluetooth with a usb wire no longer responds. It lights up and makes sound with each tap but doesn't show on page local, nor online https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-responding/9d0a92cc-f738-4442-8d49-3235259f245a
  8. Keyboard not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard not responding: Hey, i have an issue with my USB keyboard not responding. I've tried alot of tutorials like turning off filter keys, updating the keyboard drivers in the keyboard folder in the device manager but nothing seems to be working. Could someone help me out, it's a real headache....
  9. keyboard not responding

keyboard not responding: After the last update the device went into tablet mode so I can only use the touch screen--how do I get the keyboard back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-responding/8668eb74-3ce6-47c1-991a-7762d0867705
  10. My laptops keyboard doesn't respond.

My laptops keyboard doesn't respond.: I was cleaning my keys with a Clorox wipe and it was kind of wet so i dont know if it affects or not but when I came back my keys were messed and the next day the keys wouldn't work....