Windows 10: Laptop can't find adapter.

Discus and support Laptop can't find adapter. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'll try to provide as much info as possible.My laptop is an HP CQ58-BF9WM running Windows 8.1. It started having trouble connecting to the Internet,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CC Bo, Apr 2, 2023.

1. CC Bo Win User

Laptop can't find adapter.

I'll try to provide as much info as possible.My laptop is an HP CQ58-BF9WM running Windows 8.1. It started having trouble connecting to the Internet, so I uninstalled the driver...only, it didn't reinstall when I restarted the computer, so now I have no connectivity at all.I already did a system restore and ran through the steps in this thread: hereNone of it solved the problem.My next step, I guess, is to manually take out the adapter and put it back in? Update the driver can't since Windows 8.1 is obsolete? Somehow install Windows 10? Any and all help is appreciated. My laptop works fine o

:)

CC Bo, Apr 2, 2023
  2. R-T-B Win User

Laptop adapter died

As a fun fact, some laptop adapters do interchange (old IBM Thinkpad adapters are actually a cheap and popular replacement for some Panasonic toughbooks because the specs are identical), but you should NEVER assume they do simply because of a physical fit!

Most laptops list the voltage and current on the bottom panel or by the plug. All adapters should as well if they are UL listed. Check both and don't plug it in unless they match! Even then, the best bet is ALWAYS the original adapter.

So yeah, hope you didn't do more damage than just the AC adapter is all I can say.

R-T-B, Apr 2, 2023
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 2, 2023
  4. Laptop can't find adapter.

Laptop adapter died

Typically the power circuitry in the laptop will have voltage regulators that will step down the voltage anyway to the required internal voltage. Most can take some slop

Beertintedgoggles, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

Laptop can't find adapter.

1. Laptop can't find adapter. - Similar Threads - Laptop can't find

2. Laptop can't find adapter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop can't find adapter.: I'll try to provide as much info as possible.My laptop is an HP CQ58-BF9WM running Windows 8.1. It started having trouble connecting to the Internet, so I uninstalled the driver...only, it didn't reinstall when I restarted the computer, so now I have no connectivity at all.I...
  3. Can't find display brightness adaptive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find display brightness adaptive: Hello there, I want to ask here. Why I can't find a option that can enable or disable display brightness adaptive? I've try to find it at settings but I can't find it. And I've try to search it at Edit Power Plan but I still can't find the option to disable windows brightness...
  4. Can't find display brightness adaptive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find display brightness adaptive: Hello there, I want to ask here. Why I can't find a option that can enable or disable display brightness adaptive? I've try to find it at settings but I can't find it. And I've try to search it at Edit Power Plan but I still can't find the option to disable windows brightness...
  5. Can't find display brightness adaptive

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Can't find Teredo adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find Teredo adapter: Hello, I have tried everything but I cannot find the Teredo adapter when trying to add legacy hardware. I have updated Windows to the latest version but it still doesn't show up. I'm trying to join parties through the Xbox app but I'm not able to because of this issue. Any...
  7. Can't Find Teredo Adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Find Teredo Adapter: I got a brand new pc built up, got the Xbox app downloaded, but I can't stay in the parties. Checked the connection to be told, "Teredo is unable to qualify." Went to Device Manager, check for hidden devices- couldn't find it, then went to add it to legacy. Of course, went to...
  8. can't find the Teredo Tunneling Adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't find the Teredo Tunneling Adapter: I've done everything I've tried legacy hardware and I looked at an older post that mentioned the local group policy editor but I have the home edition of windows so I can't use it, anybody know what else I can do? submitted by /u/lordofcin_2 [link] [comments]...
  9. Can't find network adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find network adapter: My network adapter is missing from taskbar and I am not able to connect with my network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-network-adapter/4f1b680b-0fcf-4663-948f-de32bac9724b
  10. Can't find network adapter.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find network adapter.: Getting angry. Got a brand new windows 10 2 in 1. Was 0laying a game, everything was fine, went to multiplayer and said no internet adapter. Did a soft reset, did a complete system wipe, can't connect to the net. Very angry. Please help me. Have a new pc and can't even...