Windows 10: Laptop hasnt been used in 2 yrs. have changed email address. How do I get signed on again.

Discus and support Laptop hasnt been used in 2 yrs. have changed email address. How do I get signed on again. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to bring up an HP laptop that hasn't been used in a couple years. Our old email address has been changed and we can't access the old email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pam Conlin, Jul 8, 2024.

1. Laptop hasnt been used in 2 yrs. have changed email address. How do I get signed on again.

I am trying to bring up an HP laptop that hasn't been used in a couple years. Our old email address has been changed and we can't access the old email address. Key number and password would not work and I was locked out. How do I get into the laptop?Couldn't find a topic below to match my question.

:)

Pam Conlin, Jul 8, 2024

2. Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 8, 2024
  3. Surface Pro 4 - How to Change eMail Address Associated with Administrator using Windows 10

Hello,

Editing the email address in your administrator account can be done by adding alias to your Microsoft account. Follow the steps below:

Step 1: Add an alias to your account

• Sign in to the Microsoft account website.

• Select Your info.

• Select Manage how you sign in to Microsoft.

• Select Add email or Add phone number.

• Follow the instructions to set up and verify your new alias. If you chose Add email, you have the option to use an email address that you already have, or you can create a new Outlook.com email address.

Step 2: Change which alias is primary

• In the Microsoft account website.

• Select Your info.

• Select Make primary next to the alias you want as your primary.

Step 3: Remove an alias from your account

• In the Microsoft account website.

• Select Your info.

• Select Remove next to the alias you want to remove.

Keep us posted with the result.

Regile Reb, Jul 8, 2024
  4. Laptop hasnt been used in 2 yrs. have changed email address. How do I get signed on again.

Email addresses being retained in private browsing

Using Firefox private browsing.

Went into a website yesterday for the first time. When I clicked into the 'Sign In' box, there was a dropdown list of several email addresses that have been used on this laptop at different times, but never with this site. These were hotmail and gmail addresses. I was not logged in to google at the time, nor to anything else. I tried to delete these email addresses from the 'Sign In' box but they will not delete.

This also happens on other sites including facebook. Only 2 emails have ever been used on the laptop to log in to facebook, yet it automatically offers four or five. All the ones offered are ones used by me, but I have never saved them on any website login.

I believe that private browsing should not save anything when a session ends, so I do not understand why these email addresses are showing. It seems that they are being stored somewhere on the laptop but I have no idea where to look for them to delete them.

A second laptop, that also uses private browsing on Firefox,does not have this same problem so it is something about the specific laptop.

Any suggestions welcomed

SaggyMaggyPoo, Jul 8, 2024
Thema:

Laptop hasnt been used in 2 yrs. have changed email address. How do I get signed on again.

1. Laptop hasnt been used in 2 yrs. have changed email address. How do I get signed on again. - Similar Threads - Laptop hasnt been

2. Laptop hasnt been used in 2 yrs. have changed email address. How do I get signed on again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop hasnt been used in 2 yrs. have changed email address. How do I get signed on again.: I am trying to bring up an HP laptop that hasn't been used in a couple years. Our old email address has been changed and we can't access the old email address. Key number and password would not work and I was locked out. How do I get into the laptop?Couldn't find a topic...
  3. how do I change my email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do I change my email address: How can I change my old email address to my new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-email-address/4e8f1b04-bef8-4dfc-bd97-6a7364206f54
  4. How do I change the email address on a brand new laptop that has a email address that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the email address on a brand new laptop that has a email address that...: I just open my new laptop and realized that I didn't gave it my full email address so the email address doesn't exist and the laptop will not do anything no even login bc there's not a email address that going to respond....
  5. How do I change the email address on a brand new laptop that has a email address that...

How do I change the email address on a brand new laptop that has a email address that...: I just open my new laptop and realized that I didn't gave it my full email address so the email address doesn't exist and the laptop will not do anything no even login bc there's not a email address that going to respond....
  6. How do you fix a camera thats hasnt been used in a while

How do you fix a camera thats hasnt been used in a while: So, I got a hp envy x360 laptop while I was still in school on zoom. I hated using the camera so I used the camera button to block zoom from using it. After school was over, I forgot to turn my camera on so I can use it when I need to. Now I'm trying to use it and its stuck....
  7. I need to change the email I have been using to sign into microsoft weather

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need to change the email I have been using to sign into microsoft weather: I moved house, and the ISP I was using in the city doesn't provide supply out here. I have just noticed today that the Microsoft weather app is logging me in with my old email address. How do I change this? It is fairly urgent as the old address is being cancelled on the...
  8. How change default sign in email address?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How change default sign in email address?: An incorrect email address due to a typo keeps coming up on Microsoft sign in to account. It can be edited but how do I change the default? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-change-default-sign-in-email-address/96e3cc70-e62a-4035-86ab-47b84f9e86b6
  9. how do I change the email address used to set up with microsoft sign in.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I change the email address used to set up with microsoft sign in.: I can not get access to the privacy setting on microsoft edge because the email is address has change it domain name functional https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-email-address-used-to-set-up/2be33113-24ef-44dd-815e-b516ae3e8944
  10. recently purchase of computer that hasnt been reset. How do I?

in Windows 10 Customization
    recently purchase of computer that hasnt been reset. How do I?: help please!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-purchase-of-computer-that-hasnt-been/85d876df-99a8-4aa6-ae73-acf0be3a52e1