Windows 10: Laptop keeps bootloopikg after system restore. Can't enter advanced menu

Discus and support Laptop keeps bootloopikg after system restore. Can't enter advanced menu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop recently got a bsod after a system restore point I can't enter recovery even after waiting a lomg time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by calpol378, May 30, 2024.

1. calpol378 Win User

Laptop keeps bootloopikg after system restore. Can't enter advanced menu

My laptop recently got a bsod after a system restore point I can't enter recovery even after waiting a lomg time

:)

calpol378, May 30, 2024

2. Help needed with Windows 10 laptop that will not boot.

Step 1. Boot PC with Windows Installation Media

1) Create a Windows Installation Media.
    2) Change the boot sequence in BIOS and then boot your PC from the bootable disk.

Step 2. Open Windows Advanced Options menu

1) In Windows Setup page, press "Next" button.
    2) Then select the "Repair your computer" option
    3) In Windows Boot Options menu, choose Troubleshoot --> Advanced Options.

Step 3. Try different options to fix Windows 10 won't boot or start after update problem

Fix#1. In Windows Advanced Options menu, choose "Command Prompt" option to open the command line, here, type: sfc / scannow and press "Enter" button. It will scan system files and repair the errors or corruptions it has found. When it finished, restart your computer when the process is finished.

Fix#2. In Windows Advanced Options menu, choose " Startup Repair" option. Next, select the target operating system to fix. Windows will initiate the repair and then restart.

Fix#3. In Windows Advanced Options menu, choose "System Restore" option. Next, select a previous working state (date) to restore your computer. Wait until Windows restores your system and restart.

Sometimes, it is possible that System File Checker doesn’t help, Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically, System Restore gets stuck at restoring your previous version of Windows screen and can’t complete.

robertosburn, May 30, 2024
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    System Restore - or not!

There is a fix, but it is a bit involved, take each step one at a time and you should be OK:

• Start your device in safe mode:
      • Press Shift Key whilst clicking Restart
      • Upon Restart, go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Startup Settings and click Restart
      • When your system starts press 4 to boot into Safe Mode
    • Open Command Prompt as Administrator by pressing Windows + X and selecting Command Prompt (admin)
    • Run each of the following commands and hit enter after each one (allow each command to complete before running the next one):
      • takeown /f "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" /r /d y
      • icacls "C:\Program Files\Windows Apps" /grant administrators:F /t
      • rename "C:\Program Files\Windows Apps" "C:\Program Files\Windows Apps(old)"
    • Restart your system
    • System Restore should now hopefully work without returning the 0x80070091 error

Microsoft are aware of this issue and are supposed to be working on a patch currently . . .

DaveM121, May 30, 2024
  4. Laptop keeps bootloopikg after system restore. Can't enter advanced menu

Lost Mail app after performing System Restore on Windows 10.

Original Title: Lost mail app

I did a system restore as I had lost my start menu..the start menu returned but the mail app disappeared. the store says it is installed so I can, reinstall it. I can,t uninstall as I have no app.. any suggestions. it doesn,t appear in the list of apps.

shulakantor, May 30, 2024
Thema:

Laptop keeps bootloopikg after system restore. Can't enter advanced menu

1. Laptop keeps bootloopikg after system restore. Can't enter advanced menu - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps bootloopikg

2. Laptop keeps bootloopikg after system restore. Can't enter advanced menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps bootloopikg after system restore. Can't enter advanced menu: My laptop recently got a bsod after a system restore point I can't enter recovery even after waiting a lomg time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keeps-bootloopikg-after-system-restore-cant/33e4c3dd-83c4-45e6-b3fb-62b3db226043
  3. Laptop keeps bootloopikg after system restore. Can't enter advanced menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps bootloopikg after system restore. Can't enter advanced menu: My laptop recently got a bsod after a system restore point I can't enter recovery even after waiting a lomg time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keeps-bootloopikg-after-system-restore-cant/33e4c3dd-83c4-45e6-b3fb-62b3db226043
  4. My laptop can't boot after restoring the system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop can't boot after restoring the system.: Hi I was studying on my laptop and suddenly the blue screen came up with code: SRQL less than or equal. And it automatically restarted but brought up another blue screen with the error: initialization failed and kept on restarting with different error codessome of which I...
  5. My laptop can't boot after restoring the system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop can't boot after restoring the system.: Hi I was studying on my laptop and suddenly the blue screen came up with code: SRQL less than or equal. And it automatically restarted but brought up another blue screen with the error: initialization failed and kept on restarting with different error codessome of which I...
  6. Can't log into Laptop to do system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't log into Laptop to do system restore: During a system restore, windows forced an update on me. It messed up my laptop. I'm trying to do a system restore to save my PC but my password isn't working. Is there a way to bypass this to do a system restore? My password is correct but it's telling me it's wrong. I don't...
  7. Laptop lagging after system restore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop lagging after system restore: So I bought a new laptop and I had created a restore point if something happens then I was playing fortnite and download something's to speed it up, as I did it I thought hmm I don't really like that and then activated my restore point, it was doing a system restore and I got...
  8. After an advanced restore a new problem

in Windows 10 Support
    After an advanced restore a new problem: After an advanced restore a problem developed. I cannot do a restart. When the button is pressed nothing happens either using the mouse or Enter key. I am required to turn the computer off. running Windows 10 desktop 143921
  9. Advanced system restore and restore file locations

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Advanced system restore and restore file locations: I'm using windows 10 pro and am trying to get restore locations moved from and old drive to a new drive. I'm trying to figure out what folders and files I need to move and where to move them so I can have the restore points show when I open system recovery. Creating a system...
  10. can't enter bios menu after system image restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    can't enter bios menu after system image restore: I have an Asus UEFI mobo on my custom-built desktop, a few months old. B150M-K D3 It has American Megatrends firmware Today I restored my system from a macrium reflect system image. I went back only 2-3 hours in time. After rebooting, windows started up fine. But the...