Windows 10: Laptop blue screens when playing newer games: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Discus and support Laptop blue screens when playing newer games: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58 that has been experiencing this issue for almost a year now. I have an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4050 Laptop GPU, 12th Gen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AyKayJee413, Jun 18, 2024.

1. Laptop blue screens when playing newer games: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58 that has been experiencing this issue for almost a year now. I have an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4050 Laptop GPU, 12th Gen Intel i7-12650H, running Windows 11. This seems to happen whenever I play newer games, I've tried to find a solution on Google but nothing has fixed it. I've linked my minidump file from the most recent crash, I'm not sure what else to do at this point. https://drive.google.com/file/d/13a8UULV2AkxJncvID400p6VY4_7aYQu4/view?usp=sharing

:)

AyKayJee413, Jun 18, 2024
  2. Jacob_090 Win User

"Video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error" while playing games on my Dell G3 laptop ?

So every time I play a game after like half an hour or so, my game crashes (blue screen giving the error VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR ), then when I relaunch the laptop my discrete GPU is gone, like missing from task manager and hidden in device manager. To fix it I have to restart my laptop then the Nvidia drivers come back and when I play my games again the same problem happens after a few minutes of playing the game. It's never happened unless I'm playing a game.
    I have tried:

• reinstalling the graphics driver from NVIDIA.
    • removing the graphics driver using DDU in safe mode and reinstalling the latest one.
    • running sfc and dism

None of the above methods helped.
      My laptop is out of warranty so don't suggest I take it to the Dell service center as they will just say to replace the motherboard, I know that and that will be like buying a new laptop.

My laptop is a Dell G3 15 3500
      Specs -
      i7-10750H
      RTX 2060 6gb
      16Gb ram
      256Gb SSD
      Windows 11 home

Jacob_090, Jun 19, 2024
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Scan for hardware changes causes blue screen error VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you to fix the Blue Screen error.

The bug check VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR indicates that the Microsoft DirectX graphics kernel subsystem has detected a violation.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model of the computer?

Method 1:

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest graphics driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the following article which will help to fix common Blue Screen errors. Check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 19, 2024
  4. Laptop blue screens when playing newer games: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Hello I have a problem I just got a blue screen and the stop code is VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR when I entered youtube in chrome. my laptop is lenovo ideapad gaming 3 15ARH7. please help me

Biswajit Dutta1, Jun 19, 2024
Thema:

Laptop blue screens when playing newer games: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

1. Laptop blue screens when playing newer games: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR - Similar Threads - Laptop blue screens

2. Laptop blue screens when playing newer games: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop blue screens when playing newer games: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58 that has been experiencing this issue for almost a year now. I have an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4050 Laptop GPU, 12th Gen Intel i7-12650H, running Windows 11. This seems to happen whenever I play newer games, I've tried to find a solution on Google...
  3. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR when trying to play games: When I play "some specific" video games I always get the Video_DXGKRNL_Fatal_Error those games are Valorant, League of Legends, Dota2, Dying Light.. But the games like Apex or Stardew Valley works completely fine? I already did all the CMD commands fix but nothing works.Can...
  4. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR when trying to play games

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR when trying to play games: When I play "some specific" video games I always get the Video_DXGKRNL_Fatal_Error those games are Valorant, League of Legends, Dota2, Dying Light.. But the games like Apex or Stardew Valley works completely fine? I already did all the CMD commands fix but nothing works.Can...
  5. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR when trying to play games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Blue Screening when playing games

Blue Screening when playing games: I've been crashing when playing any kind of game that stresses the computer but my specs arent bad, but it started happening after we switched some pc parts, but none of the parts seem bad but i keep getting various blue screens some mentioning kmode exception not handled and...
  7. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR Blue screen while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR Blue screen while playing games: Hello, so I have this problems like a year now. When I was playing games like forza horizon 4, cs go, R6,etc my game crashed and my laptop did not detect my NVIDIA driver and I have to restart my laptop, so when I restart my laptop it got blue screen and it says...
  8. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR Blue screen while playing games

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR Blue screen while playing games: Hello, so I have this problems like a year now. When I was playing games like forza horizon 4, cs go, R6,etc my game crashed and my laptop did not detect my NVIDIA driver and I have to restart my laptop, so when I restart my laptop it got blue screen and it says...
  9. BSOD video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error when playing games

BSOD video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error when playing games: My windows 10 version is 20H2. Compilation of Operational system 19042.630. Windows 10 Home Single Language Please, I really need help. The system crashes while playing games. DESKTOP-K1HH658-(2020-11-23_15-36-11).zip - Google Drive 169011
  10. Blue Screen When Plugging in HDMI - video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error

Blue Screen When Plugging in HDMI - video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error: Attachment 93322 Hey guys, I have a Gigabyte laptop P25 upgraded to Windows 10. (GTX 770M) I have a problem only after upgraded to Windows 10. When I go to plug in a display through the HDMI port, the screen flashes for a bit, then the blue screen:...