Windows 10: Keyboard Shortcuts to Open Any App/File Anywhere in Windows

Discus and support Keyboard Shortcuts to Open Any App/File Anywhere in Windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Keyboard Shortcuts to Open Any App/File Anywhere in Windows WhatInstructions of how to create a keyboard shortcut to open any app or file from any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Drcard:, Oct 18, 2024 at 8:02 AM.

1. Drcard: Win User

Keyboard Shortcuts to Open Any App/File Anywhere in Windows

Keyboard Shortcuts to Open Any App/File Anywhere in Windows WhatInstructions of how to create a keyboard shortcut to open any app or file from any place on your PC. WhyPressing 3 or 4 keys on the keyboard at the same time to open an app or file is faster and easier than leaving your active window on the screen, finding the shortcut for that app, and clicking that shortcut to open the app; and especially if the shortcut is not on the Desktop. Creating these custom keyboard shortcuts without any additional software is an added bonus.Keyboard shortcuts you create

:)

2. How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Oct 18, 2024 at 8:03 AM
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

4. Keyboard Shortcuts to Open Any App/File Anywhere in Windows

Keyboard shortcut to open the calculator

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the below steps:

• Type "Calculator" in start menu.
    • Click on Calculator and drag it to desktop.
    • Right click on it and select Properties.
    • Now go to Shortcut tab and add a shortcut.
    • Click on OK.

You may also refer the following article for keyboard shortcuts:

Keyboard shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts in Windows - Microsoft Support

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Thema:

Keyboard Shortcuts to Open Any App/File Anywhere in Windows

1. Keyboard Shortcuts to Open Any App/File Anywhere in Windows - Similar Threads - Keyboard Shortcuts Open

2. Keyboard Shortcuts to Open Any App/File Anywhere in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Shortcuts to Open Any App/File Anywhere in Windows: Keyboard Shortcuts to Open Any App/File Anywhere in Windows WhatInstructions of how to create a keyboard shortcut to open any app or file from any place on your PC. WhyPressing 3 or 4 keys on the keyboard at the same time to open an app or file is faster and easier than...
  3. Keyboard Shortcuts to Open Any App/File Anywhere in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Shortcuts to Open Any App/File Anywhere in Windows: Keyboard Shortcuts to Open Any App/File Anywhere in Windows WhatInstructions of how to create a keyboard shortcut to open any app or file from any place on your PC. WhyPressing 3 or 4 keys on the keyboard at the same time to open an app or file is faster and easier than...
  4. can't open shortcuts to settings that are present anywhere on the desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't open shortcuts to settings that are present anywhere on the desktop: I cannot open my windows 10 settings from shortcuts such as display settings, personalize, open sound settings, etc.. It is really annoying having to go everytime to settings in order for me to make a minor adjustment in my audio or anything would be amazing if someone has...
  5. keyboard shortcut to open search?

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard shortcut to open search?: [ATTACH] how to open search with help keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shortcut-to-open-search/3542caa4-07e0-4f71-a01e-acf2d9d1140c
  6. Can't open Windows Settings app via Start menu shortcuts or keyboard shortcut

Can't open Windows Settings app via Start menu shortcuts or keyboard shortcut: Hey all, I have an issue with my Surface Book running Windows 10, version 1809 (OS build 17763.475). The issue popped up after updating the laptop to the latest version of Windows. When I want to open the settings app, I generally do so by clicking on the Start Menu and...
  7. Any Windows keyboard shortcut manager? (Not AutoHotkey)

Any Windows keyboard shortcut manager? (Not AutoHotkey): Does any sort of program exist that can give a global view of all of the keyboard shortcuts that multiple running programs are "listening for"? Often, programs have the same shortcuts and overlap. So it'd be nice to see what program is listening for what shortcuts. Not...
  8. Keyboard Shortcut to open browser

in Browsers and Email
    Keyboard Shortcut to open browser: Hi all Was wondering if there is a shortcut to launch your default browser from your keyboard. Instead of having to use your mouse to click on it? Or if I can set one up? 75015
  9. App-specific keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App-specific keyboard shortcuts: I just recently got a Windows 10 PC, and I am having a problem. While general keyboard shortcuts (like Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V) work in all applications, shortcuts specific to an application don't work. Is there a fix for this problem? 32635
  10. Keyboard Shortcuts for Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Keyboard Shortcuts for Apps in Windows 10: How to: Keyboard Shortcuts for Apps in Windows 10 List of Keyboard Shortcuts for Apps in Windows 10 Keyboard shortcuts are combinations of two or more keys that perform a task that would typically require a mouse or other pointing device. Keyboard shortcuts can save you...