Windows 10: Keypad function and wifi adapter problem

Discus and support Keypad function and wifi adapter problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to ask why my pc from f1 key to f12 all cannot press individually? I need to press fn key then I can function. Previously my wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alicia Yap, Aug 30, 2024.

1. Keypad function and wifi adapter problem

Hi, I would like to ask why my pc from f1 key to f12 all cannot press individually? I need to press fn key then I can function. Previously my wifi suddenly disconnected and didn’t show any connection, my whole wifi icon disappeared also. I follow what previous comments from here and I did uninstalled my wireless adapter from control panel. But I found out that my wifi disappeared again. So I restart my laptop and it now coming back already. Is it related to my problem?

:)

Alicia Yap, Aug 30, 2024
  2. Zontir Win User

Problems when sharing WiFi with the Virtual Adapter

For many years I have always shared Internet to my devices like phone and tablet with my PC's WiFi antenna through the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, I only use it for that, since I have a cable connection, and I start the wifi with the command NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork previously having done the settings of NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="Wifi" key="password".

For my devices to connect it is necessary that the Virtual Adapter that is created with that command has access to the Internet, for this I have to share the Internet from my Ethernet adapter to the Virtual Wifi adapter.

For some time now (a couple of months) I've been experiencing problems when sharing the Internet through that medium. The problem is that when I start the WiFi my devices do not connect, they say "Getting IP address" and never connect.

I have found the solution and I have to do the following:

1. Disable the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan stop hostednetwork.
    2. Remove the connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter.
    3. Activate the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan start hostednetwork.
    4. Adding connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter to the Virtual Adapter again.

By doing these steps my devices can now be connected to the Wifi, but sometimes it doesn't work if I do these steps too quickly. I have noticed that if I do step 3 and 4 too quickly it does not work and I have to repeat the process but doing these last two steps more slowly, until the Virtual Adapter gets an IP address 192.168.137.1 from Internet Protocol version 4

Also this problem does not occur 100% of the time. Sometimes when I run the command to start the Wifi everything happens fine and my devices connect well but this only works after my PC has been on for at least 5 minutes (I haven't counted it). If I run the command as soon as my PC has turned on then it doesn't work anymore.

As I mentioned before this problem didn't occur before because I had configured a .bat file that ran as soon as the PC was turned on with the NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork command and everything worked fine.

Now, I would like to go back to before when everything was fine so that when my PC starts up the WiFi too and I don't have to do all this protocol all the time, but with a simple command everything is solved.

Could someone give me a hand with this?

Zontir, Aug 30, 2024
  3. WiFi Adapter question

To be honest, I keep losing my wifi connection and Im almost positive its not due to my internet connection or Router or anything like that. VERY often, everyday, all day it keeps happening. The troubleshooter always resolves it by "reset wifi-adapter" (I believe this is the step it takes that resolves the problem) before it happens again anyways. Its driving me nuts ! Most time when it suddenly goes out (the connection) all the networks that should be in "show available networks" or all but the one I was connected to, disappear. I run the troubleshooter and it ends in resetting the wifi adapter. And it works. 10 minutes later, it happens again. Im trying to pin down the problem here. Thank you for your help.

Bright Eyes, Aug 30, 2024
  4. RhinoCan Win User

Keypad function and wifi adapter problem

I keep losing my WiFi adapter

I tried the Option 2 approach but kept getting the Error NetSetupDeleteObjecton Network Adapter error (0x80070005) error, even after a dozen executions of the command. That seemed like it was going nowhere so I tried Option 1. After completing the reboot in Option 1, I never got the dialog that asked if I wanted to make the computer discoverable, even after a significant wait. Do you have any further suggestions? I'm going to move on to "Compumind's" suggestion in the meantime and see if that helps.... - - - Updated - - -
    I started working my way down the list.
    1. Both the ipv4 and ipv6 resets said "access denied!". However, the mere attempt worked *briefly*, then the WiFi went down again.
    2. I disabled and re-enabled the network adapter. Again, it worked *briefly*, then I lost the WiFi again.
    3. I tried to disable the antivirus but couldn't find a setting for that so uninstalled it entirely. I got the WiFi back and this time it stayed on for several hours instead of a few minutes so I assumed it was fixed. Then I installed the new Avast One and the WiFi is still working so I'm assuming that all is well finally!
    Thank you for this list of suggestions!!!

RhinoCan, Aug 30, 2024
Thema:

Keypad function and wifi adapter problem

1. Keypad function and wifi adapter problem - Similar Threads - Keypad function wifi

2. Keypad function and wifi adapter problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keypad function and wifi adapter problem: Hi, I would like to ask why my pc from f1 key to f12 all cannot press individually? I need to press fn key then I can function. Previously my wifi suddenly disconnected and didn’t show any connection, my whole wifi icon disappeared also. I follow what previous comments from...
  3. Keypad function and wifi adapter problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keypad function and wifi adapter problem: Hi, I would like to ask why my pc from f1 key to f12 all cannot press individually? I need to press fn key then I can function. Previously my wifi suddenly disconnected and didn’t show any connection, my whole wifi icon disappeared also. I follow what previous comments from...
  4. Wifi adapter problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter problem: I am unable to connect any wifi network when i perform troubleshooter it doesn't give any fix. When.i go to device manager and expand the network adapter. A error symbol is showing on my wifi adapter. When i try to update driver it says windows encountered an error white...
  5. Wifi adapter problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter problem: I am unable to connect any wifi network when i perform troubleshooter it doesn't give any fix. When.i go to device manager and expand the network adapter. A error symbol is showing on my wifi adapter. When i try to update driver it says windows encountered an error white...
  6. Wifi adapter problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. WiFi adapter problems.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WiFi adapter problems.: A few days ago my WiFi stopped working. The computer said something was wrong with the adapter. The ether net still worked. I rebooted, unplugged power and rebooted still didn't work. a couple days passed and it started to work again ?...any suggestions on what happened?...
  8. Wifi Adapter Problem

Wifi Adapter Problem: Hi so I recently got a Realtek 8812BU wifi adapter and I'm having troubles connecting with the 5ghz wifi. The 2.4ghz is working fine but whenever I connect to the 5ghz it disconnects while I'm downloading something or speed testing it....
  9. Wifi Adapter Problem

Wifi Adapter Problem: My laptop is a lenovo yoga 730 13IKB. A couple of days ago, it stopped connecting to wireless internet, so I am on able to use the ethernet cable (with an attachment) to use the internet. I tried clicking the troubleshoot button and it said "there might be a problen with...
  10. WiFi adapter not functioning properly

WiFi adapter not functioning properly: Every time windows update the above screen shot is what I get. Wifi is not longer visible. After managing to fix it the last time, I began not updating. However, the program seem to have found away around forcing an update, whether I want it or not. This last time, when I...