Windows 10: Laptop displays just switches and keyboard also becomes not responding

Discus and support Laptop displays just switches and keyboard also becomes not responding in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I have a HP Omen and I have a second monitor connected via HDMI with extended display, when I play a game steam the display of my laptop just blacks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alan None, Jul 11, 2024.

1. Alan None Win User

Laptop displays just switches and keyboard also becomes not responding

So I have a HP Omen and I have a second monitor connected via HDMI with extended display, when I play a game steam the display of my laptop just blacks out and game pops up in the second display. Worst thing is that laptop keyboard and touchpad also becomes not responding so now I can't turn off the game since the power button is with the keyboard so it's just running, I had to wait for the battery to run out. I have an external mouse connected via Bluetooth its working but cant quit without Esc key. Anyone know what this is?ThanksPS: Tried pulling out the HDMI cable, didn't work game was

:)

Alan None, Jul 11, 2024
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Jul 11, 2024
  3. keyboard on laptop doesn't respond on initial startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to access laptop keyboard, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly provide us with the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What happens when you try to access on-screen keyboard?
    • Have to tried to connect an external keyboard and check?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to connect an external keyboard and check if the issue persists.

Method 2: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer.
    • Now check for the issue.

Method 3: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search
      box from the desktop and select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View All option in the left pane of the troubleshooting window.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Perform the above troubleshooting steps and kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 11, 2024
  4. JP2016 Win User

Keyboard stops working after switching users...

Hi,

I have a very annoying issue that hast started to happen a few days ago. Basically when I switch users keyboard stops working.

Steps:

• Start PC
    • Switch User B - login screen is displayed and keypboard works to enter password
    • User B descktop is displayed
      • Keyboard does not work
      • Mouse works
      • Strange behaviour - the system seems to act like the Enter key is stuck down (which it isn't). If I open word to a new document (using mouse) it just inserts new lines into the document... like I am holding the enter key down
    I've tried a different keyboard and still the same issue.

Any ideas?

JP2016, Jul 11, 2024
Thema:

1. Laptop displays just switches and keyboard also becomes not responding - Similar Threads - Laptop displays switches

2. Laptop keyboard sometimes stops responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard sometimes stops responding: My ASUS Laptop keyboard sometimes stops responding, no software updates or driver updates avaliable, no faulty drivers, no bsod.Windows 10 Home 22H2, Installed on 2/10/2024...
  3. Laptop keyboard sometimes stops responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard sometimes stops responding: My ASUS Laptop keyboard sometimes stops responding, no software updates or driver updates avaliable, no faulty drivers, no bsod.Windows 10 Home 22H2, Installed on 2/10/2024...
  4. Laptop keyboard sometimes stops responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop displays just switches and keyboard also becomes not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop displays just switches and keyboard also becomes not responding: So I have a HP Omen and I have a second monitor connected via HDMI with extended display, when I play a game steam the display of my laptop just blacks out and game pops up in the second display. Worst thing is that laptop keyboard and touchpad also becomes not responding so...
  6. Laptop keyboard not responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard not responding.: Hi,My friend has a Cyberpower Tracer 2 laptop.After changing the disk, the keyboard cables became disconnected.I have now re-connected and the keyboard happily light up but pressing the keys has no effect.I have logged in using the On-Screen-Keyboard and run device manager....
  7. Laptop keyboard not responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard not responding.: Hi,My friend has a Cyberpower Tracer 2 laptop.After changing the disk, the keyboard cables became disconnected.I have now re-connected and the keyboard happily light up but pressing the keys has no effect.I have logged in using the On-Screen-Keyboard and run device manager....
  8. Laptop keyboard not responding.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. My laptops keyboard doesn't respond.

My laptops keyboard doesn't respond.: I was cleaning my keys with a Clorox wipe and it was kind of wet so i dont know if it affects or not but when I came back my keys were messed and the next day the keys wouldn't work....
  10. Keyboard on Laptop regularly becomes disabled

Keyboard on Laptop regularly becomes disabled: I know how to fix it on each occasion by disabling and re-enabling the 12C HID Device in Device Mgr. but want to find out if there is something I'm doing which causes it. Drivers and Win. 10 are updated....