Windows 10: Laptop display acting like two separate displays, causing insane screen tearing

Discus and support Laptop display acting like two separate displays, causing insane screen tearing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone.This is gonna be a long post so please bear with me, but I want to explain the issue in as much detail as possible.About two weeks ago,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jmfrancis, Jul 12, 2024.

1. jmfrancis Win User

Laptop display acting like two separate displays, causing insane screen tearing

Hello everyone.This is gonna be a long post so please bear with me, but I want to explain the issue in as much detail as possible.About two weeks ago, I was trying to install Roblox on my laptop, but for some reason it wasn't starting up. When I double click the game shortcut, the game launches "in the background". It shows up in task manager taking up about 10% CPU usage, but nothing shows up on my screen, neither on the taskbar. I mentioned everything I tried in this reddit post, so I won't repeat it here.The issue isn't about Roblox though, I got it working on an Android emulator and it's f

:)

jmfrancis, Jul 12, 2024
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Jul 12, 2024
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Jul 12, 2024
  4. Xjoejoex Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Laptop display acting like two separate displays, causing insane screen tearing 197350d1532709992t-hp-laptop-screen-won-t-display-except-occasionally-img_3770.jpg

Laptop display acting like two separate displays, causing insane screen tearing 197351d1532709992t-hp-laptop-screen-won-t-display-except-occasionally-img_3771.jpg

Laptop display acting like two separate displays, causing insane screen tearing 197352d1532709992t-hp-laptop-screen-won-t-display-except-occasionally-img_3772.jpg

Laptop display acting like two separate displays, causing insane screen tearing 197353d1532709992t-hp-laptop-screen-won-t-display-except-occasionally-img_3773.jpg

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Jul 12, 2024
Thema:

1. Laptop display acting like two separate displays, causing insane screen tearing - Similar Threads - Laptop display acting

2. Laptop display acting like two separate displays, causing insane screen tearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop display acting like two separate displays, causing insane screen tearing: Hello everyone.This is gonna be a long post so please bear with me, but I want to explain the issue in as much detail as possible.About two weeks ago, I was trying to install Roblox on my laptop, but for some reason it wasn't starting up. When I double click the game...
  3. TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP: Hi guys, I have managed to duplicate and project my browser from my laptop to a different screen clicking on the Windows and P buttons however I am trying to have a different browser opened on each screen, which I am struggling to achieve. Please could one of you kind folks...
  4. TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP: Hi guys, I have managed to duplicate and project my browser from my laptop to a different screen clicking on the Windows and P buttons however I am trying to have a different browser opened on each screen, which I am struggling to achieve. Please could one of you kind folks...
  5. TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Two screen display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two screen display: I am using a Laptop with a 2nd screen. For some reason my 2nd screen is now only showing the taskbar and nothing on the desktop. I have not changed any settings. Additionally my mouse pointer keeps disappearing, I am not sure if this is connected....
  7. Display acting strange

Display acting strange: I’m not sure what these lines mean, if anyone can help that’d be really nice, before i reset I tried changing drivers and it did not work. The lines do not appear in bios though....
  8. Using two external displays with a laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using two external displays with a laptop: I have a laptop with Windows 10 and Intel HD 4000 graphics card. Can I connect two external monitors and turn off my main laptop display, so I can extend the screens on the two external displays and not use the main laptop screen?....
  9. Insane display driver

Insane display driver: I've had some problems with drivers for a bit and though I was making ground. If I update my sound driver everything gets scratchy and sounds underwater. If I uninstall and reset sounds great. It updated itself sometimes- I was suggested to download autoruns and hide the...
  10. Laptops & Two Display

Laptops & Two Display: Had to use my Laptop as a Laptop. It's been a while, retired. Anyway Usually functions as my desktop with Windows 10. I use both the Touch Display on the Laptop as well as a Larger 2nd Display Touch Screen. Never have had issues. Well came back after 3 hours and plugged in...