Windows 10: Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working after I use external usb keyboard and mouse

Discus and support Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working after I use external usb keyboard and mouse in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. I recently started using an external usb keyboard and bluetooth mouse on my Dell Latitude 7280 laptop Windows 10 Pro. After few hours use laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MarkNeedsUrHelp, May 19, 2023.

1. Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working after I use external usb keyboard and mouse

Hi. I recently started using an external usb keyboard and bluetooth mouse on my Dell Latitude 7280 laptop Windows 10 Pro. After few hours use laptop keyboard and touchpad stopped working. I checked Device manager and the I2C Hid device has a yellow warning. There are also a lot more HID devices than before. My theory is the usb keyboard and bluetooth mouse drivers are somehow messing with the laptop keyboard and touchpad drivers. How do I fix this. I dont have any restore points and have tried updating drivers. It reports I have latest drivers. Please help.

:)

MarkNeedsUrHelp, May 19, 2023
  2. Ticked Win User

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, May 19, 2023
  3. krytoned Win User
    Laptop keyboard and touchpad randomly do not work

Ever since I've upgraded my dad's laptop to Windows 10, the keyboard and touchpad stop working randomly, and would work only after I restart the computer. (logging off, switch user, standby mode doesn't resolve it.)
    There is no pattern to it. Sometimes it would be ok for a few days, sometimes it would happen again after a few hours. I mostly do internet browsing on the laptop.

When the problem occurred:
    - The keyboard AND the touchpad would both stop working at the same time.
    - USB mouse still works. (I do not have an external keyboard to test)
    - The lights on the keys themselves (eg caps lock, wifi) would still remain on if they're activated but cannot be toggled on/off as usual.
    - The device manager still showed no problems with the mouse or keyboard.

Things I've tried:
    - sfc /scannow
    - disabled sticky keys
    - used the generic drivers for keyboard and touchpad
    - reinstalled the drivers for keyboard and touchpad
    - updated to the latest synaptics driver
    - made a new synaptics trackpad profile
    - disabled touchpad when using the USB mouse

Laptop stats:
    HP Pavillion dm1-4002AU
    Windows 10 Home 64bit (upgraded from Win7 and then reset to a fresh state)
    AMD Radeon HD 6230 Graphics
    6GB RAM
    Synaptics Driver Version: 19.0.12.95 06Jul15
    Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
    Lenovo ThinkPad PS/2 keyboard

This is very exasperating. I would appreciate some help in stopping this problem permanently, thanks.

krytoned, May 19, 2023
  4. Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working after I use external usb keyboard and mouse

Laptop keyboard and mouse not working

Laptop keyboard and mouse not working even external keyboard and mouse not working

Keyboard and mouse working only BIOS Setup or automatic repair screen

when the login screen appears laptop keyboard and touch pad even external mouse and keyboard not working

please suggest me what can i do???

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

HayatData Solutions, May 19, 2023
Thema:

Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working after I use external usb keyboard and mouse

1. Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working after I use external usb keyboard and mouse - Similar Threads - Laptop keyboard touchpad

2. Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working after I use external usb keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working after I use external usb keyboard and mouse: Hi. I recently started using an external usb keyboard and bluetooth mouse on my Dell Latitude 7280 laptop Windows 10 Pro. After few hours use laptop keyboard and touchpad stopped working. I checked Device manager and the I2C Hid device has a yellow warning. There are also a...
  3. Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working after I use external usb keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working after I use external usb keyboard and mouse: Hi. I recently started using an external usb keyboard and bluetooth mouse on my Dell Latitude 7280 laptop Windows 10 Pro. After few hours use laptop keyboard and touchpad stopped working. I checked Device manager and the I2C Hid device has a yellow warning. There are also a...
  4. Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working: Hi, I use my laptop all the time at uni for studying. Today I noticed the touchpad and keyboard no longer work when I use them, but my wireless keyboard and mouse works. It was last working on Friday 2/9.I check for all updates including optional on my computer and installed...
  5. Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working

Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working: Hi, I use my laptop all the time at uni for studying. Today I noticed the touchpad and keyboard no longer work when I use them, but my wireless keyboard and mouse works. It was last working on Friday 2/9.I check for all updates including optional on my computer and installed...
  6. external keyboard and mous not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external keyboard and mous not working: I have recently factory reset my windows laptop. my keyboard and mouse were working before now, it's not working anymore, I have tried several things like going into safe mode, resetting bios, updating bios, etc. my laptop is an asus rog g551jm. Keyboard and mouse work fine...
  7. external keyboard and mous not working

external keyboard and mous not working: I have recently factory reset my windows laptop. my keyboard and mouse were working before now, it's not working anymore, I have tried several things like going into safe mode, resetting bios, updating bios, etc. my laptop is an asus rog g551jm. Keyboard and mouse work fine...
  8. external keyboard and mous not working

9. mouse, keyboard and external speakers not working in usb hub.

mouse, keyboard and external speakers not working in usb hub.: I have an external 3.0 usb hub plugged into my hp laptop. The light is on but my laptop does not recognize the mouse, keyboard and external speakers plugged into the hub. They only work when plugged into the laptop, but there is not enough room for all three items plus the...
  10. laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working: Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes. Solutions tried: rebooted removed and replaced main battery attached USB keyboard hit...