Windows 10: laptop did an update now stuck on bitlocker recovery

Discus and support laptop did an update now stuck on bitlocker recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread.My mother in law laptop did an update now stuck on bitlocker recovery and have no clue what to do we tried go in her microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tijoe4u, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Tijoe4u Win User

laptop did an update now stuck on bitlocker recovery

Split from this thread.My mother in law laptop did an update now stuck on bitlocker recovery and have no clue what to do we tried go in her microsoft account but looks like someone beat us to it none of the info we have work and when we try to change email phone or anything goes to a phone number we dont have or an email that is not hers need to get a number yo put in bitlocker yo finish the update tried yo talk yo someone not availlable anymore tried to ask a teck for help have to pay for that we took indurance and all kinds of thing so she would not have to pay more how can I talk yo someone

:)

Tijoe4u, Mar 15, 2022
  2. James Win User

Bitlocker Stuck Decrypting

@rinconmike

For future reference, instead of using the TASK MANAGER to restart, you can simply hold CTRL + SHIFT and right click on blank space on the Task bar, to bring up 'Exit Explorer'.

Another option is to use software.

From m3datarecovery

Download

Instructions

From m3datarecovery

- *Smile

James, Mar 15, 2022
  3. BitLocker Recovery Issues

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are getting BitLocker recovery key prompt, every time you turned on the laptop. We appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue.

Ideally, in Windows 10 BitLocker doesn’t come by default. It could be possible that the BitLocker got enabled during some updates, either Windows update or PC manufacturer update.

As you have mentioned that you are forced to input the BitLocker recovery key, which is incredibly a tedious process.

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to disable the secure boot from the BIOS and check if you are able to bypass the BitLocker. Please refer the steps in this article:

Disabling Secure Boot

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 15, 2022
  4. laptop did an update now stuck on bitlocker recovery

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 15, 2022
Thema:

laptop did an update now stuck on bitlocker recovery

1. laptop did an update now stuck on bitlocker recovery - Similar Threads - laptop did update

2. Device is stuck in bitlocker recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device is stuck in bitlocker recovery: I have Windows home edition, but after an update the computer boots into the bitlocker recovery. I went to manage recovery keys and there is a code from 2021, which doesn't work. I went into recovery and tried the code with manage-bde, but that didn't work either.My...
  3. Device is stuck in bitlocker recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device is stuck in bitlocker recovery: I have Windows home edition, but after an update the computer boots into the bitlocker recovery. I went to manage recovery keys and there is a code from 2021, which doesn't work. I went into recovery and tried the code with manage-bde, but that didn't work either.My...
  4. Device is stuck in bitlocker recovery

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Laptop stuck in BitLock recovery Mode after Update, SSD is not being recognized

Laptop stuck in BitLock recovery Mode after Update, SSD is not being recognized: Hi, Since my Laptop Win11 did an update and shutdown, it's stuck on BitLock recovery loop. Pressing the Esc key for more options does not work, I get a Bluescreen everytime. Entering my BitLock recovery key does not work, again, I get a Bluescreen. I tried a bootable Win11...
  6. Updated laptop now stuck in Bitlocker recovery loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated laptop now stuck in Bitlocker recovery loop: I installed an update on my laptop and during the install it "encountered an error" and said it was undoing the changes. Then it went to the bitlocker recovery key screen. I found the key and entered it and still could not diagnose and fix the problem. I went to the...
  7. Updated laptop now stuck in Bitlocker recovery loop

Updated laptop now stuck in Bitlocker recovery loop: I installed an update on my laptop and during the install it "encountered an error" and said it was undoing the changes. Then it went to the bitlocker recovery key screen. I found the key and entered it and still could not diagnose and fix the problem. I went to the...
  8. Stuck on bitlocker recovery screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on bitlocker recovery screen: So this all started when I wanted to factory reset my computer, I did it and it was working fine but I got a TPM message thing and it told me if I wanted to erase or not, or something like that.anyway I say erase and now its telling me to enter my bitlocker recovery key1- I...
  9. Stuck on bitlocker recovery screen

Stuck on bitlocker recovery screen: So this all started when I wanted to factory reset my computer, I did it and it was working fine but I got a TPM message thing and it told me if I wanted to erase or not, or something like that.anyway I say erase and now its telling me to enter my bitlocker recovery key1- I...
  10. Stuck on bitlocker recovery screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security