Windows 10: laptop fan makes noise

Discus and support laptop fan makes noise in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a 4 year old laptop; The laptop fan makes noise. What could be the problem?My processor is IntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ArneGarvander3, Sep 11, 2023.

1. laptop fan makes noise

I have a 4 year old laptop; The laptop fan makes noise. What could be the problem?My processor is IntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz

:)

ArneGarvander3, Sep 11, 2023
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Fan making grinding noise

Hi rdldn

If your fan is making a grinding noise, that would be an issue with the fan . . .

If your fan is running at top speed, then something on your system s using up CPU or GPU

Open Task Manager (Ctrl +Shift + Del)

Leave that open on the Processes Tab to monitor your system

When your fan is very busy, is your CPU or GPU at a high percentage?

(GPU - depending on your version of Windows 10)

If so, click on the relevant column header, so the arrow faces down

What are the top 5 processes listed?

DaveM121, Sep 11, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Fan making grinding noise

Hi rdldn

If your fan is making a grinding noise, that would be an issue with the fan . . .

If your fan is running at top speed, then something on your system s using up CPU or GPU

Open Task Manager (Ctrl +Shift + Del)

Leave that open on the Processes Tab to monitor your system

When your fan is very busy, is your CPU or GPU at a high percentage?

(GPU - depending on your version of Windows 10)

If so, click on the relevant column header, so the arrow faces down

What are the top 5 processes listed?

DaveM121, Sep 11, 2023
  4. laptop fan makes noise

Fan noise

Are there any problems with the fan noise? IS it loud or can you hear it at all? I currently have the Lenovo Yoga 920 and the fan is so loud!!! I need one with no fan noise or very very very quite noise.

[ Moved from: Surface / Surface Laptop / Power, battery, and performance ]

Elizabeth190811, Sep 11, 2023
Thema:

laptop fan makes noise

1. laptop fan makes noise - Similar Threads - laptop fan makes

2. laptop fan makes noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop fan makes noise: I have a 4 year old laptop; The laptop fan makes noise. What could be the problem?My processor is IntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fan-makes-noise/c5fc6092-046c-41b0-9749-d4a4b896f053
  3. Laptop fan noise Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop fan noise Windows 11: My laptop's fan is making so much noise. Sometimes I feel like some jet engine is turned on. I'm start to see this issue after I upgraded to Windows 11. Is there any fix to this issue ?...
  4. Laptop fan noise Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fan noise Windows 11: My laptop's fan is making so much noise. Sometimes I feel like some jet engine is turned on. I'm start to see this issue after I upgraded to Windows 11. Is there any fix to this issue ?...
  5. Laptop CPU fan making noise and probably not working properly...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop CPU fan making noise and probably not working properly...: My 8 year old HP Envy dv7 laptop still works fine, although the flex cables, connectors, etc. inside are weak both due to age related wear & tear, as well as the fact that I have opened my laptop a few times which I hate to do given how difficult they have made it.Since last...
  6. Laptop fan weird noise with video

Laptop fan weird noise with video: Hello, while I was using my laptop the fan randomly started making weird noises and vibrating and it has been like that since. Here is a video: https://youtu.be/8EQD-wHJ7UE Whats causing it to do that?...
  7. Laptop fan making loud noise

Laptop fan making loud noise: I bought a brand new microsoft go laptop around 2 weeks ago and occassionally the fan makes some noise if there a lot of tabs. This normally wouldn’t bother me but eachtime it is very loud almost like the sound of an airoplane taking off and what is strange is that everytime...
  8. Loud laptop fan noise

Loud laptop fan noise: I have an Asus laptop and it's a quite old model. It originally had a hdd and I changed it to ssd. It did improve the performance speed but the fan is making louder noise than hdd. The laptop also heat up faster especially the palm rest. The air come out from the cooling fan...
  9. Fan making grinding noise

Fan making grinding noise: My fan is making a terrible grinding noise. It runs loud and also pulses at times. I called tech support. They wanted $90 to fix. What is causing this? The mentioned something about fan drivers (and other drivers not working properly). How can I fix it?...
  10. Fan making grinding noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan making grinding noise: My fan is making a terrible grinding noise. It runs loud and also pulses at times. I called tech support. They wanted $90 to fix. What is causing this? The mentioned something about fan drivers (and other drivers not working properly). How can I fix it?...