Windows 10: Keyboard shortcuts for specific layouts keep resetting

Discus and support Keyboard shortcuts for specific layouts keep resetting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I've asked this on a million websites yet never got a single reply, so I'll try here. Windows has this feature where you can set a hotkey to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BigDickEnterprise, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Keyboard shortcuts for specific layouts keep resetting

Hi, I've asked this on a million websites yet never got a single reply, so I'll try here.

Windows has this feature where you can set a hotkey to instantly switch to a keyboard layout of your liking. (link if you don't know what I'm talking about)

However it tends to reset completely once in a while, which is pretty infuriating for me (I have 5 layouts set, but most of the time I use only 2). How do I fix this? Windows 7 never ever did this.

submitted by /u/BigDickEnterprise
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BigDickEnterprise, Apr 20, 2020

2. How to change the default keyboard layout shortcut.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that presently you may change the default keyboard layout by pressing
    Windows key + space and I would like to inform you that it is not possible to change the keyboard shortcut for the keyboard layout.

• If you would like to create shortcut for the applications, please follow the below steps:
    • Right click on the application and select properties.
    • Enter a key combination in the Shortcut key field. The combination must be CTRL + ALT + a letter / number.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Keyboard shortcut for a single layout resets

Hi, windows has a function where you can switch to a single set keyboard layout via a keyboard shortcut:
    Change Hotkeys to Switch Keyboard Layout in Windows 10

However it often resets my setup. Win7 never did.

I'm on Windows 10 1903 but it occurred on earlier win10 releases too.

Thanks for help! I can't seem to find anyone else having this problem.

47POIW8WCR, Apr 20, 2020
  4. buzzer666 Win User

Keyboard shortcuts for specific layouts keep resetting

Keyboard shortcut for a single layout resets

Hi, windows has a function where you can switch to a single set keyboard layout via a keyboard shortcut.

Change Hotkeys to Switch Keyboard Layout in Windows 10

However it often resets my setup. Win7 never did.

I'm on Windows 10 1903 but it occurred on earlier win10 releases too.

Thanks for help! I can't seem to find anyone else having this problem.

buzzer666, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard shortcuts for specific layouts keep resetting

1. Keyboard shortcuts for specific layouts keep resetting - Similar Threads - Keyboard shortcuts specific

2. Keyboard layout keeps changing layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard layout keeps changing layout: My entire Windows is configured in English, the layout of the keyboard in Swiss-French. I speak fluently five languages between which I have to switch professionally several times during the day. I was drafting an e-mail in English and Windows kept changing the layout from...
  3. custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Customization
    custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting: I have set custom keyboard shortcuts to many apps that I use regularly for ease of working. eg. ctrl+alt+E to launch Excel. However every now and then the short cut gets reset and I have to manually set it again. I can't figure out yet what triggers the reset.. It seems...
  4. custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting: I have set custom keyboard shortcuts to many apps that I use regularly for ease of working. eg. ctrl+alt+E to launch Excel. However every now and then the short cut gets reset and I have to manually set it again. I can't figure out yet what triggers the reset.. It seems...
  5. custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting

6. Windows resets my keyboard layout shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows resets my keyboard layout shortcuts: submitted by /u/BigDickEnterprise [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khu1w6/windows_resets_my_keyboard_layout_shortcuts/
  7. Keyboard shortcut for a single layout resets

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard shortcut for a single layout resets: Hi, windows has a function where you can switch to a single set keyboard layout via a keyboard shortcut: Change Hotkeys to Switch Keyboard Layout in Windows 10 However it often resets my setup. Win7 never did. I'm on Windows 10 1903 but it occurred on earlier win10 releases...
  8. Keyboard shortcut for a single layout resets

Keyboard shortcut for a single layout resets: Hi, windows has a function where you can switch to a single set keyboard layout via a keyboard shortcut. https://winaero.com/blog/change-hotkeys-switch-keyboard-layout-windows-10/ However it often resets my setup. Win7 never did. I'm on Windows 10 1903 but it occurred on...
  9. Disable specific keyboard shortcut

Disable specific keyboard shortcut: Hi I have a severe problem with the shortcut "Alt+Ctl+z" as when I press it, it zooms on screen which caused me the undo problem in photoshop. I can't get any step backward more than once. Any ideas of how can this problem can be fixed? Thanks...
  10. App-specific keyboard shortcuts

App-specific keyboard shortcuts: I just recently got a Windows 10 PC, and I am having a problem. While general keyboard shortcuts (like Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V) work in all applications, shortcuts specific to an application don't work. Is there a fix for this problem? 32635