Windows 10: Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at...

Discus and support Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! My laptop keyboard isn't working as well as my onscreen keyboard. I tried plugging in an external keyboard but it also wasn't typing even after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gio M1, Nov 11, 2023.

1. Gio M1 Win User

Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at...

Hello! My laptop keyboard isn't working as well as my onscreen keyboard. I tried plugging in an external keyboard but it also wasn't typing even after I switched ports. I'm stuck at the sign-in screen and can't access anything else, but the thing is, when I clicked on "I forgot my PIN" and it prompted me to type in my e-mail, the keyboard was working just fine. What can I do to solve this?

:)

Gio M1, Nov 11, 2023
  2. Ticked Win User

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Nov 11, 2023
  3. smestep Win User
    keyboard on laptop not working after upgrade, had to switch to on screen keyboard.

keyboard on laptop not working after upgrade, had to switch to on screen keyboard. suggestions?

smestep, Nov 11, 2023
  4. Sandoval Win User

Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at...

Keyboard not working

I have hp envy laptop with touchscreen. I never used the touchscreen keyboard until i had problems with keyboard on the laptop couple hours ago. Some of the Keys werent working at all, some would type numbers or incorrect letters or type commas after each letter. I tried adding and changing languages, and restoring system. Now, the laptop keyboard including function keys and the mouse doesnt work at all. When i go into control panel under keyboard- typing the only option listed is for touchscreen. Not sure if i somehow manged to disengage the main keyboard and mouse. Please help!

Sandoval, Nov 11, 2023
Thema:

1. Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at... - Similar Threads - Keyboards screen keyboard

2. Laptop and On-screen Keyboards Not typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop and On-screen Keyboards Not typing: My Laptop Keyboard and on-screen keyboard are not "working", it does show on the on screen keyboard that the keys are being pressed when I press key, but for some reason I can't type my password, in short the keyboards work for anything except typing my password so I can log...
  3. Laptop and On-screen Keyboards Not typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop and On-screen Keyboards Not typing: My Laptop Keyboard and on-screen keyboard are not "working", it does show on the on screen keyboard that the keys are being pressed when I press key, but for some reason I can't type my password, in short the keyboards work for anything except typing my password so I can log...
  4. Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at...: Hello! My laptop keyboard isn't working as well as my onscreen keyboard. I tried plugging in an external keyboard but it also wasn't typing even after I switched ports. I'm stuck at the sign-in screen and can't access anything else, but the thing is, when I clicked on "I...
  5. Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at...

Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at...: Hello! My laptop keyboard isn't working as well as my onscreen keyboard. I tried plugging in an external keyboard but it also wasn't typing even after I switched ports. I'm stuck at the sign-in screen and can't access anything else, but the thing is, when I clicked on "I...
  6. On-Screen Keyboard Not Working

On-Screen Keyboard Not Working: Hello, For years the On-Screen Keyboard worked fine, then suddenly it stopped appearing at the Sign-In Screen where I enter my password to log in to Windows, one place where I need it most.It appears on the Lock Screen before that and in Windows after that, but not on the...
  7. Keyboard and On screen keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and On screen keyboard not working: HiI uninstalled the keyboard drive by mistake and restarted the pc. I’m not able to login windows 10 since the keyboard and the On screen keyboard both not working. Kindly help.ThanksSeetha...
  8. Keyboard and On screen keyboard not working

Keyboard and On screen keyboard not working: HiI uninstalled the keyboard drive by mistake and restarted the pc. I’m not able to login windows 10 since the keyboard and the On screen keyboard both not working. Kindly help.ThanksSeetha...
  9. Keyboard and On screen keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Keyboard and on screen keyboard not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and on screen keyboard not working: Hi Everyone. Since couple of weeks I have been having trouble with my keyboard however yesterday it stopped working completley. After i restarted my laptop multiple times both keyboard and on screen keyboard do not work. On screen keyboard doesnt even come upBecause of that...